+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 24 FirstFirst ... 4567891011121314151617181920212223 ... LastLast
Results 131 to 140 of 239

Thread: Marshall & Lance

  1. #131
    Frequent Lurker whirledPeas's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    91
    Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    I think the problem with most people who don't like Marshal and Lance is that they don't understand that teams like this are needed to drive the show.

    If everyone were a Bob and Joyce or a Bowling Moms or a team that everyone liked, the show would be boring.

    .


    I completely agree. This is my first TAR and am frankly a bit disappointed by the vanilla couples (colin/cristie bob/joyce and the other one, I keep forgetting the other dating couple) But I don't forget these 2 or Charla/mirna, the twins. I agree that these guys have a bad attitude, but every good story has conflict.
    JMO

  2. #132
    COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2002
    Location
    At the FORT
    Posts
    12,971
    I also think conflict is interesting and is necessary in the show to a degree. But it's not the conflict about these 2 that I don't like...it's their personalities and attitude (not about other contestants, but in general).
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

  3. #133
    Hyper Future Vision gaebolga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Zalem. Or Tiphares. Take your pick...
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    and they dont respect any of the racers either.
    Unlike, say, Charla and Mirna or Brandon and Nicole? At least the Brothers Grim are honest about their crumudgeonly ways; they don't whine about getting the shaft immediatly after shafting others or try to claim that they didn't give anyone the shaft. That's both disrespectful and dishonest. In fact, the Brothers and the Bowling Moms are the only teams that I have any respect for at this point. Neither team is particularly classy, but honesty trumps faux civility in my book any day of the week.

  4. #134
    TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    Unlike, say, Charla and Mirna or Brandon and Nicole? At least the Brothers Grim are honest about their crumudgeonly ways; they don't whine about getting the shaft immediatly after shafting others or try to claim that they didn't give anyone the shaft. That's both disrespectful and dishonest. In fact, the Brothers and the Bowling Moms are the only teams that I have any respect for at this point. Neither team is particularly classy, but honesty trumps faux civility in my book any day of the week.
    Well i do agree with you on one point. anyone who calls a person a bitch and runs away certainly isnt classy.

  5. #135
    Hyper Future Vision gaebolga's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2003
    Location
    Zalem. Or Tiphares. Take your pick...
    Posts
    444
    Quote Originally Posted by baskiddball
    anyone who calls a person a bitch and runs away certainly isnt classy.
    And anyone who's in a race and stops racing to call someone a bitch is an idiot.

  6. #136
    TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2004
    Location
    Toronto, Ontario
    Age
    25
    Posts
    491
    Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    And anyone who's in a race and stops racing to call someone a bitch is an idiot.
    OK they were being honest, and that's what they thought. I just think if they felt that way they could have confronted them to their face when they had a chance instead of doing that. But I do agree they are completely honest and I actually respect an honest person but it just shows what kind of people they are.

  7. #137
    Premium Member thatoconnorgirl's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2003
    Location
    NY
    Posts
    56
    Has anyone seen the TAR Insider clip where Mirna fights with Bob & Joyce about her bag at the airport? At the very end you can see Marshall and Lance to the side and Mirna says something like, "And those two are disgusting as well.." I think Mirna is rubbing a lot of teams the wrong way.

    We also saw in Jim and Marsha's FORT interview that Nicole called Marsha a bitch out of a taxi, but it wasn't shown on air.

    So, it seems that all of Marshall and Lance's 'rude' actions are being shown while others are being left out.

  8. #138
    FORT Regular Angel66668's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Posts
    55
    I call them the dough boys

  9. #139
    TAR Obssesed AmazingRaceMan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2004
    Location
    Long Island NY
    Age
    24
    Posts
    244
    dough boys......hahahaha

    thats classic

  10. #140
    FORT Fogey Florimel's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2003
    Posts
    6,432
    Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    I think the problem with most people who don't like Marshal and Lance is that they don't understand that teams like this are needed to drive the show.

    Why????

    If everyone were a Bob and Joyce or a Bowling Moms or a team that everyone liked, the show would be boring.

    Not to everyone; not to me.

    You have to have good contrast. The Chip and the twins battle isn't nearly as amusing as the pizza bros and Charla and Mirna. Can you imagine how boring the race would be if everyone helped everyone and said nice things about each other. Snooze fest.

    There are other couples who can be nasty enough to provide conflict without being completely despicable.

    One of the reasons Survivor is so highly rated is because of their conflicting characters.

    Again, I disagree. I am choosing to watch CBS' reality shows less and less because of the tendency to reward unconscionable behavior. MIght as well say, "Job well done," to Ken Lay.

    TAR is by far more entertaining than Survivor, but the conflicts are not as obvious. People tune in to watch either people they love or people they hate.

    They don't tune in if they are indifferent.

    I, for one, am not indifferent to seeing people I can admire doing well. I do not find that boring in the slightest.

    Love them or hate them Marshal and Lance are good for the show because they have created conflict with Charla and Mirna.

    Your opinion, to which you are entitled. Mine, to which I am also entitled is completely the opposite.

    Just as Charla and Mirna are good for the show because they have created conflict with other racers.

    That is why they brought Alison and Donny, they knew from her escapades on BB that she would create conflict, although she didn't have time to create much except with Donny.

    A disastrous choice as it turns out. More people tuned out the show because of their casting than tuned in to watch them.

    I woudln't hang out with Marshal and Lance, but I would eat at their Pizza Place and I would love to sit and chat with them.

    I would do neither.

    Thats all I have to say about that.
    I hope so. I have said my last on the subject, too.

+ Reply to Thread

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts

SEO by vBSEO 3.6.0 ©2011, Crawlability, Inc.