+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: what's up with only one all-male team???

what's up with only one all-male team???

I noticed there are 7 co-ed teams, 3 all-women teams, and only 1 all-male team. I wonder why on earth they did that?!?

IMHO, the all-male teams from the first 4 seasons have been 100 times more interesting than the dating/married co-ed teams, who constantly bitch and moan (Flo and Zack? Tara and Will? And now Allison and Donny? Ack!) The all-female teams, I have to be honest, have been boring as heck and fairly incompetent.

The male teams have been really funning and entertaining: think team guido, the dorky guy with glasses and his big bald friend, the clowns, the funny east-coast brothers, chip & reichen; etc. Also, all-male teams have won 3 of the first 4 TAR's. That shows they can be just as competitive and able to work together as any other combination.

Hopefully this wasn't done to weaken the overall field. You need some strong physical teams. Otherwise, let's just toss in 11 teams of 80-year-olds.

Eric

Yeah, I'm pretty depressed about this. I guess they're trying to make the winner less obvious.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Kevin and Drew interesting? Yes, they were. The chas, Oh Brother, BFG's, and (even though I didn't like them) the clowns were interesting? Yeah, they were. But Rob/Brennan, Chris/Alex, Reichen/Chip, Gary/Dave were interesting? You'd rather see more of those carbon copy alpha male teams and have another predictable and boring season where the same team either wins or goes far. I might have put Derek and Drew in that catergory, and though they weren't the most interesting team I've ever seen, I'd still rather watch them again than any of those above. And Drew's little fling with Flo made for a good story line.

And take out teams like Wil/Tara, Lenny/Karyn, and Frank/Margarita, and what are you left with? Part of the show is supposed to be about dealing with the relationship aspect and how to work together while handling the stress and craziness that comes along with the race. As we've seen with couples in the past, this race can be a make or break for them. Besides, they've had more than enough all-male teams while they've gone down on all-female teams and female contestants over the seasons. At least they have a more diverse cast, with no predictable winner. I'm happy with it.

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    Last season we only had two female/female teams, and five male/male teams. Fairly outnumbered if you ask me. There have been way too many male teams each season, while only one or two were interesting. Think about the female/female teams for a second. Nancy/Emily, Pat/Brenda, Claire/Peggy, Mary/Peach, Tian/Jaree, Monica/Sheree, and even Gina/Sylvia. These were all pretty much fan favorites. A lot of the male teams were boring as heck. All of the winning male teams were less exciting then watching paint dry, not to mentioned the other bland arrogant teams like Derek/Drew, Shola/Doyin, and David/Jeff. I think it's a good thing that they're giving other kinds of teams a chance this season. The only male/male team this time isn't the traditional kind, so even they are good to see.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

I guess the biggest problem with male teams is that guys get along too well together. There's more drama between male/female teams and female/female teams.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Captain of the World
    seeing as the male/male teams have been fairly dominant I can see why they didn't bring in so many this time. True that there wasn't a lot of drama between past male/male teams but I still don't care about the drama between team members as I do the drama between teams and for how intense guys can be I think it could make for better drama.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by esmattynd
    Also, all-male teams have won 3 of the first 4 TAR's.
    I think you just answered your own question with that statement, Eric. They're mixing things up...don't want another male team to win. I think it's good...Makes it harder to guess who is going to win.

I'm really THAT Dave
    And somehow, Steve and I managed to get cast in the only season ever to have FOUR alpha-male teams. Why couldn't we have been cast THIS year?

Dave

BTW - four alpha male teams = Chip/Reichen, Dave/Jeff, Al/Jon, Kelly/John

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    And somehow, Steve and I managed to get cast in the only season ever to have FOUR alpha-male teams. Why couldn't we have been cast THIS year?

Dave

LOL LOL LOL . Well, i think probably some people complain that most male teams win so cbs decided to let co-eds or a female have a good chance.
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast