+ Reply to Thread
Page 45 of 107 FirstFirst ... 35363738394041424344454647484950515253545595 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

I just love this team for pure entertainment value!!!

The personalities are just fun to watch IMHO.

Goooooo team!!!!!

They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

C&M never cease to amaze me! I loved how they walked all the way to the train station, the only ones! I bet that sure saved them a couple of dollars.

Once at the airports, I loved how they sneaked to look for another plane, and then waited for everyone to fall asleep and then snuck away. It was nice to see a lot of the teams giving them credit for being so smart.

Off to Cairo, and I loved how Mirna always as an excuse for every single road block. But once again Charla rised to the occation, and did that road block quite fast. But I was wondering like Lotus, why couldn't she have just plunged down there, she did have a safty line. She had a disadvantage because other teams can go two bars at a time, while should could have only gone one at a time. I loved when Mirna said she can use her whistle if she needs help.

I loved how Mirna pushed Charla to make it to the camels, if they hadn't I don't think they would have been able to complete the rock detour. Once there I loved how Charla blew her little whistle, they all jumped and helped her on her horse. It was so nice seeing Charla riding a horse, something I think they had never done before.

Then, I was so happy when I saw them come in second place, and give Phil their hugs. Next week it looks like they catch up to Colin/Christie, and end up fighting for a cab. (C&M win it )

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    I loved how Mirna pushed Charla to make it to the camels, if they hadn't I don't think they would have been able to complete the rock detour.
    Other way around. Charla had to push Mirna to get to the darned camels. Mirna was wimping out and trying to walk over to the sled pull.

There have been a few times I've noticed teams approaching travel agents like they represent the holy grail, something that cannot be beaten. But all travel agents are not as adept, and there have been examples where others have gotten better connections than the miraculous booking agents have managed. Is it a mistake to assume that the best connections possible made in one country necessarily correspond with those that could be found in another?
    yes, which is why Colin and Christie checked again when they got to Frankfurt. That's how they ended up landing at 2am instead of 230pm.

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    Other way around. Charla had to push Mirna to get to the darned camels. Mirna was wimping out and trying to walk over to the sled pull.
    No, not quite, Charla said she couldn't run that far in three minutes, and Mirna said "If I can do it, you can do it."

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    Charla working out...don't let her short stature fool you, this is one strong little person. .

Yeah she is strong, In episode one when they were introducing all the teams when the introduced Mirna and Charla, it showed a clip of Charla lifting Mirna on her shoulders!!

I love this team, I find them so entertaining. It was nice seeing them appreciate the sights and enjoy their time there. Mirna was smart to double check the flights and it was hilarious seeing them wait until everyone else was asleep before they boarded. I agree AJane, I too was seeing Charla whistling to get their attention, the camel riding was really sweet as it was easy to see just how much it meant to Charla to be able to ride it as well as enjoy the views

No, not quite, Charla said she couldn't run that far in three minutes, and Mirna said "If I can do it, you can do it."
    You're right, Mirna was pushing Charla to go for the camels as she didn't want to do the brick challenge but Charla thought they wouldn't make it in 3 minutes when it closed.

FORT Newbie

my favourite team!

Charla and Mirna are by far the most entertaining team on the race! Although Mirna can get annoying sometimes - ok more like all the time hehe - they make a good team. As many of you have said, the duo amazes me every episode. When Mirna comes up with another lame excuse as to why she can't perform the task, I love Charla's reaction "OK! I'll do it!" She's always willing to do whatever it takes and is sooo brave. I can't believe they managed to walk all the way to the train station and Charla all bundled up was adorable! I also thought that Charla providing the entertainment at the travel agent/airport was hillarious!

I caught a bit of their audition tape on ET as well, and watching Charla go on the elliptical machine and carrying Mirna on her shoulders was too cute!

I hope this team wins it, or at least stays in till the end because the race wouldn't be the same without them!
    Last edited by galenlover2000; 08-04-2004 at 04:35 PM.

I, too, love this team. They run a smart race, they don't let their mistakes stop them, they seem to care for and appreciate each other, and they take the time to enjoy their experience.

Of those left, my favorite teams are Charla/Mirna, Dave/Kim, and Linda/Karen, although I don't think Linda/Karen are going to last much longer.

The others, in the order I'd like to see them gone in the best possible scenario, are Marshall/Lance, Colin/Christie, Brandon/Nicole, Kami/Karli.

Not likely to happen, but I can wish.

I still swear it was the other way around. I remember Charla screaming "we can make it, Mirna.. we can make it!"

+ Reply to Thread