+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 28 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: Alison & Donny

I think it is a good idea to have Allison on this show for one reason. Bring viewers from Big Brother over to watch her. This show needs viewers and if it brings a few more in I think it is a great idea. Hopefully Donny drops a few zingers in at her expense so its enjoyable.

The thing about Alison is that, in confessional, she'd talk about how much she missed Donny and then we'd see her, through the night vision cameras, fooling around with Nathan. It just seemed like what she said and what she did were two completely different things. So...maybe she'll grow up, but.

I think this team will stay around longer than we're comfortable with.

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Shayla
    The thing about Alison is that, in confessional, she'd talk about how much she missed Donny and then we'd see her, through the night vision cameras, fooling around with Nathan. It just seemed like what she said and what she did were two completely different things. So...maybe she'll grow up, but.

I think this team will stay around longer than we're comfortable with.

Its like having to go to the dentist each week....till they are voted off

Well..here's my take. Alison is a horrible human being. Although her portrayal on the show seemed bad, her behavior on the live feeds was even worse. She's a vulgar, mean-spirited, nasty woman. We did not get to see much of Donny, but based purely on Alison's behavior in front of millions of TV watchers and Donny's obvious abilitiy to take her back after it, makes him either very, very naive or head over heels in love. Either way, I feel sorry for him. My prediction is that we'll see Alison lie, cheat, manipulate and con her way through this race and stop at absolutely NOTHING to win. I won't be the least bit suprised to see them in the top 3.

Although I'm obviously not a fan of this team, I have NO DOUBT that CBS knows exactly what they're doing. If I have to suffer through one season that makes me slightly uncomfortable, it will be a small sacrifice to ensure the success and longevity of The Amazing Race.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    I think it is a good idea to have Allison on this show for one reason. Bring viewers from Big Brother over to watch her. This show needs viewers and if it brings a few more in I think it is a great idea. Hopefully Donny drops a few zingers in at her expense so its enjoyable.
    You know Clipse, I hadn't really thought of it in that way.

But I agree! If it does help the ratings and extend the life in any way of this fabulous show, I'm all for it.

I just hope it doesn't end up back-firing because people are turned off so much by them.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

He describes himself and Alison as "both good looking, outgoing and extremely competitive."
    This comment really turned me off.
    “In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders don’t vant to be general.” Sasha Pivovarova

Quote Originally Posted by Clipse
    Hopefully Donny drops a few zingers in at her expense so its enjoyable.
    From what I recall of him, Donny doesn't have "zingers" in him. He's definitely the lesser partner, wit-wise.

I don't know about fans of BB4 being lured in by Allison, this will be my first Amazing Race because of all the favorable references to the show by FORT posters.

When I found out Miss self-centered was going to play the game with the dim-witted Donny goofus I still decided to watch. (in spite of them)

Make no mistake Allycat will not go down easy.

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    AHHHHHHH the Pimp and his Whore taking a trip together, renting her out for a free ride will get them places faster

Embracing the Inner Geek museumguy's Avatar
    I am reminded of the show....foxes rip off of the Amazing race where people were dropped clueless with out money in the middle of no where...and the one team made money with the lady all but dancing topless for both Russian and Japanese businessmen...

ally should have been on that show....the amazing race is too classy for her.....

+ Reply to Thread