+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Week 4 Ratings: "Race" Stumbles

They could improve the ratings by giving it a better time slot. If they cared.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Actually, realize this: When was the last time TAR was first in its timeslot? TAR4, nope, friends always had the lead-on. TAR3? No, sadly the bachelor kicked the crap outta it. TAR2? Yes, it was the March 20th survivor boosted episode. So its the first time it was first in its timeslot in 858 days. Initially I was mad...now that I take the time to look at the achievement...it's actually quite good.

Actually...there may have been a TAR4 episode that won...however in the first 30 minutes Friends beat it.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 07-28-2004 at 07:04 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    They could improve the ratings by giving it a better time slot. If they cared.
    I agree, hepcat. There are a number of people I work with who no longer watch due to the 10pm ET timeslot. I realize a handful of people don't affect the overall ratings however I'm sure many people feel the same about the time.

Like I predicted, Law & Order, Everybody Loves Raymond, and 2 1/2 Men did poorly, allowing TAR to keep its #2 spot this week (CSI Miami is ahead). CSI is gonna beat it by far. 60 Minutes Sunday and Cold Case are in question though. If they slip TAR might be 3rd in ratings! Which is a 5 place increasement from last week. Also in viewers it would also be 3rd which is a 1 place increasement.

Awww man this kinda sucks! Bring more people in to watch TAR! But I think TAR is already doing a great job this season so far

Don't you think being able to pick the night you watch has an effect on the ratings?
    I haven't watched it yet, (BB live feeds had my attention) but I will tune in tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    Actually, realize this: When was the last time TAR was first in its timeslot? TAR4, nope, friends always had the lead-on. TAR3? No, sadly the bachelor kicked the crap outta it. TAR2? Yes, it was the March 20th survivor boosted episode. So its the first time it was first in its timeslot in 858 days. Initially I was mad...now that I take the time to look at the achievement...it's actually quite good.

Actually...there may have been a TAR4 episode that won...however in the first 30 minutes Friends beat it.
    Actually, yes, Sonic, TAR4 did win it's 60-minute time slot several weeks. I looked back at my archived charts quickly, and I believe it was 6 of the 13 weeks. And, that was after losing the first 5 weeks. So, it finished very strongly versus its start.
    I'd have to look at the finale of TAR4 to be sure, but "Friends" beat the first half hour of TAR4 each of the first 12 weeks. Although, again, the first 5 weeks were blowouts, and then TAR4 was VERY close to Friends the remaining weeks.
    Second half-hour of TAR4 was fairly even with "Scrubs" during the first 5 weeks, but then usually beat it after that.

Also, Sonic, in your later post, your word "increasement" gave me a chuckle. I assume that is a combination of "increase" and "improvement"?

With those silly Democrats gathering in Boston all week-long I guess the numbers are rather less meaningful than the previous "normal" weeks. Even though a lot of the convention hasn't been on network tv, I imagine there is a fair amount of people that have been watching coverage on cable networks and/or listening to all of the news/talk cable programs covering it.

And, eventually we'll have to deal with the silly Republicans too. Forget when and where, is it Philadelphia?

But first, we'll have at least a week (or two, right?) of silly Olympians running and jumping and swimming and such over in Athens, causing interference with our TAR-ness.

Here's to hoping for more increasements!
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

Oops, my bad...

The Republicans (in New York...i live in NY so I hear about the convention coming in on Aug 30 on every news station everyday...gets annoying after awhile) have their deal on Tuesday at 10 PM so I don't know what will happen to TAR that day (Aug 31). If it is moved to 9 PM, that will probably lead to a ratings drop, or if they decide to leave it to a Saturday show then it will be even worse.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    Oops, my bad...

The Republicans (in New York...i live in NY so I hear about the convention coming in on Aug 30 on every news station everyday...gets annoying after awhile) have their deal on Tuesday at 10 PM so I don't know what will happen to TAR that day (Aug 31). If it is moved to 9 PM, that will probably lead to a ratings drop, or if they decide to leave it to a Saturday show then it will be even worse.
    Hope your "oops, my bad" wasn't because of what I said about "increasement". I'm all about the made-up words, just that one struck me funny. You'd probably find 10 or 20 in all of my posts if you looked back through them.

FYI--Wouldn't you know it, I looked "increasement" up in an online dictionary, and it apparently really *IS* a word. Definition = increase. So, really, "my bad" for suggesting you made up a word. See, TAR teaches you the craziest things. And, I think that is just fantabulerific.

I was just in NYC for a few days, so I probably should've at some point caught on to the impending convention there, but didn't get any news of any sort while there. Just got miserably wet while walking around for hours on Friday the 23rd. There's no time to watch the news when you have to spend 45 minutes using the hotel hair dryer to dry your soaking wet shoes so you'll be ready to go the next morning. But all of that rain sure cooled it down for the next few days, which was nice.

edited, for nothing, oops
    Last edited by CantGetEnufTAR; 08-01-2004 at 11:47 PM.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

TAR5, even though it had it's lowest ratings this week, continues to climb in the rankings being 6th in ratings this week (it was 8th in ratings last week...no word on how it did on total viewers yet).

1 CSI: - 8.3
    2 60 Minutes Sunday - 7.6
    3 CBS Movie: The Pilot's Wife - 7.3
    4 CSI: Miami - 7.1
    5 Cold Case - 6.9
    6 Amazing Race: 5 - 6.1

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast