+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 107 FirstFirst ... 38394041424344454647484950515253545556575898 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

I wouldn't be surprised at all to see a foot race at the final pitstop. Other teams have weaknesses as well; it's not like everyone else is an athlete and that Charla is the only one who can't run fast. The "brother" would probably lose out in a footrace also, because of his bad knees.

The great thing about TAR is that it takes strengths in many areas, not just physical ability, to succeed. If a physically-challenged team really wants to win, they have to outsmart the other teams early enough in the last leg to get a decent lead on them and avoid the footrace in the end.
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

In the first Amazing Race, I remember the teams had to run like a 1/2 mile to the finish line. I hope that doesn't happen this time or Charla and Mirna will be in trouble. I wonder if it's against the rules for Charla to jump on Mirna's back.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

Quote Originally Posted by mrcorkles
    In the first Amazing Race, I remember the teams had to run like a 1/2 mile to the finish line. I hope that doesn't happen this time or Charla and Mirna will be in trouble. I wonder if it's against the rules for Charla to jump on Mirna's back.
    That actually would be rather funny to watch....Mirna might start complaining though I can just see her dropping Charla one the ground!

I like Charla, but I can not stand Mirna, I so wish that you could change partners half way through the race, so that Charla could pick up a better partner, but I still would like to see them win.

everything under the sun lopevian's Avatar
    charla is really amazing. she stays so clear headed and even tempered. which is hard in this race to achieve and harder to maintain. and on top of that she has to run it with mirna, who could make ghandi yell "TIME OUT!!". charla is wonderful. she's never sleepy, never grumpy, never bashful, never dopey and she's always happy!
    "...Mr. Bluebird on my shoulder..."

i love these two! their so funny them and chip and kim are my favorites! for cousins they look alot alike and their so funny and mean to the brothers! dancing and acting like the brothers were taking forever! and saying bye to them!! ahahahaha hilarious!

Quote Originally Posted by triciac
    I like Charla, but I can not stand Mirna, I so wish that you could change partners half way through the race, so that Charla could pick up a better partner, but I still would like to see them win.

I ONE HUNDRED percen agree with you!!

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    That is fine. But then you also can't get upset if the guys do whatever it takes to eliminate Charla and Mirna.

Mirna is the queen of the double standard. "How dare they do that to me, they are criminals, they are disgusting.. blah, blah, blah."

And then she turns right around and does things that are inconsiderate and rude. I would like her so much more if she said "yeah I am being rude, but this is a race and I want to do what I need to do to win."
    Yes, you're right. If Mirna's going to be sneaky, etc. to get ahead, she shouldn't fault other people for doing it. I think her "drama queen" mode kicks in at those moments and she's really playing to the cameras.
    Peace is Patriotic

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    I follow what your saying, and tend to agree up to a certain point, bwolpert. but I've kinda missed or underappreciated whatever it is that is supposed to make Mirna a member of the strong womans club.

The best assertive act I've seen her perform so far was interjecting for information at the bus station rather than passively waiting 'her turn.'

Other than that, could you nudge my memory as to just how Mirna has demonstated that she possesses strength?
    What I mean is that Mirna speaks up for herself and stands up for herself. She doesn't take things lying down, and she doesn't care what other people think of her. She's self-confident. She won't back down from a situation because it might be rude or embarrassing. Another person brought up the situation with Bob in the airport. Some people (myself, included) would have been afraid to confront him about moving the bag.
    Peace is Patriotic

I think Mirna is making enemies for herself by being such a snotty ass. I mean already Michael and Lance, and Colin and Chisty, bascailly hate hate her.
    Bubbles Tea

+ Reply to Thread