+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Which team will use the "yield" first?

LG.
    depending upon the placement of the Yield in the race course, the bowling moms really could have benefited from yielding the twins as they were neck and neck for most of the last episode, and now the bowling moms need to try to race with no money.

I HATE the no money "twist" by the way, as it will force them to beg from people in poor countries, which is always in bad taste for Americans abroad. Make 'em eat 10 PB&J sandwiches, Phil, but don't force people to be the Ugly Americans.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I was also wondering,since there are only 2 Fast Forwards thruout the whole race, why didn't the other teams consdier using their Fast Forward in this leg..unless maybe they knew Colin and Christie had gone for it? Apparently, they all straight away said "head for the (desert area)" without even considering the FF at all. This means there is only one more FF for any team to try. I thought if I were them, i would have gone for it if possible..Just my thoughts anyway..

In the past at times multiple teams have gone for the same fast forward. Maybe this time around Since Colin & Christie arrived so early and took the fast forward the producers took the FF out of the rest of the clue's???? Just a thought ....
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

<Insert Title Here> Defiant_Deviant's Avatar
    No, the producers left the fast forward in the clue since you can see Chip holding the green Fast Forward information as they're reading the clue.

I think it's because, all the teams were aware that Colin/Christie were most likely the first to arrive there and since there is only two in the entire race, it just seems obvious that if you're in first place, take the damn Fast Forward since there's only one other left the entire race. Also, since they all believed Mirna/Charla had somehow found a faster flight, if Colin/Christie, didn't take it, then those two would have.

As to why Charla/Mirna didn't go for it, I have to guess, they thought Colin/Christie must have beaten them to it too. Maybe counted the envelops left in the box?

Originally posted by Defiant_Deviant:
    As to why Charla/Mirna didn't go for it, I have to guess, they thought Colin/Christie must have beaten them to it too. Maybe counted the envelops left in the box?
    I've read on Reality News Online that the only psychologically smart (is that possible?) reasons to use the fast forward would be if would save a team from elimination or if it would give the team a huge time advantage over all other teams. I really agree with this. This being said, Charla and Mirna had 50 minutes over 5 other teams, so elimination was not in the question unless they really screwed up (not likely for this surprisingly strong team). The other reason was applied either, since the fast forward wouldn't give them as big of an advantage over Colin and Christie as they would probably like. So it's not surprising that they didn't go for it.

Anyway, as for the yield situation, I'm really not sure who would use it first, but something's telling me that Brandon and Nicole have the biggest chance of it being used on them. They angered Chip and Kim last leg, Charla and Mirna three legs before, Lance and Marshall in the same episode, and, to a little extent, Colin and Christie for ditching them and the other teams at the airport on episode 4. Unfortunately for this team, all four of these teams remain in the race. The odds are on them for the yeild being used on them first.
    Who I'm rooting for: Amazing Race's Colin and Christie, CHarla and Mirna, Bob and Joyce, Jim and Marsha, and Kami and Karli! Joe Schmo's Cammy, Ingrid, Tim, Bryce, and Rita!!!

daflyinelk, in any of the previous seasons, where there was a Fast Forward offered in all the legs (except I think the last two), I would whole-heartedly agree with you. However, this season, I believe all the contestants were told that only two legs would have a Fast Forward, prior to the beginning of the race. Considering how quickly Colin/Christie went for the Fast Forward, if there had been a Fast Forward offered every leg, Colin/Christie, smart enough to realise eventually the rest of the teams would catch up to them in the next leg or the one after, would have opted to just save the Fast Forward for future use when they were actually in trouble.

For this race, however, I feel there's a new reason to go for the Fast Forward. There are only two FFs, so if you know you can take it (ex: you're in first place), take it because why would you not knowing there will only be one FF left with six/five/four other teams left also vying for it? You won't be assured that you can get the only FF left in the race. Just go for it and breath easy for the rest of the leg. This is why I am really unhappy with the decision to only have two FFs. It ensures that the first place team will go straight for the FFs. This reasoning is why I think the last five teams didn't even go for the FF. They know too, that either Colin/Christie or Charla/Mirna would have taken it by now.

As for Charla/Mirna, I don't doubt that if they knew Colin/Christie had fallen behind them, they would have gone straight for the FF regardless of time advantage and saviour from elimination. What I mean is that, if they had the same information as Lance/Marshall, they would have known that Colin/Christie were suppose to arrive at Egypt at the same time as them (not being aware of the excellent airport strategy Colin/Christie utilised in Paris). So it was quite possible for Charla/Mirna to get to the Tower of Cairo faster.

YIELD - Did anyone notice that when Charla/Mirna arrived at the roadblock, that the roadblock clue box, had numbers 1 to 7 on orange post-it notes, just like the Yield, except the giant orange triangle was nowhere to be seen? I'm going to rewatch the other teams arrive at the roadblock and see if I can spot the giant orange triangle Yield.
    Last edited by Defiant_Deviant; 08-07-2004 at 03:15 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Defiant_Deviant
    Did anyone notice that when Charla/Mirna arrived at the roadblock, that the roadblock clue box, had numbers 1 to 7 on orange post-it notes, just like the Yield, except the giant orange triangle was nowhere to be seen? I'm going to rewatch the other teams arrive at the roadblock and see if I can spot the giant orange triangle Yield.
    I'll rewatch the episode tomorrow, but from your description, it sounds like it may have been a marker to indicate the order in which the teams would be allowed to do the Roadblock. (Kinda like taking a number at a deli counter.)

We've seen similiar things in past seasons, when only a team or two were allowed to do a particular task at a time. As there was only one ladder (or two?) going down the shaft, they needed these markers to, in effect, form a line & maintain the teams' order (rather than have them scrambling all over one another).

Yeah, I think you may be right. It's hard to tell if Lance had to wait for Chip and Brandon to finish the roadblock, or could go ahead regardless of where Chip and Brandon were.

FORT Fogey
    A better title for this thread would have been "Will the Yield Ever Be Used?"

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Thonolan
    A better title for this thread would have been "Will the Yield Ever Be Used?"
    LOL~~ as I guess the next episode is another NEL (there are 4 altogether), teams will use when there is an elimination leg. Who is the first victim? It would be interesting

+ Reply to Thread