+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: The Amazing Race called an albatross in recent article

eny
    FORT Fogey
    One thing folks. It's a Canadian Article written for Canadians about an American TV show. Perceptions are different. It's like a whole other country up here eh...

Ok I'm confused is this from Canada's The Globe and Mail or from The Boston Globe. The email addresses have ca at the end of them for Canada so it must be The Globe and Mail, methinks.

Quote Originally Posted by Lotuslander
    Ok I'm confused is this from Canada's The Globe and Mail or from The Boston Globe. The email addresses have ca at the end of them for Canada so it must be The Globe and Mail, methinks.

Oops, I read it too fast. I thought it was written for the Boaston Globe. Either way, I still stick by what I said about the Boston Globe.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

The Globe and Mail is a good newspaper, but it hates t.v period so I'm not surprised. The Amazing Race is in a league of it's own, it's not a who Wants to Fear My Dad being a Bachelor type show.

FORT Fogey
    Well, that guy is a complete moron. Oh well, there's plenty of morons who are journalists out there.

FORT Newbie
    The guy obviously doesn't know good tv when he sees it. TAR is the BEST show on tv. The reason I love it because ANYONE can win and it is suspensful until the very end....the show is much better now that Ali/Donny is gone!

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Ok this article does not realize that in it's first week the albotross big brother and TAR led the rankings of all shows and post more than 10 million for TAR and almost 10 for BB. Now usually an albatross show does a lot worse than that. Why compare it to Survivor? I like survivor, and yes the ratings are higher but I think the ratings for both shows are very high...

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by eny
    One thing folks. It's a Canadian Article written for Canadians about an American TV show. Perceptions are different. It's like a whole other country up here eh...
    http://www.torontofreepress.com/2004/weinreb063004.htm

This is the same country that 40% of Canadian touths feel is "evil."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12