+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345

Thread: People new to this show

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Yeah, the first season was indeed amazing. But I think I'd give the nod for "best ending" to Season 2. That was the closest, most dramatic finish of any of the races. I was literally screaming at my TV set. (Of course, I was also screaming at the finish of TAR3 -- but for entirely different reasons. )
    Yeah season 2's ending was better in terms of racing and competition. I was almost screaming at my TV on that one. But I thought season 1 had a more emotional ending and I am not completely sure why I think so.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

I had never watched any seasons of TAR before, but some friends had suggested it to my husband and me since we both like to travel. My friend's boyfriend programmed a Season Pass into my TiVo to ensure that I watch this season of TAR. I watched the first episode and I am totally hooked! Now I have to get my husband watching...

FORT Newbie
    This is my first season watching TAR. I love the fast paced action! I've recorded Survivor and Big Brother in the past. I have a REPLAYTV not a T*!O. It sounds like one of the few that like Alison from BB. Sure she's annoying but you have to respect her for her smarts & competitveness. I don't understand why she's dating that dude though. What a doofus. I think TAR did the right move in bringing her over to increase ratings. I do have a question for the veterans. Do the teams leave a "pit stop" in the order of finish from the last leg of the race? How far apart?
    Last edited by HawksRCool; 07-11-2004 at 02:02 AM.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by HawksRCool
    This is my first season watching TAR. I love the fast paced action! I've recorded Survivor and Big Brother in the past. I have a REPLAYTV not a T*!O. It sounds like one of the few that like Alison from BB. Sure she's annoying but you have to respect her for her smarts & competitveness. I don't understand why she's dating that dude though. What a doofus. I think TAR did the right move in bringing her over to increase ratings. I do have a question for the veterans. Do the teams leave a "pit stop" in the order of finish from the last leg of the race? How far apart?
    Teams leave the pit stop 12 hours after they arrive, though the time can be shorter if there were any production difficulties, and could be longer if the team was given any penalties. They leave in the same order they arrive, no twists to it.

I had heard of this show, but really had no idea what the concept was. Lucky for me the planets must have been lined up just right, cuz as I was flipping through the channels I manage to catch the very begining as they're running down the pier.

How fun is this show??!! This is like the greatest scavenger hunt ever!!!! I would love to participate but I think the stress would kill me...by the end of the episode I was totally wore out, just from watching!!!

Yep, they hooked me!!!

BTW---Loved the older couple and the bowling moms!!!
    "Life is a banquet, and most poor suckers are starving to death"

Quote Originally Posted by HawksRCool
    I do have a question for the veterans. Do the teams leave a "pit stop" in the order of finish from the last leg of the race? How far apart?
    To add to what SonicAD said, about the Pit Stop being 12 hours long, not including time penalties.

It is exactly 12 hours. If Team A gets in at 2:03 pm, they will leave at 2:03 am. No one will wake them and if they oversleep, too bad. The first team is usually shown standing on the mat, envelope in hand, waiting to be told it is time to open it. Sometimes you may think that teams arrived close together, but they are really quite far apart, and sometimes it is just the opposite.

The time will be shown on the screen, which is sometimes the only time during a whole episode that it is shown. This past episode was an exception as the time was shown for Team Dad/Daughter as they were racing for the plane after getting his knee stitched.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Quote Originally Posted by veejer
    It is exactly 12 hours. If Team A gets in at 2:03 pm, they will leave at 2:03 am. No one will wake them and if they oversleep, too bad. The first team is usually shown standing on the mat, envelope in hand, waiting to be told it is time to open it. Sometimes you may think that teams arrived close together, but they are really quite far apart, and sometimes it is just the opposite.
    And, to add to what veejer said:

Because the teams leave 12 hours after their arrival, leads can vanish almost instantaneously. When Team A leaves at 2:03 am, they may find that they have to go to a site which doesn't open until, say, 8:00 am or head to an airport which is a ghost town in the middle of the night.

So, even if the first & last place teams depart quite far apart, it may not have any real effect on the leg they are about to run.

Thank you for explaining this. I'm new and was wondering if they all just headed out the same time again, or if they retained the time apart thing. I guess the airport/ghost town thing is fair, it's real life anyway.
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 5 FirstFirst 12345