+ Reply to Thread
Page 33 of 41 FirstFirst ... 23242526272829303132333435363738394041 LastLast

Thread: 7/6 Show Discussion **Spoilers**

FORT Fogey
    Krom. Charla and Mirna felt entitled. In the opening, Charla mentioned that because of her size people always helped her and that would be an advantage for them. That explains the outrage both exibited when no one helped. They became agitated and swore to never help another. Good, it is a game and no one is expected to help the weak or short. jeeeeeeeze

I found myself liking Alison and Donny. She is very bright and I did not fault her for snapping at Donny when he displayed a curious thought process or lack thereof. They are my pre-faves (thanks Karlott, great word).

The "god will take care of us" guy is too much and I look forward to their demise. It never ceases to amaze me when Christains think god is on their side and no one else.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Dogbat
    :

The "god will take care of us" guy is too much and I look forward to their demise. It never ceases to amaze me when Christains think god is on their side and no one else's.
    Christians often use that phrase to remind themselves that they are not alone in the universe, NOt to say that God is taking care of them and no-one else.
    However, if they do think that they have God on their side for this race, then all I have to say is, :rolleyes to them... (like God doesn't have better things to do...)

FORT Fogey
    Looked like God was taking better care of those who took a cab.

I thought this opening was fantastic! Can't stand the following teams -Charla and Mirna- they dissapointed me with take pity on me attitude; The pizza guys their tactics were unnecessary. Chip and Kim hmm- Chip looks like he could lose it at any second.
    I did like the twins, give Dennis props for trying to be honourable -too bad they were eliminated, Military Dad & daughter team, showed great determination. Bowling Moms, seem cool, Gotta give Alison props for realizing that they have to get the clue first. I have to admit the clue boxes were hard to find, it would have helped if they had better markings. If TAR Dave could answer this- I don't think that the cameramen are allowed to help.
    The religious couple don't bother me-I have more respect for those who have morals than those who cheat
    and backstab- At least Brandon realized that he should listen to his partner more, but don't blame him for wanting to save money.
    I agree with the person that was talking about the guy who helped Charla I thought I saw him carry part of the meat too.
    Someone else commented that nothing happens to those teams who get help mentioned about the season where the team took the taxi while the others walked They ended up getting eliminated because of the time penalty. Don't forget that Teri/Ian, Flo/Zach got time penalties when they got extra help
    but it didn't make a difference. As did Chip and Reichen for driving instead of walking.
    I do agree that the name calling, wishing teams ill will, bashing people for their beliefs is unneccessary.
    Getting back to the topic at hand- This looks like a great season I am glad that TAR6 will begin shortly after this segment is done- which explains the Saturday evening time slot for Fall

The Show

I cannot believe how many teams made mistakes (stupid ones)!

About the local helping carry the meat for the cousins.....

In TAR4, when Flo was having yet another breakdown during a detour about poling her boat to an island, so they switched to the bikes but she couldn't do that either, so they went back to the boats. Didn't they get a local to pole her boat for her?

Just a vague recollection.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

I'll answer my own question with a quote from part of cali's recap of TAR3, first half of the Finale.

Quote Originally Posted by cali
    The Particulars

DETOUR Basket Boat or Basket Bike. Teams must choose one of these modes of transportation to travel to the next clue.
    Go to Hoi An and choose a San Pan to take you out to the Road Block Clue.
    Zach, a couple of back packs and his partner 5:58am

Zach gets them to the detour and they decide they should try the boats. Once out on the water Flo whines that there must be a better way. Her solution? “Let me hold on to your boat Zach” UHG.

Flo complains.

Flo quits.

Flo quits.

Flo complains.

She actually starts to get the boat moving, but then they realize they are headed to the wrong shore.

Flo quits. FOR REAL THIS TIME! She is FINISHED with this. She wants to go HOME.

They head back to the original shore and Zach talks her into checking out the bikes so that even if they wind up way behind, they can at least cross the finish line.

They arrive to see the bikes.

Flo complains.

She can’t get on it. She can’t hold it up. She can’t turn it. She doesn’t weigh (or hue) enough.

She quits.

Again, master calmer-downer Zach talks her into trying the boats again. This time they hire people to row them across to get the clue.
    "Fish are friends, not food, but everything else is fair game." ~ Pating, Survivor Cagayan Pool

Woohoo Next leg in Buenos Aires!
    Does anyone know any obvious spots that they might visit?

Captain of the World
    that was great. my blood was pumping for about an hour after the show. I still don't see how more people haven't caught on. What a great show.

Of course I was also mad because I wasn't running the race. Oh well maybe AR 7.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Krom
    There was an entire sequence where she and Mirna interviewed on this and talked about how she planed to use this as a deliberate strategy. Out of their mouthes, not my keyboard.

It was during the sequence when they got the car to pick them up. They spoke particularly about using people's "fascination" with Charla and their assumption that she "needed help" to get favors done.

As I said, I'm not sure I dissaprove (in fact, I'm almost sure that if I do it's more Mirna's "she's special" spin on it I dislike and not Charla's more pragmatic view), but I won't pretend she's "above" it.
    I know that she said it, I am just saying she didn't use it.

+ Reply to Thread