+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Why did many teams chose the smaller teammate in the caviar challenge?

i also think that with several of the teams (not all of them) the ones who did the chocolate didn't do the caviar challenge.. i know for sure colin did the chocolate and am pretty sure brandon did too, and so it might have been their plan to take turns, who knows lol also, it always seems that they pick who is doing the challenge before they go and see exactly what it is, not sure if that is a rule though

caught by the window MasterOfPuppets's Avatar
    In a van down by the river!!!... watching the Canucks on my 3" TV
    what bugged me was HOW the teams were eating the caviar..

washing it down with Juice or whatever it was?! The sweet juice would only make it more nasty...

they should have done it the russian way and took a shot of vodka after a couple of spoonfuls, which would have completely killed the taste...

Quote Originally Posted by Tigrazhia
    First of all, it was actually 1 kilo of caviar (that translates into 2.2 pounds of caviar....) nasty stuff. I like a LITTLE caviar, on a cracker mindyou, but 2 pounds of it would be a bit much...
    My bad! 1 kilo .. 2 kilo's (who's counting anyway !) Anything more than a teaspoon or two would have grossed me out!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

FORT Fan
    I agree that with all other factors being equal, you'd probably want to select the heavier person. However, you have to take into account people's flexibility regarding eating different types of food. if I were there on a team with my husband, we probably would have decided for me to do it (I weigh about 115 and he weighs maybe 170). There are a lot of foods my husband just won't eat, whereas there are hardly any "normal" foods that I won't eat. Although difficult, I think I could have made my way through that caviar whereas he probably wouldn't have. He would have maybe taken a taste & then said he just couldn't do it & that would have been that. One reason I wouldn't try to go on the show with him, lol.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by tokimeki
    I'd like to ask, what happen or what kind of punishment the team gets if one cannot finish the roadblock and let the other team member to do it again/to finish the roadblock? It seems no teams in the history in amazing race ever do this.

My guess is that they'd be disqualified.

Where are the ATC guys when you need them?

From watching the show, it seemed to me to know that they knew they were eating caviar...but perhaps not how much, or perhaps they didn't visualize how much it would be based merely on the weight.

My question is how much information is actually there on the Roadblock/Detour clue card? Does it describe how the event has to be run, what you can and can't do, etc?

I've noticed this year, more than previous years, the big sheet of instructions on the steering wheel--I imagine that explains penalties for speeding...

Does anyone know for sure?

pg--seattle

FORT Fan
    I thought that too -- It sounded like the question on the card was "Who has the taste for the high life?" but from a couple people's comments, I got the impression they did know they were going to eat caviar. I'm sure they didn't know how much though. Maybe I could re-play the show...

From what I understand when they first open a roadblock they have a little clue sentence liek "taste for the good life" and they have to choose who will do it just based on that. Once the decision is made, they open the rest of the clue and read what exactly they need to do.

So probably the teams READ the amount of caviar they had to eat but were surprised when they SAW it

I think Colin mentionned he would not have been able to do it, so maybe he's very picky about food and though (correctly) that it would have something to do with food

Captain of the World
    I think the ATC's answered this question a while back. I can't remember the answer. Maybe one of them could chime in and give us the 411.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by coksy
    From what I understand when they first open a roadblock they have a little clue sentence liek "taste for the good life" and they have to choose who will do it just based on that. Once the decision is made, they open the rest of the clue and read what exactly they need to do.

So probably the teams READ the amount of caviar they had to eat but were surprised when they SAW it

I think Colin mentionned he would not have been able to do it, so maybe he's very picky about food and though (correctly) that it would have something to do with food
    I replayed some of the show, and I think that's exactly it. They get one brief sentence, have to decide who's going to do it with no changes allowed. Once they decide who's going to do it they find out, (before they even get to the room), more details of what's involved. As Charla was walking up the stairs to the room she said, "I hate caviar."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast