+ Reply to Thread
Page 10 of 119 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718192060110 ... LastLast

Thread: Colin & Christie

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I felt sorry for Christie during that eating challenge (and a few others that were struggling as well). I guess because I knew I wouldn't be able to do it...or I don't think I could have done it.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Drama Queen Christie moaned, whined and wailed all over that caviar when they should have thought out the roadblock clue in the first place--I mean, hello? They're in a restaurant, and the clue says, "taste the good life?", so deductive reasoning should make you conclude it's some kind of eating challenge. Maybe Mr. Intensity should've thought about that for a while.

Well, at least Christie finished the caviar with class unlike Nicole who almost fainted and faltered. Christie ate them and did not whine forever like Nicole did.

I hope Colin/Christie will win the race! Geez, this team is strong! If not for the super salty caviar, they have won the race second in a row...

I still believe in this team... Keep an eye on them... :rolleyes
    "The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

Quote Originally Posted by Meg1
    I don't like him. a bit of a misogynist, I think. at very least i wish he'd stop addressing her like she's a disobedient child. the scene in the chocolate shop creeped me out, when he said something to the effect of "get over here..watch me." (in a very harsh tone) yuck.
    (I just like posting so I can try out all these smilies)
    I've noticed that too, he treats her like she's ten years old, tells her she's too high-strung too talk etc. I really dislike this guy, and, as of last night, I bet she's really scary when she's mad. Klink And CLAW.

Ms. TX at heart
    I thought they both did good this week, even Colin's competitive side had room to include 3-4 (?) other teams on the better bus route (shorter and faster) He offered to purchase the tickets for them. Unlike "Team Jesus" I can see them (C&C) sticking to their favored couples and NOT just when it is convenient to them. They will continue to help them along- if only to get rid of the teams they REALLY dislike (Charla and Mirna)LOL. GO C & C!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Snowqueen
    Well, at least Christie finished the caviar with class unlike Nicole who almost fainted and faltered. Christie ate them and did not whine forever like Nicole did.
    Christie was SOBBING over the caviar. IMO, she whined the most out of everyone. Nicole cried too, and had to curl up into a fetal position midway, but for some reason, she didn't seem as pathetic as Christie, probably because she never SOBBED.

Anyway, I don't like this team, because Colin is way too cocky. He looks down on everyone else and always acts like he's destined for first place.

Colin is very handsome. He bears a striking resemblance to Josh Duhamel. However, something about him bothers me. I am getting a creepy vibe. His eyes are steely and cold and he is way too intense. He looked as if he wanted to strangle Christie when some of the other teams caught up with them at the restaurant more so when Mirna and Charla showed up. I donít buy his little speech about being proud of her, because he didnít look very happy when Phil told them they were team number 2. I am willing to bet he let her have it when they were alone and hopefully she threw up on him.

Quote Originally Posted by NYGal
    Colin is very handsome. He bears a striking resemblance to Josh Duhamel. However, something about him bothers me. I am getting a creepy vibe. His eyes are steely and cold and he is way too intense. He looked as if he wanted to strangle Christie when some of the other teams caught up with them at the restaurant more so when Mirna and Charla showed up. I donít buy his little speech about being proud of her, because he didnít look very happy when Phil told them they were team number 2. I am willing to bet he let her have it when they were alone and hopefully she threw up on him.
    Word. For a moment I actually thought Mr. Intensity was gonna shove Christie's face down the bowl or grab the bowl and force her to swallow it.

But for me though, Colin resembles Barry Watson, who played the eldest son on "7th Heaven".

I was pleasantly surprised at Colin and Christie this week. This is the first in depth exposure to them we have seen. I like how Colin handled himself at the bus depot. How he got the extra information about the other bus line. It was smart. That is what the racers need to do if they have the time. In the first TAR there was a situation where they all needed to get a boat ride from Marseilles, France to Morocco and they all bunched at the ferry. But if they had done a little asking they would have found out that alot of the freighters take passengers and they left before the ferry.

What is is with Mirna. She obviously is pissing people off and we are not seeing all the background stuff. I need to start watching some of these insider videos. Colin hates her and to be honest she did bud in on the conservation. Although I thought it was a bit much for him to tell her to go stand over there. Where did that come from? There is a temper there. (You could see he was really holding it in during the caviar scene with Christie) Mirna calling Colin a 'criminal' was also overboard. What's with the antagonism?

What I don't like is the name 'Mirna and Smirna'. If you hate Mirna and she is the one causing you problems then call her names not Carla.

I did enjoy seeing Mirna get in with it with Brandon and Nicole. Mirna did call them on keeping their word. B&N do go in an alliance then break it within 2 seconds.

I watched that scene at the bus depot twice. Colin kept his mouth shut about the info he had gotten. Again a smart move. But when the window opened to sell tickets he moved to the other bus line and everyone else followed. (I can understand some of the teams frustration of others coattailing them.) Or were both windows next to each other. It did look as if Chip jumped line , well he even said I will wait over here and Bob called Chip on it. Chip's entire concern was to get to number one, not to be a bottom feeder. Well historically in TAR those who do what Chip did try so hard to get to number one have a tendency to be eliminated in the next round.

I miss the fast forwards. There aren't going to be any? Bring them back. That causes alot more excitement.

Both Christie and Nicole were total wimps during the caviar eating scence. I would have loved to see them eat cut up still moving squid. What was with the shakes from Nicole and the twins. Scarf it down then toss up as soon as you are done. If it was typical American junk food they would have eaten it fast enough. It was very interesting watching Colin try not to explode? He definitely has a nasty temper.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 07-30-2004 at 07:18 AM.

I have high hopes on this team...

"The difference between fiction and reality? Fiction has to make sense."
    - Tom Clancy (1947-), paraphrasing Mark Twain

Missing Colin and Christie of the The Amazing Race 5

Rooting for Gus and Hera in The Amazing Race 6 ; Jonathan and Kendra sucks! :phhht

+ Reply to Thread