+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 28 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: Alison & Donny

Overall, i expect this team will do well. Donny we hardly know at all. Allison we know quite well from BB4, & most viewers will be hoping this team will stumble for an early exit.

However, Allison is a very good reality tv show contestant, being shrewd, focused & competitive with a little bitchiness thrown in. The key here is teamwork & how they will function together in completing tasks. If they have any degree of teamwork at all & if Donny is at least 1/2 as competitive as Allison is then i think this team will be very successful this season in advancing far along.

Anachronism before Noon Cat Bowling Champion Anemic Dog's Avatar
    Let's just hope there's a leg of AR3 in Cuba, and someone sends the Cubans a tape of Alison and that insufferable Jun spouting their racist garbage.

I don't think I will enjoy this show until Alison and Donny are eliminated.

Here's all I need to know about Donny:

1) He stayed with Alison after she all but completely emasculated him in public.

2) He was an extraordinary wide receiver in high school, recruited by several division I colleges and thought to be a genuine pro prospect.

3) He proceeded to annoy his coaches at Pittsburgh by refusing to learn his playbook, and playing as if he were terrified of opposing defenses. He went from highly-touted recruit to the bottom of the depth chart in one year.

4) He then transferred to a small college where he could presumably play with competition that didn't have his physical skills and defenses that couldn't hurt him.

In short, while I wouldn't question Alison's desire (she's not that bright, but she makes up for it by being stubborn and flirty), Donny will curl up in the fetal position the second things get tough.
    Passing over to the Dark Side

All I can say "Donny" I think the only worthy guy in this cast

ANother thing, why does she get another shot on a reality tv show, where there are literally thousands who want a first shot?

He activates my yummy!!!! yourefired's Avatar
    I can't believe we have to subjected to another summer of that whining b*tch. Just when you thought it was safe to turn on your tv set again, here she is back in your face!

Is anyone else surprised that Donny is still with her after the way she acted in the BB house?

I just hope this is the first team eliminated. If not, it may make one of my favorite shows hard to watch!
    Geisha Ninja Sparkle Dance
    Twirling Ninja Sparkle Dance

Quote Originally Posted by lalol
    I didn't watch BB too, but I heard a lot of negative comments about them so I guess they are going to be annoying.

She'll be right up there with Flo before it's all said and done! Trust me. I watched BB4 so I know the pain that is Allison Erwin!

Quote Originally Posted by Liant
    Overall, i expect this team will do well. Donny we hardly know at all. Allison we know quite well from BB4, & most viewers will be hoping this team will stumble for an early exit.

However, Allison is a very good reality tv show contestant, being shrewd, focused & competitive with a little bitchiness thrown in. The key here is teamwork & how they will function together in completing tasks. If they have any degree of teamwork at all & if Donny is at least 1/2 as competitive as Allison is then i think this team will be very successful this season in advancing far along.
    Except that TAR relies on more than competitiveness or stubborness. You have to be able to plan. To think on your feet. Competitiveness may keep you in the middle of a pack (and yes, that CAN be enough to win later on), but if that's true than a team like A&D would mostly feature them following (or teaming up with) a more intelligent team. And them occasionally following someone, leech-like, instead of thinking something through themselves.

Allison will be hated by the other teams but I think she will do well. She is resourceful and manipulative. She looks to be in good physical shape and will certainly "wear the pants" on her team. Donny is the wildcard.

Someone else here made a good point. Having Alison on TAR has made people talk. They definitely achieved the goal of getting someone interested.

I, however, think they could have achieved the same effect by having a "surprise" return of an old favorite team from one of the previous TAR seasons. Don't reveal it until premiere night. That would get people talking too.

With all due respect to everyone's differing opinions, I think that TAR and BB are two totally different games. There are different stratagies that go into playing each game. I am an avid fan of both shows. Ali was definately not the MOST likeable person in BB history but there are more hated players. IMHO I think that some of Ali's "personality traits" were her playing the game. Yes some were her true colors. I will give her the benefit of the doubt and see how she plays this game. There are a whole new set of rules and stratagies.

Thanks, reality_junkie, for pointing that out. I think I'll retract my opinions for now and, following r_j's lead, give them the benefit of the doubt. People change.

+ Reply to Thread