+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: People new to this show

I've been on board for TAR the entire time, season 1 episode 1 had me hooked. The fast pace of the show as well as the exotic locations are big draws for me, as I travel the world with the teams from the comfort of my couch. Heck, it's also the only reality show that I refuse to be multi-tasking while it's on! Every other show I'll watch out of the corner of my eye while I'm on the computer gabbing, but TAR night the computer goes off for a while and I'm completely engrossed and lost in it.

FORT Fogey
    For me, I saw the premise of the show and just thought it was some dumb concept. I wasn't big on reality shows back then, only watched Survivor.

But my bro started to watch during season 2. I asked him about it and he said it was good but for some reason I still didn't watch. I guess I didn't wanna look like a reality addict. He convinced my mom to watch at the start of season 3. My mom started to rave about it so that episode where Heather and Eve get eliminated because they take the taxi and everyone else walks got me hooked. I actually decided to give it a chance. I love it now!

But not over Survivor, that's my fav reality show.

Captain of the World
    While I enjoy Survivor, I don't see how anyone can think it is better than TAR.

People sitting around on a beach all day just isn't my idea of entertainment. Yes there is the manipulation and the strategizing and all the challenges, but still they basically sit all day long.

Maybe I am just thinking that TAR would be more fun to participate in and that is why I like it so much more.

TAR has everything I enjoy, competition, travel, plotting, teamwork, challenges both physical and mental. It is just my type of game.

I'd do Survivor too but would enjoy TAR much more.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    While I enjoy Survivor, I don't see how anyone can think it is better than TAR.

People sitting around on a beach all day just isn't my idea of entertainment. Yes there is the manipulation and the strategizing and all the challenges, but still they basically sit all day long.

Maybe I am just thinking that TAR would be more fun to participate in and that is why I like it so much more.

TAR has everything I enjoy, competition, travel, plotting, teamwork, challenges both physical and mental. It is just my type of game.

I'd do Survivor too but would enjoy TAR much more.
    I couldn't agree more with your post. I enjoy Survivor and have watched every episode since the beginning, but my heart is with the Amazing Race. I've watched it since the beginning and love every minute of it. My favorite ending was from season 1. I remember jumping up and down during that last frantic dash to the finish line. I wish they would put it on DVD!

I'd suck at Survivor, but I'd kill to do The Amazing Race. Too bad they don't let Canadians take part.

Quote Originally Posted by sweetpea

I'd suck at Survivor, but I'd kill to do The Amazing Race. Too bad they don't let Canadians take part.
    I would suck at both Survivor and TAR. Especially the high up parts. That Detour in the first episode would have ended the show for me.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

I have been watching both Survivor and TAR since the beginning. That shows you what kind of life I have. I could never participate in Survivor because I get too lightheaded if I don't eat. I wouldn't be able to stand up, let alone swim/run/light fires/etc.

I think I wouold be good at TAR except for the fact that when someone is yelling at me for directions I tend to say the opposite of what I mean. So I say "north" when I mean "south" even though I am reading the map correctly. At least I could drive. I a a fast driver and can actually drive a stick. I guess my communication difficulties might make for good TV if my partner decides to strangle me....

As for Allison, I wish they hadn't included her. It smacks of desperation. I was on a game show and I don't get a 2nd chance to win more money than I did the first time. Jealous...maybe. But still, isn't there a huge pool of interesting contestants to choose from and there are enough 20 something couples on that show that we could have done without her.

Quote Originally Posted by RobC4Me
    I think I wouold be good at TAR except for the fact that when someone is yelling at me for directions I tend to say the opposite of what I mean. So I say "north" when I mean "south" even though I am reading the map correctly. At least I could drive.
    I'm fine with north, south, etc. but I constantly confuse left and right. And I don't know how to drive, so I won't be applying for TAR any time soon.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Up until now the only reality competition shows I've watched are Survivor and Big Brother. But along with encouragement from my mom and all the people on here posting about it, I decided to dedicate myself to watch this season. I've only seen parts of it before. So far I'm liking it.

My mom tells me it gets pretty mean spirited at times.
    A man can convince anyone he's somebody else, but never himself. - Verbal Kint from the movie The Usual Suspects

This is my very first season watching. I came across it while flipping channels and I saw the start of the race at the Santa Monica Pier. Since that location is five minutes from where I live I was curious to watch the show. Ah...five minutes in, I realized this is the highly-acclaimed, Emmy winning, widely watched Amazing Race. Thus, a new favorite show.

First off, a big to all the new viewers!

I've been a fanatic for this show since the very first episode and have managed to convince a fair share of people over the years to check it out. More often than not, they're hooked. (If that makes me sound like a TAR "pusher" then so be it!)

Quote Originally Posted by Zaius
    I recommend anyone that likes TAR to watch the very first season. The last 10 minutes of that season are by far the best TV I've ever seen.
    Yeah, the first season was indeed amazing. But I think I'd give the nod for "best ending" to Season 2. That was the closest, most dramatic finish of any of the races. I was literally screaming at my TV set. (Of course, I was also screaming at the finish of TAR3 -- but for entirely different reasons. )

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast