+ Reply to Thread
Page 16 of 23 FirstFirst ... 67891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Regular
    The fast forward was wasted on Colin and Christie. Basically they used it to bypass the tasks that the other teams completed. That's it. They clocked in at 11 am so they'll start again at 11 pm. Now what is open at 11 at night?

We know Mirna and Charla started the last task at 5:30 so if they finished at 7 pm, they'll start again at 7 am, closer to when businesses will be operating.

It looks like they're still in Egypt, so hopefully they'll be able to take advantage of their huge lead, but it really doesn't look like it. Or CBS is just showing us a clip that will make us think that. :phhht

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by frack
    The fast forward was wasted on Colin and Christie. Basically they used it to bypass the tasks that the other teams completed. That's it. They clocked in at 11 am so they'll start again at 11 pm. Now what is open at 11 at night?

We know Mirna and Charla started the last task at 5:30 so if they finished at 7 pm, they'll start again at 7 am, closer to when businesses will be operating.

It looks like they're still in Egypt, so hopefully they'll be able to take advantage of their huge lead, but it really doesn't look like it. Or CBS is just showing us a clip that will make us think that. :phhht

Actually, from the few times I've been there, and from what my family has done when flying from Cairo, a lot of international flights leave early in the morning [I seem to remember having a 5 am flight once].

So, even though nothing might leave at midnight, they might be able to catch an early am flight that other teams leaving at 7 or 8 might not. [Judging by the advancing daylight, I suspect that Charla and Mirna might have had an hour or two's advantage on the other teams, too, which is why we saw those two teams arguing, but not the others.]

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Is it just me or do Charla & Mirna always get lost?
    Yep heh, that is always true, however, they did find the place and did some smart moves to get ahead.

Well, charla and mirna do bunch up with colin and christie. I pretty sure that is the beginning. Later they will all be bunched up as it showed charla and brandon and some of the other teams.
    Last edited by DarKensoul7; 08-04-2004 at 08:30 AM.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Jay
    Best line : Twins - "We're clueless".
    2nd best line : Twins to Marshall/Lance during the stones and rollers challenge - "Having fun?". Their response - "Your fun hasn't begun yet."

I'm liking Chip more and more. I didn't like it when he bullied the twins during the dispute over a cab when he clearly lost the foot race to the cab. Helping the twins and Brandon during the same leg? Good sportsmanship Chip!

Marshall and Lance calling the Muscovites sullen and miserable? These two aren't charmers themselves.

I wonder if it is against the rules for the other teams to financially help Linda and Karen? I can see Chip giving them some money if asked.

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Your Christian brother needs a little work on his Bible knowledge. The Isrealites crossed the red sea not the Nile to escape the eygptians...

Oh, I not really knocking him, he seems like a real cool guy! It was just so cute when he got all excited about seeing the "Nile" for that reason.
    He didn't say that is where they crossed, he said that is where Moses said "Let my people go." He did say that in Egypt.

My ox is broken. Colin in TAR5

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I don't see how using the fast forward was a dumb move. Sure the fast forward is great for teams that are behind, but as we saw today, they have a low likelihood of getting it since teams ahead will usually want to keep it for themselves. The fact that there are only 2 in the game, means that if you ever let the first one by, you will lose your exclusivity to any fast forward at that point and the next one will be up for grabs. You'll be competing with all the other teams for the next one. If you're hoping you'll get to the second one in a time of need, you most likely won't since chances are teams ahead already got it.
    Do other teams know that a Fast Forward has been found? If not they may still think there is two.....

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by LauraLoo
    He didn't say that is where they crossed, he said that is where Moses said "Let my people go." He did say that in Egypt.
    Robynbird and Lauraloo . O.k, o.k, I already admitted I was wrong. Wrong, wrong, wrong. I suck. What more do you people want from me???
    Last edited by toque; 08-04-2004 at 10:04 AM.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Starpower
    Do other teams know that a Fast Forward has been found? If not they may still think there is two.....
    My question is this.. We know that there are only two fast forwards, but do the contestants know this? Does anyone know for sure?

Wendiness I am positively sure that they aired all of the show Lost. I remember that it finished up in the U.S and one of the teams were way ahead of the others so the finale had absolutely no suspense at all. It was such fest.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    I thought last night's show was great. One of the best locations TAR has been to in all 5 seasons. I loved seeing the lighted pyramids at night. I would love to visit Egypt.

Quote Originally Posted by wendiness
    Re "Lost", I believe that began just before 9/11 and, thus, the series was cancelled. Another poster commented on seeing the finale, but I believe there's some confusion here. It's my understanding the series was scrapped and never aired after 9/11. It was a shame because it was fascinating.
    I remember that show. They did air the finale of the first one (I remember the Statue of Liberty scene), but I thought there was another group that never got aired. Maybe that's what you're thinking of. The show was a bit hard to watch in some places, but it was enjoyable overall.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Jay
    I would love to visit the pyramids and the Hermitage museum.

It didn't look that cold in Moscow. It was a typical Montreal winter day.

+ Reply to Thread