+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 119 FirstFirst ... 2345678910111213141516171819202161111 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin & Christie

This team fails very much to amuse me. I began liking them, but all of a sudden I've started to really dislike them, especially Colin. I think the reason Mirna called Colin a criminal was in a joke term, because I'm obviously not the only one to see that Colin looks absolutely like a deranged serial killer.

The reason I dislike this team is because of Colin, mostly. The guy is rude and seemingly a control freak with Christie. I hated to see him ordering her around so much, whether it was telling her to shut up at the airport, or making her stand next to him in the chocolate shop so she would watch every single precious bite he took, or by looking like he wanted to shove her face in the caviar bowl.

Then there's Christie, who seems pretty high strung at times, yet is ever the submissive little kitten when Colin's there. I do like the fact that she seems to sometimes get tired of Colin's dominant charade, like when she did that hilarious transformation into Catwoman during the caviar challenge. No wonder Colin decided to shut his yap.

Colin is sort of scary. I thought he was going to hit Christie when she couldn't eat the cavier and he started raging about how he hated mirna. There are just certian things about his behavior that really disturbs me- telling christie that she's too highstrung to talk, yelling at her to look at him eating chocolates, etc. When they came in 2nd and she started crying, he just looked so angry and then it was like he realized that he must look uncaring on camera so he started saying that he was proud of her but it wasn't quite convincing. I used to really like this couple but now I think that their quietness was just a cover for his anger problems. Christie seems programed and almost frightened to really be who she probably is. I feel bad for her.

Well, we do have different opinions... Colin is just too competitive and so does Christie. It just so happen that they are quite rattled over the caviar challenge. Colin just felt so worried when a couple of teams kept coming in. Geez, for me, Colin just gave his support to Christie in "reverse psychology."

People, we must understand that Colin and Christie are very focused to win. Eating 2 pounds of caviar is really too much. Sometimes one would think that being fierce and competitive are synonymous. I guess that explains Colin's behavior. Nevertheless, I find them nice and focused. And besides, except for the annoying Mirna - Colin didn't brushed any sort of anger with anybody. For me, he played the game well..

[mod edit - this is the Colin/Christie thread, not the place for paragraphs on other contestants]

Just my two cents...
    Last edited by BravoFan; 08-04-2004 at 08:53 AM.
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by haibane
    Anyway, I don't like this team, because Colin is way too cocky. He looks down on everyone else and always acts like he's destined for first place.
    Christie seems OK, but I agree: Colin seems very arrogant. When they came in first place a couple of weeks ago, he had this very smug look. It wasn't a look of being happy, or relieved, or thankful; it was a look of pure arrogance. I wanted to smack him. And don't even get me started on last week with the whole caviar thing. He handled it horribly. He was barking out orders, telling her to eat it like this or that. JUST SHUT UP COLIN! Bad enough he pussed out & made her do it (BEFORE they even knew for sure what it was, he said there would be no way he could do it), but to then proceed to tell her how to do it was just too much. I was glad when she growled at him to leave her alone about it!
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Quote Originally Posted by mina
    When they came in 2nd and she started crying, he just looked so angry and then it was like he realized that he must look uncaring on camera so he started saying that he was proud of her but it wasn't quite convincing.
    I don't really like him, and I agree that he is arrogant, but I experienced this part of things quite differently from what you're saying. What I saw was Christie crying in a "that was the most traumatizing thing I've every done, and I'm exhausted and sick and falling apart" way. I don't think she was crying because they weren't in first place.

I couldn't read Colin's expression at first, but then I realized that he was feeling very emotional and trying to hold it in. He seemed genuinely moved by something...maybe it was her courage in finally finishing (in spite of his "encouragement"), maybe it was because he was ashamed that she had to do it because he couldn't or maybe there was some other reason. Whatever was going on, when he finally spoke, he seemed to be having a genuinely intense, tearfully emotional moment.
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

[mod edit - reply to a comment that was deleted from this thread]

Anyway, way to go Colin and Christie. It was really nice to see a team break away with that great a time lead from the rest of the pack. Yes, thank you TAR a fast forward. Again a smart move to use the FF considering that there wil only be 2 in this race. It was interesting to see them fall apart trying to find the sarcophogus. Christie's comment that they don't trust each other each speaks volumes. Are both control freaks? Colin does seem to be and she is fighting him on that. Possible spouse abuse in that relationship.

It was also interesting to note that they were the only team to have their arrival time of 11:27am at the pitstop posted on the tv screen. Mirna and Charla were a good 6 to 7 hours behind.
    Last edited by BravoFan; 08-04-2004 at 08:54 AM.

Bopping to my own beat! realityluver's Avatar
    They do have a nice lead over everyone, but I just wonder how much good it's going to do them.

I like this team, they use their heads. I think it's smart how they research and hustle to get the best flights possible. Flights seem to be the key in this race and they are kicking butt in this area.
    Phenomenal woman... that's me!!!

Leo
    Premium Member
    I have to hand it to them - this was the biggest lead anyone's built in a while. I don't particularly think using the FF was smart, though.

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I have to hand it to them - this was the biggest lead anyone's built in a while. I don't particularly think using the FF was smart, though.
    Why not? With a possible 12 hour lead and knowledge that nobody else could use the FF puts them at an awesome advantage. With only 2 FF in this race you need to use it if you have the chance. (The teams have to know by now that a FF is not a way to catch up). My problem is it seems the cousins caught up to them in their fight over a taxicab (previews for 8/10). How did they screw up SO badly?

Leo
    Premium Member
    Leads like that tend to be short-lived. Factors like operating hours will come into play, especially since the 12-hour pit stop period means the team will come out at around midnight - meaning there's a good chance they'll have to sit and wait, obliviating any lead.

+ Reply to Thread