+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 107 FirstFirst ... 34353637383940414243444546474849505152535494 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

OK, I've spent most of my day, reading through all these posts.....
    I've read many different opinions, many comments, and some funny stuff too I personally, am rooting for this team, at first I hated Mirna, I mean, how whiny could you get? But, I've grown to like her, I laugh every episode I think the whole Phil thing is hi-larious Both Mirna and Charla are fun to watch...can't wait till tomorrow !!!

FORT Fan
    Hehe, just watched the insider videos for episode 4 and saw Charla&Mirna going to a duty-free shop to use the free sample of cosmetic products. IMO, it is very interesting and I just love this team!

Quote Originally Posted by dfleming2

Yes, that's why I think it's stupid to leave baggage unattended in this game... but mirna isn't known for her brains...
    Hey, I think Mirna would object to that after all she is a lawyer and knows everything.

This team I 've got to love their spirit. The only team not to find a cab to the train station, that surprised me, did the St. Petersburg cab radar put out a do not pick up alert?

I liked how they scrambled at the Frankfurt airport and got themselves put on Air Italia. Just plain smart. That and they were able to keep their mouths shut and not smirk or anything to give it away. I was just waiting for them to accidentally fall asleep and miss their flight but that did not happen. They performed beautifully in Egypt. But Mirna is such a wuss. Not being able to carry beef, eat chocolate, climb done 140 ft in the dark and back. It didn't look that claustrophobic to me. Mirna is lucky she has Charla as a partner.

FYI - in next weeks TV Guide Matt Rousch (sp) again heaps high praise on TAR5 as opposed to Big Brother. TV Guide has always supported TAR,Matt R. mentions its nice to see TAR finally get the number of viewers it deserves. Some people may not like it but the article does show our favorite team of Mirna and Charla. If nothing else this team has managed to generate enough controversy that people who both hate and love them tune in to watch.

Well Mirna redeemed her self a little this episode. For the most part she behaved. I really think if they had not gotten that earlier flight they could have been in real trouble. I mean Charla had a lot of time to climb down that hole and not be pressured by other teams. I also don't think they could have done that road block with the rocks. Mirna was right to push them to get over there to the horses. For once her pushiness was warranted. I hope she doesn't go back to her rude ways next week. Although I would be tempted to with Colin and Christie.

Overall I think Charla still really carries this team. Mirna is great at the airports but definately not the challenges.

Captain of the World
    No matter how annoying and hypocritical I find Mirna. This race would be nothing without her.

She is running one hell of a race and I can't believe noone else did any snooping on their own to find a better flight.

She and Charla are really running a good hard race.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

I appreciated their craftiness at the Frankfurt airport, mainly in that they waited without spilling the beans of an alternate flight. Even had the others woke up when they eased away to board their flight, it would have been too late for the others to do more than wish them a happy flight.

I'm not applauding them for getting the Air Italia alternative flight, that is the sort of thing I EXPECT teams to do, and was frankly confused why the others seemingly decided there was nothing other than relaxing to do in an airport which I expect had many times the connections than St. Peterburg offers. Perhaps not DIRECTLY to Cairo, but to a city that perhaps St. Petersburg doesn't connect with that has more frequent flights to Egypt; Athens or Rome maybe?

There have been a few times I've noticed teams approaching travel agents like they represent the holy grail, something that cannot be beaten. But all travel agents are not as adept, and there have been examples where others have gotten better connections than the miraculous booking agents have managed. Is it a mistake to assume that the best connections possible made in one country necessarily correspond with those that could be found in another?

Perhaps the other teams felt lounging was in order seeing as the Bowling Moms hadn't made the flight; if so, I believe that points out a flaw in their gamesmanship.

It is interesting waiting to see the latest excuse Mirna has for not performing a task. Watching Charla make her decent, a question arose in my mind seeing as they are teathered for safety. Is it considered cheating to let go and just take a dive to the bottom, knowing that the safety line is there? I was thinking even if she didn't entirely let go she could just hold onto the sides of the rungs and slide down, though I suppose unless the rungs are free of deposits that might cut ones hands.

Once they'd determined their alternatives and Mirna insisted on making the trek to the horses with 3 minutes before closing time, I decided Mirna rated a title, something along the lines of Mirna the Demented. I was thinking she must imagine herself as a fairy with wings, though insisting on what seemed like a ludicrous waste of time reminded me of other wings, such as in people remaining past closing time when pigs have wings.

She proved me wrong though, I'll give her that. Or do she? There didn't appear any way they could make it to the horses in 3 minutes. Did one of the horsemen get a last moment call on a cell phone, I wonder? Regardless, I was happy that at least one team had the ability to do as they did. I was anticipating some nastiness from the camels, but it appeared to be a wonderful ride, at what must be about the best time of the day to do it.

Another leg or two and I anticipate Phil may be placed behing a pexiglass barrier at the pitstop. Seeing Mirna glom onto Phil has become something of a running joke, though the latest hug got me to thinking that I've seen no hugs between Mirna and Charla that stuck in my memory.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    I just love these two. I feel Charla and Mirna are just perfect!!!Just perfect...them and their whistle hehe . I wonder how much of a lead they have on the other 5 teams...
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by bcarson
    ...I hope she doesn't go back to her rude ways next week. Although I would be tempted to with Colin and Christie...
    From next week's preview, it seems that things actually get worse between Mirna and Colin. And while Mirna can be annoying, Colin is becoming a bona-fide pain in the butt. No wonder that those two can't get along.

I have to say, Charla using her whistle to get the attention of the camel guys had me

I was watching their audition tape on ET yesterday. A lot of it was Charla working out...don't let her short stature fool you, this is one strong little person. If she wasn't in such excellent physical condition, I don't think she could make it through the race.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

+ Reply to Thread