+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 10 FirstFirst 12345678910 LastLast

Thread: Which team will use the "yield" first?

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I was wondering, can you just use the yield once in a race? because I think that most people are saving it to the end and theres gonna be tons of people going after the yield in one race. Like lets say twins yield Chip and kim, they can go ahead and yield the twins back...

About the random times... It would be funny if some was like an hour and others like 2 minutes

Leo
    Premium Member
    Yes, the rule says a team can only use the yield once for the whole race, like the fast forward.

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    What would be the use of the yield if you have to look for it? Granted, we have very little info about the yield, but it looks like the team using the Yield picks it at where the team to be Yielded will have to wait. If it's out of the way, it would be useless.
    That's true, after I reread it, it sounded kind of stupid lol. I would think they would just show where the location is, I'd be curious. However, I think with tentions rising between the Twins and Chip and Kim, they might use it on one or the other next race

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    Yes, the rule says a team can only use the yield once for the whole race, like the fast forward.
    But I meant not use it multiple times during the race but instead like 2 times using their yields in the same race but their only time...

Originally posted by baskiddball:
    I was wondering, can you just use the yield once in a race? because I think that most people are saving it to the end and theres gonna be tons of people going after the yield in one race. Like lets say twins yield Chip and kim, they can go ahead and yield the twins back...

About the random times... It would be funny if some was like an hour and others like 2 minutes
    Yes, teams can only use teh yield once in the race. However, a team CAN BE yielded as many times as the other teams want to yield them.

If you ask me, I think the yield is going to be used for the wrong reasons, like emotional situations rather than strategy, you know? Like the twins are pissed at Chip and Kim and use it against them, when they should be saving it for later.

Yeah, the random times throw me for a loop too. Apparently, the highest waiting time is 1 hour, but the shortest can be anywhere between 60 minutes to 60 seconds

Overall, I don't like the yield. It is unfair since a good racing team can get eliminated due to it, there isn't too many distinct boundaries tyo the rules concerning it (like a fast forward had many simple rules...one every leg, one time a team can use it during the entire race).

Ohhhh ok, that clears it all up. I don't know, I think it's an entertaining new addition to the race but would feel bad if it would happen to a team a like. But if everyone wanted to use it on Marshall and Lance, I'd say all the best! And when there are 4 teams left, wow! ITS gonna be raced after almost as much as the FF

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by daflyinelk
    Overall, I don't like the yield. It is unfair since a good racing team can get eliminated due to it...

I'm guessing that the only way a good team will get wiped out by the Yield, is if they are having a bad day and are already near the bottom of the pack when it is used on them. I seriously doubt that the yield time will be long enough eliminate anyone near the front.

If the Yields are placed (and used) properly, they could become a great component of the game.

how will a team know that they are yielded??
    and I am guessing the yield has to be placed in a place that the teams have to pass a.k.a near a route marker

I dont remember where it was in Leg #1, but I do remember them saying that if you wanted to yield a competitor all you had to do was put the picture of the team you want to yield in a frame (8x10 or 10x13 im assuming) at the yield site and that showed that that team had to stop and flip the hour glass and wait the specified time.

Im still not sure what I think of the yield........ guess I will wait and see it in action before I decide.

but if you wanted to use a yield....would you want to yield a team in front of you...that means they already would have passed the picture

+ Reply to Thread