+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Take the Cab for Cryin' out Loud!!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    No I remember them mentioning that they cant carry off money from one round to another. Remember last year the 1 dollar leg? That's the point that each leg can only be done in a certain budget.

FORT Fogey
    Alright then, I stand corrected

Well I think money is one aspect of the game and one of the things they have to watch out for. Though I'm sure if they hadnt spent any money everyone should have taken the cab because there was no other place to use money. Maybe they didnt know how much longer it would take

BTW GO loonie!

I thought this was one of the changes between last year and this year. I'll put it in spoiler tags just in case someone doesn't want to be spoiled.
    Click to see Spoiler:
    They are hoarding $$ because if they come in last in a non-elimination round, they don't get any cash for the next round.
    So later on in the game they might regret taking a taxi.

But not if it gets them eliminated!

I think they could have pulled it off if they hadn't caught some local, stops everywhere bus. It looked like they still had an envelope full of cash. They should have gotten off the bus when they realized it was slow and taken a taxi from there.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Wow, so you can carry your money to another round? I guess thats how they can have money on those NELs. That explains it, but are you sure?

FORT Fogey
    Thank you hepcat... I knew there was a reason I thought they kept the money from round to round

I just remembered there's a $1 round, too, and that's been a part of the game all along. So there's incentive to save money if possible.

Usually more than one team goes the cheapo route, it seems like - actually, that happened here, but A & D managed to put themselves on the slowest bus possible.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I thought it was Ali who said whats-his-name wanted to conserve money, not her?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    I thought it was Ali who said whats-his-name wanted to conserve money, not her?
    Yup- but I didn't like that team... they deserved it
    Yea... in TAR 2-4 I think you could have taken $$ to the next round of the race. In the $1 round in TAR2, Paige was counting their money and said they had $187.

In TAR3, Ken+Gerard had $300 [or something well saved] in their wallets and gave it to the cabbie.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I just remembered there's a $1 round, too, and that's been a part of the game all along. So there's incentive to save money if possible.
    Lol I mentioned this earlier in this post! Because I remembered from season 4, but they werent allowed to use money from the previous rounds

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast