+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 23 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 8/3 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Charla rocks! She has the heart of a lion. I want her to win and I don't care a bit about Mirna coming along for the ride. Speaking of which, I was so ticked off at Chip for helping the twin(kie)s and hurting the Moms. I hope they manage to pull back into the game.

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by touque
    Your Christian brother needs a little work on his Bible knowledge. The Isrealites crossed the red sea not the Nile to escape the eygptians...

Oh, I not really knocking him, he seems like a real cool guy! It was just so cute when he got all excited about seeing the "Nile" for that reason.
    Haha, I didnt catch that flaw of knowledge
    What really cracked me up was Colin and Christie not having any idea was the Prodigal Son was about! I dont blame em that badly though. They thought the Prodigal Son was referring to Jesus when in actuality, it was a story told by Jesus so I can see how they got confused

I'm atheist by the way

FORT Fogey
    Hey, a few of you have mentioned getting to see the show at 7. How come? I didn't see a notice that the show would air for us anytime earlier. So I was wondering how come you guys get it earlier.

Kami and Karli aren't neccessarily dumb persay, but just illogical AND really bad under pressure. Hense the reason I'd never do this show, I'm horrible under pressure too.

Colin and Christie are kicking some serious butt. How Charla and Mirna catch up is beyond me. MUST be one of those bunch ups. I really like CC because they are a smart team. It's almost 3 weeks in a row that they've won. They would've won if it weren't for Christie just stopping eating the caviar last week.

Brandon is a dumb blonde and is a wuss, but maybe his gf will straighten him out. You'd hope so. She thinks he's such a hottie. She's in love, that's for sure. Oh well, as long as SHE'S happy with him.

I'm glad the bowling moms caught up because it made it less predictable that they would "get eliminated"(had it not be NEL). They are an ok team.

Lance and Marshall fit right in with the Russians who are always grouchy and whatnot. Maybe in the summer they're different. And Lance and Marshall ALWAYS look constipated even when it's hot out. I sure wish they'd get eliminated.

You know that wasn't even a detour at all. There ended up being only one option anyway. I REALLY like Chip now. I was kinda hesitant on him before. He helped Brandon out and the twins. Yay for him. They are, as I predicted, a good team who doesn't fight. Now that they've been doing better, I think they'll do just fine and hopefully will finish high. They never argue with each other or fight.

The bowling moms and Lance/Marshall are an elimination waiting to happen. Kami and Karli DO have a chance in doing well.

I thought it was hilarious when Colin didn't know what the prodigal son was! Can you tell he's not religious? At least Christie had more sense than him.

I thought it might be a NEL because I heard there were going to be 4 of them and aren't there usually 12 teams instead of 11? Not sure on that one. But anyway, I figured one had to be coming up soon. And I figured this leg of the race would be perfect. You wait too long and you'll have back to back NEL. Which would be really irritating.
    Last edited by Lil_Cutie; 08-04-2004 at 01:38 AM.

FORT Newbie
    Wonderful episode. This season has been great as I really enjoy the huge leaps they have done from Argentina to Russia and then the jump to Egypt.

Talk about a huge "whew" at the end. The Soccer Moms are my favorite so far, but Chip's attitude in helping Brandon and his joy at being in the Winter Palace and crossing the Nile etc. Charla does the same, but after a while it falls a little flat. Not sure why. It just bears a whiff of calculation to me. Like some kind of telethon montage.

Colin and Christie just sort of bug and I still don't know why. They just seem to bicker a little too much and while they got a huge lead, I think they were a bit premature to use the Fast Forward when they knew they had a nice lead. Yes things can happen, but so soon? Then again, Team Esquire used the Fast Forward the very first time and they won.

Nicole is not a nice person. Last week and this week have only shown how weak she really is. Brandon kisses her snappish butt way too much. The secondary race will be to see who finishes as Flo II first Christie or Nicole. Bet that is one title they don't want to win.

The twins and the brothers are running neck and neck for most disliked. Teh brothers comment about the people of St. Petersburg being the meanest? Wow talk about projecting his own personality on a whole city. The twins when they are running around with their packs on, just seem so ADD or something. Talk about clenched. When I saw them tonight in their close-up interview I flashed to the infamous Chris Kattan as Keri Strug's brother Kip.

I knew about the money being taken but was not aware it would be all of their money or that they would have to start the next leg completely broke. The original wording suggested they might have to turn in the same amount they had been given for that just-run leg. Which meant if they had been frugal, they might have had some money. Not the case though. Not sure I like that as it is a bit too much of a handicap to hand a last place team.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Hey, a few of you have mentioned getting to see the show at 7. How come? I didn't see a notice that the show would air for us anytime earlier. So I was wondering how come you guys get it earlier.
    The notice was for people with WCBS (at least), a channel in New York City. I happen to get this channel on my satellite, so I got the notice, too. I can't wait!!! It's on at six our time (Central), Lil_Cutie.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

Quote Originally Posted by Lil_Cutie
    Check out the thread regarding the episode next week. This week we didn't get it any earlier than anyone else. In fact we got it 3 minutes later.

FORT Newbie
    Your Christian brother needs a little work on his Bible knowledge. The Isrealites crossed the red sea not the Nile to escape the eygptians...
    Actually it was the Nile where Moses told Pharoah to let his people go and when Pharoah wouldn't he put his staff in the water and turned it to blood. I believe that is what Chip was referring to, not the parting of the Red Sea.

This was a good episode, I was so sad for the Mom's though. The brothers annoy me more than anyone else. I don't care for Mirna because she is constantly griping at Charla to go faster when she is obviously going as fast as she can. The staff attorney at my work is embarrassed that Mirna is part of his profession. My favorites are Chip and Kim and then the MOm's and then the Twins.
    Last edited by robynbird; 08-04-2004 at 02:14 AM. Reason: Adding more thoughts
    ~Robyn~

Quote Originally Posted by pineapple
    Wow, looks like Colin&Christie will have a big lead.

I think that their lead would be beneficial in a good way... Let's see...

Hurray for my favorite team!
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen
    I think that their lead would be beneficial in a good way... Let's see...

Hurray for my favorite team!
    Looks like there lead is quickly lost according to next weeks episode. They show them and Charla & Mirna fighting for a taxi with C&M getting the taxi.

Quote Originally Posted by snarkfan
    Colin and Christie just sort of bug and I still don't know why. They just seem to bicker a little too much and while they got a huge lead, I think they were a bit premature to use the Fast Forward when they knew they had a nice lead. Yes things can happen, but so soon? Then again, Team Esquire used the Fast Forward the very first time and they won.
    When they first decided on the FF, I thought, "What the hell are you doing?!?" but then I realized that with only 2 FFs, waiting would mean sacrificing your chance to get ahead by many hours.

Nicole is not a nice person. Last week and this week have only shown how weak she really is. Brandon kisses her snappish butt way too much.
    Brandon kisses her way too much.
    "You're sweet." "You're sweeter." on the train!

I guess I'm the only one who doesn't like Whiny and Tiny/Mirna and Schmirna. They annoy me, and flip between fits of stupidity and genius.

I used to like the brothers, but after this episode, I don't like them at all. Stupid and annoying. Team Double-C (Colin and Christie) don't bother me too much. I actually think the Flo Award has to go to the brothers as a team for whining about everything.

+ Reply to Thread