+ Reply to Thread
Page 43 of 107 FirstFirst ... 33343536373839404142434445464748495051525393 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

Sometimes I wish they would show more of the Mirna incidents. I watched the insider videos this weekend and it was interesting to see the Bob vs Mirna match. Mirna had parked her bags in front of a ticket counter and had run off to check on something else. Bob and Joyce were there and discussed moving her bag. Bob mentioned that he had discussed something with Mirna in regards to how to hold your place in line and that he did not consider that her bag by itself was her place marker it was against the rules. What rules?? He was going to move the bag and Joyce was trying to convince him not to have a controntation with those people. Mirna then came up and started in on him that she was first in line and that he should not have touched her bag that it was trespassing and that she should know (as she is a lawyer). At this point I was thinking this lady needs to get a grip. Later in a confesisonal to the camera she went on how that was rude and disgusting that such a big man should try to do something like that. She did repeat how rude and disgusting it was. (She reminds me of some people I know that really rewrite history as far as incidents go, she does not seem to have a grasp of the overall picture and everything in the world should work to her, Mirna's convenience, if not they are disgusting and rude and a criminal, its a good thing she stood up as the other person obviously has no notion of how to handle a situation). In one sense I am on her side and she is standing up for herself, but in the context of the situation did she really have any rights to stand up to? If I was a stranger to her and I needed a ticket for a plane at that counter and I stood behind her bag for an hour or so would I move her bag so I would be first in line. I would be concerned that someone had abandoned a bag at an airport and I would notifiy a guard as soon as I saw one, cause I don't know if that is a bomb or not. I see alot of women nowadays standing up for themselves but they are so confrontation and rude about it that they figure if they yell loud enough that they will get their way.. and sometimes it is over something so minor that a yelling match was not needed.There was also a shot of Mirna exchanging words with the Pizza Boys about not touching her bags, but it was hard to hear.

All I know is you are not supposed to leave your luggage unattended in airports at least here in the US. Is is any different elsewhere? I know the security is much tighter in Heathrow (UK). Paris was also tight. Hey they have guards walking around in pairs and with,. is it AK 47's.

In another insider video the Bowling Moms discribed how hard Mirna works when they are in an airport. That she is rushing around to all the ticket counters trying to find the best deal. The BM's really admired her for it and they said they are going to try to be more like Mirna, as far as working to get the best plane flight out of an airport.

FORT Fogey
    You don't leave bags alone in Canada either... and I would be surprised if they allowed it anywhere (particularly in bigger airports, like Buenos Aires)

Of course, maybe Mirna considered that she wasn't leaving her bags alone, but was leaving them "with" Bob and Joyce... but for her to assume that they would let her go ahead of them... not a good idea. If Charla had chosen a different partner, I could like this team a whole lot better.

I would be tempted to report "unattended baggage" of any competing teams, rather than just move it out of the way. But I'm evil like that.

FORT Fogey

Yes, that's why I think it's stupid to leave baggage unattended in this game... but mirna isn't known for her brains...

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    I would be tempted to report "unattended baggage" of any competing teams, rather than just move it out of the way. But I'm evil like that.
    Tempted? Heck, I would totally do that. It's like a built-in freebie yield. Those girls could have been caught up in security for HOURS!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Tempted? Heck, I would totally do that. It's like a built-in freebie yield. Those girls could have been caught up in security for HOURS!
    It's like getting an extra stab at using the "yield" tactic! HAHA

I didn't blame Bob in the least for being ticked that they left their bag there!
    "The Greatest Trick The Devil Ever Pulled Was Convincing The World He Didn't Exist!" --- Verbil Kint, The Usual Suspects

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    In another insider video the Bowling Moms discribed how hard Mirna works when they are in an airport. That she is rushing around to all the ticket counters trying to find the best deal. The BM's really admired her for it and they said they are going to try to be more like Mirna, as far as working to get the best plane flight out of an airport.
    ok, this had me in a giggle fit. maybe BM's isn't a good abbreviation for the bowling moms. Can we come up with something better?

Quote Originally Posted by joeguy
    ok, this had me in a giggle fit. maybe BM's isn't a good abbreviation for the bowling moms. Can we come up with something better?
    It was not intentional but after you pointed it out, it made me laugh.
    Sorry Moms.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata
    Sometimes I wish they would show more of the Mirna incidents..... Mirna then came up and started in on him that she was first in line and that he should not have touched her bag that it was trespassing and that she should know (as she is a lawyer). At this point I was thinking this lady needs to get a grip. Later in a confesisonal to the camera she went on how that was rude and disgusting that such a big man should try to do something like that. She did repeat how rude and disgusting it was.
    Yeesh. Thanks for sharing that. I'm kinda wanting to see less of Mirna and Charna and more of the others seeing as there are still a few teams I know next to nothing about. I guess I'll be waiting in vain seeing as it appears TAR has, through camera time designated them this years team to watch. It isn't all bad though, as Mirna has outlasted Alison into gaining the crown of most loathed. I have every expectation she will live down to the honor.

As a side note and/or question, as I recall, someone earlier posted something along the lines that whatever less that whatever less than embraceable qualities Charla/Mirna might be shown to possess ought to be considered in the light of the additional exposure they're receiving.

Don't all teams pretty much get filmed about as much as the others? The fact that we aren't seeing the same sort of dramatics from other teams doesn't indicate to me that it was overlooked or edited out, it appears more realistic to assume that either the others are maintaining themselves more, or at least when they act out, they do so in isolated ways less able to be strung together for entertaining effect. The only other team with at least one semi pro whiner seems so far to me to be the Pizza Boys.

LA Model, Part-time Actor
    I really like this team although most people bash them for what they do. I'm not here to go in detail like many before me did about how bad and "hypocritical" this team is 'cause I have better things to do.

Anyways, I just saw Entertainment Tonight and it appeared that they'll be showing Mirna and charla's audition tape tomorrow. I'd tune in tomorrow jst to check it out but look, they're already getting publicity (or more like Charla is)

+ Reply to Thread