+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 18 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Linda & Karen

I didn't think it was nice of them to tell another team they needed to change money, but the cameras didn't capture it so who knows how it went down. Maybe they wre speculating out loud. Or maybe they're just showing they can really play competitively, borderline dirty.

I prefer the whole race be run "clean" but with the addition of the new yield feature, they are incorporating slowing down other teams right into the game. So I can see how testing another team's gullibility fits into that mindset.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

The whole issue with Jim and Marsha makes no sense to me, and from what I've heard, it sounded like Linda and Karen were truly only looking out for Jim and Marsha and didn't want them to get screwed over monetary-wise. To me, it seems as if Jim and Marsha took their advice the wrong way.

Any which way, I've decided to drop this issue with the moms, and once I put that aside, I realize that I really like this team. Besides Charla and Mirna, it seems as if this is the only team who's actually having fun during the race, which is always a good thing in my book. On top of this, they turn out to be one of the smartest and consistent racing teams here. I would really like to see this team go far, and get past the placing of the strongest Mother team in Amazing race history, Team Supreme.

I like them too, and that whole thing with the moneychanging seemed like a misunderstanding on Jim & Marsha's part--I don't think the Moms would deliberately do something to hinder them.

I don't think they deliberately told Jim and Marsha a lie to get ahead in the game,but if they did....bravo!

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

I'm not too sure about the money changing thing either. I don't really think that it was said on purpose, or else Linda and Karen would have been gloating about it or at least congratulating themselves then, right?
    'A fanatic is someone who can't change his mind and won't change the subject.' - Winston Churchill

I agree. I don't think that they deliberately went out of their way to trick Jim & Marsha.I like this team. They are both so down-to-earth & didn't lose their cool about the dog walking thing.

The contrast between how the mom's handled the dog walking detour and how Alison and Donny did was quite telling!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

Originally posted by 2ctheworld:
    The contrast between how the mom's handled the dog walking detour and how Alison and Donny did was quite telling!
    Yes it was...I'm still very shocked on how good of a racing team this is...go bowling moms!!

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Luna
    I'm not too sure about the money changing thing either. I don't really think that it was said on purpose, or else Linda and Karen would have been gloating about it or at least congratulating themselves then, right?

Maybe they did gloat and it was edited out.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by 2ctheworld

That was very interesting. Alison and Donnie panicked and fought amongst themselves (and made at least one more huge mistake by taking the bus), while the moms put their disaster behind them and went on to finish fourth.

+ Reply to Thread