+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Fast Forward (spoilers perhaps?)

FORT Fan

Fast Forward (spoilers perhaps?)

Was looking on the TAR5 website and the info on it... look at this:

Two pre-determined legs have one FAST FORWARD, which allows the Team that completes the FAST FORWARD task first to proceed directly to the next PIT STOP without having to do any further tasks, including DETOURs or ROADBLOCKs, on the way. The trick is that only the first Team to find and complete the FAST FORWARD on the leg may use it; any subsequent Team that finds it will have wasted their time and must go back and complete all tasks. In addition, a Team may claim only one FAST FORWARD during the entire race.

(found at http://www.cbs.com/primetime/amazing...glossary.shtml)

Only two FF's in the entire race... should make competition for it really interesting.

hmm. Without having FF on each leg of the race may not be too exciting People in the back won't be able to catch up easily. I think the Yield maybe isn't such a great idea taking away the FF tradition but we'll see

I just noticed this on the TAR website as well. What the....???? At least do more than just 2 FF's!! 5 is a better number IMO.
    "You don't own a TV?!? What's all your furniture pointed at?" Joey Tribianni

It's not who you are underneath, but what you do that defines you.

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    hmm. Without having FF on each leg of the race may not be too exciting People in the back won't be able to catch up easily. I think the Yield maybe isn't such a great idea taking away the FF tradition but we'll see

The FF was one of my favorite things in the game. It gave a chance for those in the back to catch up and made the race more interesting.

FORT Newbie
    i'm not sure what the stats are like on this, but i didn't think that the FFs were used that much. it costs money for the production team to set up FFs for every single leg of the race, when very, very few of them are actually used. the Yield makes for interesting inter-team relationships, especially if you were 2 mins behind a team and found that you were delayed even further because of the team ahead decides to use the Yield to put more distance between you and them.

man, this sucks.. and now we can't hear phil say ".. most advantageous to go for it." haha.. and I'm confused about the yield. If there's only one post where the yield is at, that would mean you can only yield people behind you, right? So that would mean it really isn't for catching up.. and that kinda spoils all the excitement. And wouldn't you think they'd use something more high-tech than an hourglass? What if it's windy and the thing falls over? I'm confused..

FORT Fan
    It would seem that some people would not find the yeild marker. At least that is my opinion after watchine the premier. I would assume that the paths will force EVERY team to pass the yeild marker on every leg. If a team fast forwards then they may not go past the yeild. But in the case of a FF they may not need to.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    But what good did they really do? Often they helped a team catch up, but in reality, that team's lead was blown by the next leg. I think it'll make it more exciting, and possibly less predictable.

Quote Originally Posted by karalott
    But what good did they really do? Often they helped a team catch up, but in reality, that team's lead was blown by the next leg. I think it'll make it more exciting, and possibly less predictable.
    It usually doesn't matter where you finish in each leg EXCEPT that you don't want to finish last. Teams using the Fast Forward usually didn't gain an advantage because of bunching in the next episode, but they typically DID avoid elimination.

+ Reply to Thread