+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: TAR Continues to Score in Ratings

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    The finale hasn't ALWAYS been the highest ranked episode...only for TAR1 and TAR3 this is true.

TAR2's best episode was episode 3, and TAR4's best episode was the premiere.

The best thing CBS can do for TAR is to move Clubhouse to Saturdays at 8 PM, move Judging Amy to 9 PM, and leave TAR at Tuesdays at 10 PM now that CBS knows it does good in that timeslot. However, once Law & Order: SVU starts original episodes...TAR will be crushed And the first new episode of TAR against a new L&O:SVU is the TAR finale on the 21st.

Then again, L&O:SVU averages an 8.5 rating for new episodes. If TAR continues on this incline (.5 rating increase per 2 episodes)...by the finale there should be a 9.4 rating for TAR (imagine that!)...so maybe it does have a chance.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 07-21-2004 at 06:04 PM.

According to this article:

http://www.variety.com/article/VR111...goryid=14&cs=1

The episode is now estimated at 11.11 million viewers. And its 18-49 adult rating was the best since an October 2002 episode of Judging Amy...maybe it has chance of taking its timeslot.
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 07-21-2004 at 11:17 PM.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    NO WAY! First of all thanks for all those facts. I would never believe this episode got 11.11 MILLION VIEWERS. That is incredible, that's the forth highest episode and highest without lead in of Survivor. If that happened on a third episode and went up that much, that is truly a very amazing outing. I can't believe these ratings! Truly amazing!

Final Nielsen Ratings for TAR Episode 3:

At 10:00PM, THE AMAZING RACE 5 posted a 6.9/12 in households, with 11.11m viewers, 3.8/12 in adults 18-34, 4.6/13 in adults 18-49 and 5.0/13 in adults 25-54. THE AMAZING RACE 5 was first in viewers, adults 18-34, adults 18-49 and adults 25-54.

CBS has also mentioned that this episode of TAR is the highest-rated TAR episode since the finale of TAR3.

In ratings it has beat the TAR3 finale in ratings, the underlying demographics, and now we know even viewers! The last episode to top this was the TAR2 finale in viewers, and TAR2 episode 3 in ratings and underlying demographics.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    CBS has also mentioned that this episode of TAR is the highest-rated TAR episode since the finale of TAR3.
    Well if CBS said this than wouldnt you assume they were right when they said 10.9 million or is the 11.11 million more accurate? I had a question, times the rating by 1 550 000 to get an approximate number but what do I multiply since the denominator is always different

Hmmm...CantGetEnufTAR...when ya gonna update the charts for Episode 2 & 3?

Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    NO WAY! First of all thanks for all those facts. I would never believe this episode got 11.11 MILLION VIEWERS. That is incredible, that's the forth highest episode and highest without lead in of Survivor. If that happened on a third episode and went up that much, that is truly a very amazing outing. I can't believe these ratings! Truly amazing!
    While I am very happy with these ratings... I think it's funny that the last Bachelor season consistently got well over 12million viewers per episode and it was considered a *failure* season.

I'm glad that TAR is finally catching on (including with myself... I never really got into the other seasons, but am really enjoying catching this one.)

FORT Fan
    I think that the reason why ABC's recent "Bachelor" season (with NY Giants back-up QB Jesse Palmer) was considered a failure is because those viewership numbers are lower than the previous seasons. Not being a fan of the series, I don't know the previous seasons' viewership numbers, but I do know that this past season was lower than the one before it.

This is off the subject of TAR, but I did read where ABC is concerned that the male bachelors are 0-5 when it comes to ending up with the person they chose (even the supposedly pious Bachelor Bob). Reportedly, they have a cast a "wealthy, older gentleman" for this fall's "Bachelor".

Back on topic...

If TAR5 episode 3 did draw in 11.1 million viewers, that is an increase of 800,000 since episode 1, just 2 weeks ago. Perhaps CBS should seriously consider keeping TAR off Saturdays this fall. This is what I would personally do if I were a CBS programmer...

Option 1: Move "Clubhouse" to a new night (Saturdays?) and have TAR6 air in its 9 p.m. slot instead. That way, TAR6 will be "book-ended" by popular series "Navy NCIS" and "Judging Amy".

Option 2: Move "Clubhouse" to a new night (Saturdays?) and move "60 Minutes - Wednesday" to Tuesdays at 9 p.m. TAR6 would then air Wednesdays at 8 p.m., leading into "King of Queens". The 8 p.m. hour is totally different than it was when TAR aired there before. Both NBC and ABC are airing new and untested dramas and Fox has the aging and past-its-prime "That 70's Show". The biggest threats would likely be WB's "Smallville" (which has actually lost viewers since moving from Tuesdays) and UPN's "America's Next Top Model III". Since Fox was nice enough to move the "American Idol 4" results half-hour show to 9 p.m., TAR wouldn't have to face that reality juggernaut either.

CBS, if you read these boards, consider this free, unsolicited advice.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast