+ Reply to Thread
Page 19 of 23 FirstFirst ... 91011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

Originally posted by Flash-57:
    Well, it's not as if the producers didn't stack the deck this time. Of the eleven teams, only one has two males, but three teams have all females. So, it is very likely that a female will be on the winning team.
    Yes, they really have stacked the deck this time. There are no super-buff alpha males this time around to win the race. Instead, the only all-male team is two fat guys, the most consistent racing teams are an old couple, a mental midget, and bowlling moms, and for the first time in Amazing Race history EVER (that's right, ever) there are more females than males.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    Pretty exciting episode. I always say there's just not enough doggie sex on TV these days. (OK, no I don't.)

Am I the only one who thinks the twins look like Reese Witherspoon?

And Donny & Ali are gone! Whoo Hoo! Ding dong, the witch is dead!

That's funny because I mentioned that the twins look pretty ugly. I mean they don't look that bad but their face isn't the best. I assumed that if it was twins and female, they would be some sort of supermodels but Reese Witherspoon is way better looking...

Originally posted by baskiddball:
    I assumed that if it was twins and female, they would be some sort of supermodels but Reese Witherspoon is way better looking...

Quote Originally Posted by makerc
    Don't quote me on it but I think emergencia might actually be a proper Spanish word.
    I noticed that while watchin as well. Pronounced emerhencia its correct. but they just pronounced it eemerjenceea. Which bugged. Throughout the whole episode I noticed they seem to think that by adding -ia or -o that the natives will understand them. I also though it was funny that she was speaking italian when talking to the tango dancers. Like bravo and stuff...*sheesh*
    "A man usually falls in love with a woman, but not always so be careful."

"It is better to deserve without receiving, than to get hit in the head with a baseball bat."

"Let your heart soar as high as it will go --- but when you're done you better put it back in real quick or you'll die. Can't live without a heart, man, wise up."

"Nothing endures but change --- especially dimes and pennies, they endure like mad men."

"The key to success is in my pocket. Go ahead, try and take it."

Lol, well I had high hopes but obviously they didn't listen. I'm serious, I was like yesterday, when they smile or something or their face, it looks sort of like a man. Not a man but like a masculine type of female. I don't know, maybe I had high hopes because they are twins so I'm being a lil too harsh.

Quote Originally Posted by rc4life
    I noticed that while watchin as well. Pronounced emerhencia its correct. but they just pronounced it eemerjenceea. Which bugged. Throughout the whole episode I noticed they seem to think that by adding -ia or -o that the natives will understand them. I also though it was funny that she was speaking italian when talking to the tango dancers. Like bravo and stuff...*sheesh*
    dont forget bolicimo! I like them though, they are kind of my comic relief and I hope they win!!! lol

I have said this so many times but I can't wait to see them in Russia and how they speak Russian. I hope its just as bad as they speak Spanish!

Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    dont forget bolicimo! I like them though, they are kind of my comic relief and I hope they win!!! lol

I have said this so many times but I can't wait to see them in Russia and how they speak Russian. I hope its just as bad as they speak Spanish!
    Did you notice that their bio (posted on the Charla & Mirna thread right under their pictures in the beginning of the thread) states that they speak Spanish? I found that very interesting!

Although their Spanish is terrible, I do find Charla & Mirna to be very entertaining and they definitely provide comic relief!

FORT Regular
    1. Brandon & Nicole: Last week I was expecting him to tell her she needed to listen to him because he's the man. I don't know why. This week I just didn't care.

2. Charla & Mirna: I'm split on this team. I love Charla but I hate Mirna. Yes, Charla is beating the dead horse with the comments on what she can do... but she's funny. She honestly looked like she was having a blast getting lost in the suds on the dance floor. I thought she was going to be found the next morning after they cleaned the club up. One thing I like about both of them is that they are having fun and enjoying themselves.

3. Jim & Marsha: I like these two. I think he kicks ass and she's growing on me.

4. Linda & Karen: Again... here's a team that is having fun and laughing. We never heard them tell Jim & Marsha about the currency thing. I personally don't think it was malicious.

5. Bob & Joyce: I like these two as well. They work well together.

6. Colin & Christie: Don't care one way or the other, although in the first episode he was an ass. His hair annoys me. Most guys his age who wear their hair brushed forward like that are hiding a huge receding hairline. Embrace it Colin... shave your head!

7. Marshall & Lance: I had high hopes that they would be the Ken & Gerard of this season. I was sadly disappointed that they turned out to be the Ugly Americans of the Race. They must be the next to go.

8. Chip & Kim: I love these two and how they are with each other. I definitely understand why the twins were pissed, though. Twin A saw the cab first and started running towards it. Chip followed and got in the car afterwards. That's poor sportsmanship. Despite that I still like them.

9. Kami & Karli: I would be perfectly happy if at the next Pit Stop it was a tie between these two and the pizza brothers and both teams were eliminated in one shot. They must go.

10. Alison & Donny: I never saw Big Brother, but I can see why people hate her. I'm glad she and Dummy got bumped. They were working my last nerve.

I'm very impressed that the first two teams to go were physically fit while other teams one would discount immediately due to age or size are doing well. I love that.

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    Maybe I need to rewatch it, but it seemed to me that Alli and Donnie got on a bus before Chip & Kim, and the twins.

Someone correct me on that one if I am wrong. It sure made it seem that Alli and Donnie were going to finish ahead of the other two teams. Did I blink and miss something?
    You are absolutely correct Ali/Donny bus stopped every 5 minutes or so, the twins and C/k took the same bus which was an express.

If you watch again- at the beginning when the twins and Chip and Kim left the pit stop, Chip tells the girls to follow them, they do, and get lost, when Chip mentions to Kim that he lost them she says "well, good"
    Carey

Quote Originally Posted by haejin
    Argh, am I the only one who hoped that some other team would be eliminated (instead of Alison/Donny)?

So far, I don't like any of the teams other than the Pizza Brothers and Jim/Marsha.
    I couldn't be more delighted that Alison is gone. I can now stop clicking the remote when she is on and go back to watching the entire show.

+ Reply to Thread