+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: We will have interviews for TAR4!

I was gonna say a big wooohoo but everyone else already said that so.....YYYYYYEEEEEEEAAAAAAAAAA AAA
    Watch out, It's a stampede!

It's certainly adds to my enjoyment of the show to know that John will be interviewing the Philiminated pair the next day.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Miss Maddy
    I have just been reading your interviews with the TAR3 teams and you have done an excellent job! cant wait to read your TAR4 ones - what a fantastic site you have, love it - first time here. Being from Australia we are waiting to see the final episode of TAR3 which airs on Monday (of course I alreadly know who's won -(which by the way I am still recovering from!!!) As this is my first time watching the show I am not sure on all the rules... is there anywhere I can go to view the rules? a question I have is 'whos money are they using, is there an allocated amount per team? what if they run out of money....?

Again, this is a great site - I will certainly be back.

welcome miss maddy
    As far as I know there is no where to see or read the official rules.

From what I understand the Show pays for all airline tickets, all teams are gven the same amount of money at the beginning of each leg of the race and what they do not spend they get to keep into the next leg (meaning of course, that after a couple of legs, some teams would have more money than others).

Each team is also given a one time emergency fund. This money can only be used once... if they are given $200 (amd I don't know the amount) they can "dip" into that one time... it can be used for train tickets or a soda, but once that money is opened the show takes the leftovers. Does that make sense? I'm pretty sure that Danny and Oswald (a team from last year) spent there's on a shopping spree It was funny.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

oh, meant to add... hope you stick around to share thoughts on Tar 4!
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Miss Maddy
    Cali
    Thanks, you explained it perfectly..... and yes I will certainly be sticking around for TAR4, I just hope our tv network here shows it if not at the same time as the states but at least shortly after - how long am I supposed to wait!

I hope you don't have to wait long. Welcome, Miss Maddy!

CBS keeps the official rules under lock and key, which I think is a bad move on their part. A lot of questions are asked every season regarding potential rule-breaking, and those could be laid to rest easily if the rules were known.

I think the reason they do it is so that they can use producer discretion on applying the rules. Which I also think is a bad move.

But, what can you do? I guess just live with it. The past contestants have been helpful both here and on other sites with clarifying some rules.

Miss Maddy
    Thanks John I agree it seems silly to 'hide' the rules of the game it makes it hard for the viewer to really appreciate the concept. I have another question regarding the concept of TAR - has there even been a behind the scenes documentary/making of, TAR - I would hope so if not is there any 'talk' of this happening?

Oh and another question do they have a reunion episode at the end of the race ie: Survivour style?

Sadly, no..but i'm sure everyone wishes for one!

The closest thing that TAR's done to a documentary was letting 2 TV Guide correspondents compete in a leg of the race last season (TAR3), starting a half hour after the last team. As I recall, it was the second episode's leg they got to compete in.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12