+ Reply to Thread
Page 38 of 107 FirstFirst ... 28293031323334353637383940414243444546474888 ... LastLast

Thread: Charla & Mirna

Mirna was totally rude in cutting Colin off when he was talking to the airport guy.
    " I look like Nigella Lawson with a $#*!ing hangover."

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    Can somebody explain how Mirna is being rude to Charla? I think Mirna is doing a great job in pushing Charla. She gave her encouragment when eating the Caviar, telling her that she was doing great. If I was on this race and my partner was slow, I would keep telling them to keep going, exactly what Mirna is doing.
    But the thing is... Charla doesnt need to be pushed. Charla is hauling ass compared to Mirna, who couldnt even handle carrying the load of beef a few feet without whining, causing Charla to step in and have to help.

Seeing as how Charla is doing every individual task, Charla is the one to take off running, Charla is the one that ends up being the successful one on each leg... to have to constantly hear "Run, Charla... Eat, Charla... Drink, Charla.. Hurry, Charla..." would anger me to no end. Take a look at Mirna's position every time she's saying those things. She's never far ahead of Charla.

And her comment with the hanggliding how she had to be strong and hide her face because she didn't want Charla to be scared... hello? Charla was the one that picked that activity and was all gung-ho. What makes her think that Charla was going to be scared?

Sure, she was very supportive of Charla during the caviar eating incident.. but with how loud she was being I took that more as her trying to intimidate the other teams.

Captain of the World
    I see nothing wrong in Mirna asking the only available person at the bus station questions about schedules. If the bus guy, wanted to continue to talk to Colin he could have, the onus fell on him to make that decision, and he chose to speak to Mirna.
    Sure there is nothing wrong with asking the only available person questions about the schedules. However, the driver was facing Colin and in mid sentance when she started talking. I am sure that Colin snapped because of other incedences in the past with Mirna. It is clear that the majority of the teams are trying to distance themselves from Mirna. You don't hear them rip on Charla, but they aren't too fond of Mirna.

If she had every right to do what she did the Colin had every right to react the way he did. I'm not even a fan of Colins but it was nice to see someone stick it to her.

Obviously none of the actions between Mirna and the other teams has caused anyone to be Philiminated yet but I have a feeling one way or another either Charla and Mirna will be knocked out of the race or they will cause someone to get knocked out because of devious actions. Should be interesting to watch.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    But the thing is... Charla doesnt need to be pushed. Charla is hauling ass compared to Mirna, who couldnt even handle carrying the load of beef a few feet without whining, causing Charla to step in and have to help.

Seeing as how Charla is doing every individual task, Charla is the one to take off running, Charla is the one that ends up being the successful one on each leg... to have to constantly hear "Run, Charla... Eat, Charla... Drink, Charla.. Hurry, Charla..." would anger me to no end. Take a look at Mirna's position every time she's saying those things. She's never far ahead of Charla.

Sure, she was very supportive of Charla during the caviar eating incident.. but with how loud she was being I took that more as her trying to intimidate the other teams.
    If I had a slow partner, being they are fat, have a handicap, or just plain old slow, I would be doing the exact same thing. It's a million dollars we are talking about here. Though this encouragment Mirna gives Charla may not really make Charla run faster it is basically a habit. I think every team says to their partner at one time, "run faster", "hurry up", etc.

If Charla didn't like all this encourgment she could just say 'stop talking' like many other teams have done in the past. I think she is strong enough of a person to say that.

Encourgment, Yes. Rudeness, No.

It may be encouragement, but Mirna's incessant urging Charla to hurry up seems grating to me. Charla is hauling ass as quickly as she can, if anything, I get the sense that Charla could probably do as well or better on her own than Mirna.

Was it just the editing, or did they experience a brain freeze at the Buenos Aires airport? They seemed fixated on the one flight, even though there were at least 3 or 4 ways out of town. Once they were on the waiting list, why weren't they checking out other options?

Speaking of options, am I mistaken, or are these teams able to buy unlimited tickets while shopping around for the quickest connections? It seems like at least one team was booking tickets on at least two, and I believe more, flights.

Can someone clue me in to what limits they face, other than booking economy seating?

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Was it just the editing, or did they experience a brain freeze at the Buenos Aires airport? They seemed fixated on the one flight, even though there were at least 3 or 4 ways out of town. Once they were on the waiting list, why weren't they checking out other options?

Speaking of options, am I mistaken, or are these teams able to buy unlimited tickets while shopping around for the quickest connections? It seems like at least one team was booking tickets on at least two, and I believe more, flights.

Can someone clue me in to what limits they face, other than booking economy seating?
    I also found it interesting that C & M were fixated on this one flight, and didn't even bother checking other flights. If I am not mistaken, they can buy as many tickets on different flights as they want.

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by Broadway
    It is never okay to interrupt...
    Sure it is, at least in game with $1,000,000 at stake.

Quote Originally Posted by AIWANNABE
    If I had a slow partner, being they are fat, have a handicap, or just plain old slow, I would be doing the exact same thing. It's a million dollars we are talking about here. Though this encouragment Mirna gives Charla may not really make Charla run faster it is basically a habit. I think every team says to their partner at one time, "run faster", "hurry up", etc.

If Charla didn't like all this encourgment she could just say 'stop talking' like many other teams have done in the past. I think she is strong enough of a person to say that.

Encourgment, Yes. Rudeness, No.
    Again, it's all a personal preference. If I had a handicap and couldn't run any faster than I was... someone constantly saying "run faster" would in no way, shape, or form be encouragement.

Quote Originally Posted by Leftcoaster
    Once they were on the waiting list, why weren't they checking out other options?

I thought it was explained that they can only BUY one set of tickets, but they are certainly free to get on as many waiting lists as possible.

There were a number of teams two weeks ago that hurried and bought tickets but then found out that there was a quicker flight on a different airline. They specifically said that they were screwed because they couldn't buy a new pair of tickets.

Captain of the World
    When booking a full fare economy class ticket it is fully refundable. That is why they do it. It is when you by discounted tickets that you cant trade them in. So whatever ticket they don't use CBS gets the money back.

I believe that is what I was told. Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Never Play Leap Frog With A Unicorn

+ Reply to Thread