+ Reply to Thread
Page 50 of 107 FirstFirst ... 404142434445464748495051525354555657585960100 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I would have really liked seeing a timestamp of just when it actually was that they made it to the camel and horse caravan.

it was 5:30pm on my t.v. screen, I thought "they just made it" and the camel guys let them go instead of saying " we close now. go away mean lady"

Quote Originally Posted by Rembrant
    I don't think Mirna's that bad, she's just intense and never afraid to back down for anything or anybody, she says it like she sees it. It's an obvious thing that Colin and the brothers hate her, but then again, looking at those three, it's not a surprise. The brothers hate pretty much everything, and Colin has been behaving like a jerk pretty often, so it's no surprise they hate the girl who's willing to stand up to them and not take any of their crap.

I don't think Christie hates Mirna, I think she's just annoyed with Mirna's behavior. And so far I haven't seen anything to indicate the other teams hating Mirna and Charla, not even Bob and joyce after that incident at the airport, so I'm not buying the whole "everybody hates Charla and Mirna" thing.

As for why Colin and the brothers hate Charla, I got no idea, seeing as I haven't seen anything about her that could've made them angry, other than the fact that she's proving to be as tough or even tougher than them. I get this weird vibe that these three guys couldn't live with themselves if a little person outlasted them in the race.

I agree with you 100% on this one.

In the latest TAR Insider Video (on the official site), there is a clip of Charla explaining the shouting between her and Mirna (scroll down to Chapter 5: When I Shout, It Means I Love You). Charla just says that the shouting is their way of pushing each other, and it's never personal. Which is the way I read it all along, it just seems like they treat each other the way siblings would. I know that I would act pushier/less patient when working on something with my brother, than with say a co-worker.

I also don't see what the big deal is about Charla & Mirna not getting along with the other teams. If I were in this race, I wouldn't be willing to cooperate with the other teams either. If they hated me for it, so be it.

FORT Newbie

Charla and Mirna

I went to highschool with both Charla and Mirna. They are both really great people. As far as Mirna's personality, she just says things as it is. She is a great person. I think she can come off as being very abrubt and that tends to turn people off. However, she was really a very nice person, and would not hurt a fly. I think she comes off differently and people just don't understand her. But she means well and she is such a nice person. While I haven't seen either one of these girls since Highschool, I must say they are playing there true characters! This is who they are...there is no acting with them! They are great! I hope they make it!!

FORT Newbie
    Mirna and Shmirna are my least favorite team!! They are so annoying! Not only do they lie (to get plane tickets, claiming to need a doctor) but are rude to the other teams. No wonder none of the other teams like them. If they would be more polite to the other teams they would get more assistance.

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbliss08
    Mirna and Shmirna are my least favorite team!! They are so annoying! Not only do they lie (to get plane tickets, claiming to need a doctor) but are rude to the other teams. No wonder none of the other teams like them. If they would be more polite to the other teams they would get more assistance.
    I'd probably be rude to the others. I'd want to win that million dollars!! Screw the nice!

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    it was 5:30pm on my t.v. screen, I thought "they just made it" and the camel guys let them go instead of saying " we close now. go away mean lady"
    Thanks, joeguy, as well as you, AIWANNABE. As I typed that out, regarding the timestamp, I was wondering whether I'd just overlooked it in my assumption that there was no way the cousins could have made it in time. Perhaps the watch that Mirna or Charna checked was set somewhat differently than local time. Being a slowpoke myself, I just couldn't envision them making it without wings, though the camera shots may have implied the camel/horses were further away than they actually were.

I have to say, joeguy, it would have been a pleasure hearing Mr. Camel Jockey saying as you describe "we close now. go away mean lady", just for the humorous aftermath it would have instigated. No doubt Mirna, hearing that, would have been assessed a time penalty for having ultimately riden the Camel jockey instead of a horse over the course.

FORT Regular
    I really like these two and hope that they can win..Who is Brandon to call them 'sneaky cousin' when he is by far the sneakiest of them all...what a jerk..

Quote Originally Posted by tropicalbliss08
    Charla and Mirna are my favorite team!! They are not annoying! Not only are they smart enough to think of a lie that helped them (plane tickets, reason to be first on priority list), but they don't waste time sucking up to other teams. Who cares if the other teams like them. If they spent their time being polite to the other teams, they would have been eliminated already.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

Quote Originally Posted by gaebolga
    But it's not okay for Colin to stand up for himself and not take any of Mirna's crap? She acted exactly like a social bully in the bus station: nobody matters but Mirna, and God help anyone who says otherwise or gets in the way. Screw that! She's a petty, evil bitch, and when she got a taste of her own medicine, she called the spoon a criminal.
    If she would just admit that she gives as good as she gets instead of being shocked that everyone is nasty in return, that would give me a completely different outlook on how enjoyable it is to watch C&M in the game. I hate hypocrites in real life, and I can't stand watching them on tv, either.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

+ Reply to Thread