+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 23 FirstFirst ... 567891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: 7/13 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

THIS SHOW RULES!!!!! WHEW!!!!!!!

My 2 favourite teams finished 2nd and 3rd!

Best parts of the show were Mirna/Charla talking about having to possibly stick their hands up the cows ASS lol

&

Mirna hugging Phil at the end LOL

I LOVE IT!!!!!!!

First, it was Dennis. Now, it's Donny. Why are the good-looking men falling one by one? I don't have that much fondness for either Colin or Brandon (yet).
    Last edited by dragonman64; 07-14-2004 at 02:19 AM.
    Halfway around the world, I greet you "Mabuhay!"

I'm so happy! I won't have Alison polluting my TV screen (and my favorite show) any longer!

CBS foisted Alison & Donny on TAR as a ratings ploy and I, for one, am glad they didn't get more than 2 shows out of them. Hopefully, the lesson has been learned and we won't see any more recycled "reality stars" in the future.

I didn't like the idea of recycled reality stars but they were a fun couple for the show because they added tension...they weren't boring!

Good show tonight. I was surprised a bit by the results. I really didn't think Charla and Mirna would do so well. I was also surprised at Alison and Donny losing. I think the whole ending lineup tonight was a surprise. Can't wait for next week!

Everybody seems to be buying into the idea that the Moms purposely misled the father/daughter team. Do we know that's what really happened? The Moms are a bit obsesssed with money-changing issues. According to the insider videos at CBS, they lost around $30 in the first leg when they tried to change their money at some cafe and didn't count their change well.

Isn't it possible that the Moms said something they thought was true and then found out later that people would take U.S. dollars but didn't think to update the other team?

It's not that I think the Moms wouldn't be sneaky, but why would they target that team to sabotage? It doesn't make sense. I think the daddy/daughter team just made a dumb mistake by taking someone else's work instead of doing their homework and wanted to be mad at someone.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Episode 2 insider videos are up

lots more stuff there the show didn't show!

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    Mirna kind of brushed Nicole off. If she wants teams to be nicer, maybe she should try.
    I thought the same thing, but then I watched the first few arrivals again, and I think that what happened was: Nicole gave Mirna a couple of high-fives and was heading for a hug, but Brandon moved in behind Nicole and gave Mirna another set of high-fives (with Nicole sandwiched between them), and Mirna didn't even realize that the hug had almost happened.

I could be wrong, but that was what it looked like when I watched it more carefully. .
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Put the pieces together Quack-Wabbit's Avatar
    1. Brandon & Nicole: Going into this episode, I really disliked them. But thankfully, they kept the preaching to a bare minimum, exhibited good judgment and racing skills, and were supportive of one another. Overall, a well deserved first placed finish. My ranking is neutral.

2. Charla & Mirna: These two keep me laughing. From their attempts to get directions from a Montevidean hooker, to their butchered attempt at Spanish, to Mirna's impromptu tango in the theatre, and Charla's possible scenario, "What if you have to put your hand up a cow's ass?" Probably one of my top three teams, and they showed good racing skill this episode, too. I'm giving them a ranking of favourable.

3. Jim & Marsha: Man, that Jim is one tough cookie. We haven't heard him once complain about his bum leg. A strong finish for a team I thought would be going home this leg, and I still believe will be leaving next episode. Still, aside from the currency exchange, they didn't make any stupid moves this episode, so my ranking is neutral.

4. Linda & Karen: A lot of unexpected top five finishers this episode. These two have consistently raced well, and placed high. They took the proper course of action when they realised "perro" wasn't going their way, and, overall, continue to play well while not bickering and having fun with one another. Ranking: favourable.

5. Bob & Joyce: These two are very supportive of one another, though I have to wonder if Joyce is going to make Bob do every Roadblock from here on out. They've raced well, too, despite accidentally slipping into last when they arrived at the wrong cemetery. They've fairly breezed through every challenge so far, and exhibit great teamwork. My ranking is favourable.

6. Colin & Christie: Uh... not much here. I've noticed that Colin doesn't ever react to anything. I think he may be a robot. Neutral.

7. Marshall & Lance: What horrible travellers. Sorry, but the locals aren't there to serve you. And if they're not complaining about the natives, they're whining about the locale or trashtalking the other teams. I really don't want to see any more of these two dweebs. I give them a ranking of unfavourable.

8. Chip & Kim: First off, Kim looks spectacular considering her age. And secondly, Chip is definitely a true gentleman. Things just can't seem to go right for them, though. Occasionally, the good shines through, but they've been stuck at the back of the pack for most of the race. I expect good things from them, though. I'll give them a favourable.

9. Kami & Karli: They should have quit "perro", taken a cab, not missed the clues in episode one... this team has been fairly clueless for about the whole race. They bicker often, and whine about other teams. These two are going to keep finishing at the back of the pack if they continue to play the way they are. My ranking is unfavourable.

10. Alison & Donny: The less said, the better. All I'll say is that I've never seen one team exhibit such great gameplay one episode, and such horrible gameplay the next. Good riddance.

Charla cracks me up so much. I found it quite funny when was trying to get directions from a hooker and when she was running through the foam at the club. I'm impressed by her and Mirna as I did not expect them to fare this well in the race.

Alison freaking out about her dogs having sex is probably one of the funniest things I've seen on TV in a while. She looked furious. I'm disappointed that she's gone because she always makes me laugh when she's angry.

+ Reply to Thread