+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Bob & Joyce

Quote Originally Posted by tokimeki
    This team makes wise choices and they know what tasks they are good at. You can see they have no problems at taking the dogs, unlike all the other teams who have troubles on finding ways. These group's sense of direction is great
    And they know how to stay calm under stress. Aside from the fact that they actually like dogs, which is important, I think the main reason they completed that task so well was that they weren't getting all stressed out...which any idiot should realize would stress the dogs out, too. When Alison started yelling at Donny as soon as she had the dogs hooked up to her, I thought, "This is not going to go well."
    Seeking form amidst the void.

But if that's not possible, gimme a Margarita...shaken, not stirred...and hold the salt, please.

Aw. That is such a wonderful story. I hope they go far in the game but they have thier age going against them. Im kind of rooting for Alyson and Donny because she was on Big Brother 4 and thats my favorite reality show!
    Ever noticed that everybody wants to be somebody, but nobody wants to grow?

Why is 'if' the middle word in life?

Whenever anyone says "I can't," it makes me wish he'd get stung to death by about ten thousand bees. When he says "I'll try," five thousand bees. ("I can," one bee.)

- Jack Handey

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    I think they did exceptionally well out there, even though I don't love them but I don't hate them. The dog walking was obviously the idiotic choice out of the 2 choices but they completed it with a smile on their face. Even with them doing it well, they still were I think 8th after finishing it and they still managed to be in the top half, which is great and I them

Quote Originally Posted by Leo
    I think Bob and Joyce could well slip under the collective radar and do very well. They seem to be reasonably competitive physically, and more importantly they work extremely well together from what we've seen so far. Getting ahead in TAR is less about completing tasks quickly but more about making less mistakes than the other team.
    I couldn't agree more. They make wise choices, and make them together. They offer support and encouragement, instead of wasting time and energy bickering. They seem less concerned with "omg what are the other teams doing" or going into panic mode (ahem - twins, chip and kim, allison & donny) and more concerened with focusing on the task at hand, and enjoying themselves along the way. I predicst #3 finish for them (or better??? - one can hope). Slow and steady wins the race. If not, above all the others, they will have found themsleves in the midst of an "amazing journey" () they will cherish. They are keepers, no doubt.
    Love many, trust a few, and always paddle your own canoe

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Such a sweet team. I love them.

And I loved the kiss that Bob gave Joyce before the left the pit stop after they had read the clue.

I would love to see them win, though I know that my hopes are a long shot.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I love them, too. In fact, there are several teams I'm liking so far this season: Bob & Joyce, Linda & Karen, Chip & Kim, Charla & Mirna. Still unsure about Jim & Marsha. I love him, but she seems mean-spirited sometimes. I liked Dennis and Ericka, too, and was sorry to see them eliminated.

TV Fanatic Snake Champion baskiddball's Avatar
    Well I think they are under the radar but I can't see them in the more physical challenges that well probably see, them going to near the end. No matter how much people dont want it to be, age is an issue and who knows if they can last. However they are very smart and can bounce by quick when they are behind. WHo knows? They can be surprises and maybe even finish in the top half. A top three finish? Who knows, there arent many physically fit or appearing to be teams. I think in the times where the tasks werent too hard its good for tgeams like them for ali and doni and dennis and erika to be eliminated. Most of the other teams are in the same boat as they are. So they do have a chance to make it far.

I really love this team. They have shown me what love and smarts can do in this race. However, the first couple of legs ahve been heavily based on the team'm needing to be smart, rather than just physical challenges. If the race changes moods, then I'm not sure if this team can make it much farther. Then again, Bob did carry 50 pounds of meat.

I loved how this team managed the dogwalking task--I think it really helps if you love dogs, which they did, and it showed. The dogs were so adorable, and being a doglover myself, if I were there I'd have taken the time to pet and even hug those little cuties.

I love to watch this team because as cynical as I am,there is something sweet about the way they encourage each other. It makes me all warm and fuzzy.

Can't take a good day without a bad one
    Don't feel just to smile until I had one
    Where did I learn?
    I make a fuss about a little thing
    The rhyme is losing to the riddling

+ Reply to Thread