+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 16 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516 LastLast

Thread: 7/27 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Okay, now two nice teams have been eliminated in a row solely on the basis of which flight they got at the beginning of the leg. Obviously, the teams need some airline booking skills, but dumb luck is too much involved. I prefer teams to win or lose based on the challenges.

Now, I don't feel like really pulling for any of the teams left. The foul-mouthed, prejudiced pizza brothers are the worst (IMO) and I don't much care for Colin or the deceitful bible couple. Okay, I like Mirna and Charla for the most part, even if Charla uses her dwarfism to her advantage and even if Mirna is a bit pushy. Many a guy has been pushy on this show and I think some pushiness by one team member is a necessity to win (Chip/Reichen, Flo, etc.). The twins and the moms are nice enough, but I can't see them winning. Nor can I see Mirna and Charla win, so it looks like I am bound to be disappointed.

That was about 2 to maybe 3 thousand dollars per contestant of caviar tonight. I think they're having more food challenges this year to even the plane for those less physical members.

INSIDER VIDEOS! http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing_race5/

The Twins pulled an episode 1! They run right past the Flags lol and actually go INTO the battleship and start exploring inside for the flags/clue

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I'm going to jump in with my opinons on tonight's show.

1. I HATE Colin and the brothers AS MUCH OR MORE as I HATE Jase and Scott on BB5! They are rude. Collin should not go around insulting Charla the way he does. It is rude to call her a midget in a condescending way! If he had a disability, he wouldn't want people judging him based on it or being condescending. Such narrowmindedness makes me sick! And the brothers, they're racist bigots in the worst sense. You'd think Jews would be better given the discrimination their people have faced in the past!

2. I like the way Brandon treated Nicole with the detour. He was really sweet. I don't always like what those two do, but that was nice. On the downside, though, he should have been a man and stepped up to the plate to eat the 2 pounds of caviar in the first place. On a co-ed team, the man should always do the food thing because guys can stomach a lot more than girls -- be it volume or grossness. I'm a female who is all for equal opportunity, but I'd be p*ssed if my man didn't step up on that one.

3. Chip and Kim are so cute. They're really growing on me. So are the moms and the twins. But since nice guys tend to finish last in this game, I can't see any of the 3 winning.

4. Mirna is a loud b*tch. So true! And she does talk down to Charla and demean her at times. Did you guys catch how she'll hold her hand when they're running almost like a mother does her child? And when she says "run Charla run" I just want to scream. SHE'S DOING THE BEST SHE CAN SO SHUT UP HUSSY!

5. Charla does use her height at times to get ahead. But who can blame her? She's at an obvious disadvantage in one area, so who can fault her for using it to get ahead if she can? It's no different than when an attractive woman uses her looks to gain the upper hand. Using your assets is never a crime. I'm sure there are plenty of people out there who use a mild disability to get a handicapped parking pass. It's no different, especially when many people who do could walk the few extra feet.

I have to give props to Charla for taking this on. At times, I do think she has a chip on her shoulder because of the many years of teasing and cruelty she has most likely experienced. That's also why she has trouble trusting the other teams. But I will agree with what Mirna said tonight. She is the strongest woman in this competition. A weaker person would just watch from the sidelines, but that isn't good enough for Charla. She's in the game, and I have to admire that.

That's all for tonight.

My favorite line tonight was when the Moms said, 'Us beating the twins in a food challenge. Imagine that.'
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Ewwww...the road block. I couldn't eat that much caviar. How gross. I do wonder if you could switch eaters prior to starting or if once you decided who was going to do it, you were stuck with the task. for Chip, Charla, the moms and the twins, they plowed through that road block like crazy. But who ever posted earlier how traumatized people looked when done, it must have been awful on the stomach.

I don't get Brandon, if he is of drinking age there is nothing wrong with having a shot of vodka? There are reasons some people would not want to have a shot, but I don't think it's immoral or against most religions to have one. Plus it's no worse then screwing over people you have alliances with.

I was very sorry to see Bob and Joyce go, I really liked them. They are a cute couple.
    I could go east, I could go west, it was all up to me to decide. Just then I saw a young hawk flyin' and my soul began to rise. ~Bob Seger

Quote Originally Posted by nlmcp
    I don't get Brandon, if he is of drinking age there is nothing wrong with having a shot of vodka? There are reasons some people would not want to have a shot, but I don't think it's immoral or against most religions to have one. Plus it's no worse then screwing over people you have alliances with.
    I'm pretty sure that if you're a strict, Texas-style, Southern Baptist you're not supposed to drink. Obviously, Nicole practices a slightly more relaxed version of their religion than he does.

I was raised in a religion where drinking was against the rules, and it sometimes seemed that drinking was considered right up there with murder in terms of sins. It was amazing how people would stick to that rule while totally rationalizing doing things that were unethical but not explicitly named in the 'rulebook.'
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

brown and red and nasty.
    Bikini coffee shop or in the ER dying of toxic shock syndrome
    Judging from paralytic shellshock some of the racers seemed to be experiencing after you would've thought this week's roadblock consisted of getting a couple of fingers chopped off. Is caviar that nasty, or are they being drama queens?

Jay
    I wonder at what point the teams were handed the cold weather gear?

I have never tried caviar so I can't imagine how nasty it might have tasted.

I lost respect for both Colin and Brandon this week, wimping out for their partner to eat. I don't care how bad it tastes--2.2 pounds of anything is just not going to go into a thin woman easily. Colin made me more sick than the caviar would have.

I think that TAR erred by making this a volume eating contest, and not just a yuck eating contest. Everyone looked so green at the end I felt so sorry for them.

+ Reply to Thread