+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: celebrity TAR

LG.
    About 10 years of age and a foot in height difference too. Vanilla Ice was a fun flash in the pan, I think Eminem has really proven himself in the genre. Even though I listen to Eminem on the radio I won't give him my cash by buying his cds or going to his movie unless he could somehow convince me he wasn't a total misogynist. Stop, collaborate and listen, Ice is back with a brand new edition, something grab ahold of me tightly . . . yikes, I'm being Iced. Better than being Kim I guess.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Originally posted by lurkinggirl
    Unless of course David Hasselhoff went to Germany, then he's be swarmed with adoring fans because "Germans love me"
    Hey those guys liked 99 Luft Balloons from Nina... anything is possible in Germany.
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.
    -- Arrested Development, Season III

LG.
    I think Hasselhoff actually had a successful singing career in Europe in the late 80s - early 90s, especially in Germany, even though he never "caught on" as a singer here, because I remember seeing an interview of him once proclaiming "Germans love me" and it makes me laugh myself silly everytime I think about it. Well, that, and he's Michael Knight, a young loner on a crusade with a cool talking car, Kitt!
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I always thought Kitt was a better actor...

But in fairness, Hasselhoff did score quite a gig on Baywatch... getting paid big bucks to hang out with women in bikini's...oops, Athletic Swimwear...yeah, that was it...
    "George Oscar Bluth II, aka GOB, featured magician in the best selling videotape, "Girls With Low Self Esteem" invites you to enter his world.

I never watched Babewatch but from what I heard, it was the women doing the hanging out
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

Bad idea. I am sick of "celebrities" on TV. That is why I don't watch fictional TV series or celebrity talk shows. I like The Amazing
    Race because it is real travel done by real people. I suggest varying the team format by allowing 1, 3 or multiple persons teams.
    "The greatest myth in the world is that beauty equals goodness." Leo Tolstoy

Bill!

Great name by the way

I like your idea of 3 person teams and such, that could be a good twist.

A 3-person (or more) team could be good, but I don't see one-person "teams" as being all that exciting. Part of the "fun" of the show (at least for me) is to see how the teams react to/with each other under the strain and pressure of the race.

Princess
    and welcome, Bill!

I agree lobeck 1 person "team" would be a bit weird, and I could see a 3 person team being fun... though it would make it difficult for taxis as they also have 2 camera men with them, so in reality it probably wouldn't work.

LG.
    3 person teams, did anyone in the world (besides me) watch Cannonball Run 2001, in which mismatches teams drove across the US in falling apart cars? The team who won was "Hip Hop with Pop" and had two hip hop muscians (African American) friends in their early 20s riding with a crotchety older white firefighter guy who wasn't too keen on hip hop culture. It was quite an enlightening experience for all of them to meet someone from such a different background, as the old firefighter was completely in shock when they had to do a "felony stop" when the cops pulled them over for barely speeding, as he got his first taste of racial profiling by the police.

I agree with the notion that they need teams, as 1 person racing doesn't have the teamwork aspect I love about this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast