+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 107 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

Charla & Mirna

[IMG]images/img/TARcharlamirna.jpg[/IMG]

Quote Originally Posted by official TAR site
    Charla & Mirna are first cousins from Phoenix and Towson, Maryland, respectively. Both were born in the same hospital in Syria, one month apart. They emigrated to the United States when they were young children. Charla & Mirna know that physically they are quite different, but say they "fill each other's gaps with strengths and weaknesses." In addition, between the two of them, they speak a variety of languages, including Armenian, Turkish, French and Spanish, and have traveled extensively to foreign countries.

Charla says she is married to the man of her dreams and is manager/co-owner of ten sportswear stores. She has a form of dwarfism and says she "certainly does not consider it a physical illness." In fact, she says she hopes "to show the world what I can do and break all stereotypes about dwarfs!"

Mirna is an attorney who graduated from the University of Maryland School of Law at age 23, the youngest in her class. While she describes herself as "sometimes too bossy and controlling," she blows off steam by doing some favorite activities such as running and cycling. Mirna also claims to be a frequent winner at blackjack tournaments.

Charla & Mirna describe themselves as "a unique team, definitely one of a kind, extremely comical and aggressive" and are excited about competing in THE AMAZING RACE 5 so that they can travel around the world and win.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

This looks like another Mary and Peach team I loved them in TAR2! I hope they'll stay longer in the race

Their language skills could well come in handy.
    "That's Numberwang!"

if these girls are even remotely athletic with no fear they will do very well.. the language thing is their best advantage. French and Spanish will work for them just about everywhere (but asia)

I'm cheering for these girls - oh gawd I hope they don't turn out to be screaching harpy whiners like Flo
    Last edited by Duxxy; 06-09-2004 at 03:00 PM.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

can't wait for survivor! coolguy's Avatar
    What is Mirna doing? It looks like she is trying to smile but she forgot how to...

This team is one of those teams that i will make an opinion during the race
    You stole my smart quote!

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    I'm cheering for these girls - oh gawd I hope they don't turn out to be screaching harpy whiners like Flo
    I really hope not

Here's a team that knows what they're doing. Unfourtanately, I don't think we'll see that as a big mistake is going to cost them and they end up as one of the first teams eliminated.

The more I look at their faces the more they remind me of Mary and Peach

Ah I just realized that Charla was in a form of dwarfism I'll be cheering on for her by that!
    But that seriously will be an disadvantage when it's a mad dash to the finish line

Gotta Love that Scout scooberoo's Avatar
    I like this team, besides the fact that Charla looks like an Olsen twin. I don't think they're going to make it that far, but if they do their ability to speak multiple tongues will really help them out.
    Who I'm rooting for: Survivor: Vanuatu - Scout Cloud Lee, Leann Slaby, Lea Masters, Eliza Orlins, Twila Tanner, and Lisa Keiffer.

+ Reply to Thread