+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Flo's posts on TWoP

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Originally posted by fluff
    I can understand Flo wanting to have her say when she was reading comments about herself, but I do think she was rather foolish to post the messages on the board.
    Definitely!

I also don't think it was a very wise move to insult the forum users by saying they were people with nothing better to do!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Miss Maddy
    I didnt realise either that the TAR4 contestants are posting here? or have I assumed too much and only Teri has posted at FORT?

So far, we have Teri/Ian, Michael/Kathy, and Ken/Gerard who have posted here. But I know that Dennis/Andrew, John Vito/Jill, Aaron/Arianne, and Tramel/Talicia have at least visited in the past as well.

So far, no one from TAR4 that we know of, although maybe they're lurking around. I sure hope so.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Originally posted by BravoFan
    I also don't think it was a very wise move to insult the forum users by saying they were people with nothing better to do!
    Yeah, but given how nasty some of TWoP were, I thought they deserved some of their own medicine.

Sleeping with George W
    Originally posted by Tuluminous
    [BAs an experiment, several of you should register there and see how long it takes for you to have a run-in with a petty tyrant. So sad![/B]
    RANT WARNING

I've been registered and posting on TWoP for some time and have never had a bad experience. Yes, it's an extremely snarky board, but that's what it's made for. It's called Television WITHOUT Pity. It's made for snark. However, they have very tough rules, which I think is great. You are allowed to say anything you want about people on shows, but you are not allowed to flame other posters. Period. Her posts were probably deleted because she was flaming the other posters.

TWoP has a huge registered membership, so they need tough rules and tough mods. For example, they demand that you use their conventions on quoting, etc., and that you not post several messages in a row. I think it's their way of keeping some sense of order, and I like it.

FORT is by far my favorite message board. But I do go to TWoP when I just want to be my snarkiest ... and I'm a kitty cat compared to the folks over there I like going there because you don't have to suffer through Christi or Flo or Hilde's mommy coming on to berate you about your insensitivities.

People who go on TWoP to defend people on TV are in for a bad time, and I think they should be! It's NOT a fan site, and they make that crystal clear in their on site documentation.

All these people asked to be celebrities. But they want it to be all bouquets and rave reviews. Sorry, but you can't have your cake and eat it too.

Even movie stars are "edited" in their performances. They are directed and edited and they cannot cry and whine when their crappy movie comes out with their crappy performance and say "BUT my best scenes were edited out!" They have to suck it up and realize that cruel criticism is simply part of what they've opted in to.

Sorry for the rant. I'm just sick to death of people who can't understand what television boards are all about. Yes, Flo, that means you!

Eden, I totally agree with you. Even though I don't much care for the style of TWoP personally, I realize there are a lot of people who do, and that's cool. There are plenty of forums out there, and every single one has a "personality". If you don't fit with the one you're on, try another.

Some people, I'm sure, can't stand our site, and more power to 'em. It doesn't bother me in the least. As long as they don't come here and try to make our site into their own vision.

I show my dislike for some forums by staying away from them, or by just lurking (unless that peeves me off too much).

I've never heard of TwOp before. This board is all I need plus I don't have time to check out other boards anyway. Ducky's board is the only other one that I'm registered at.

But I agree that each board has it's personality, and you choose the ones you want to participate or ignore. Some people like TWOP or it wouldn't have that many members, as Eden stated. It makes no sense to me when people talk bad about other boards. If a person doesn't like it, then they should just stay away from it, instead of talking trash about it.

And to stay on topic, I, for one, would've loved to hear what Flo had to say. Yes, she wasn't that well liked here because of the way she acted on the show, but we only knew the Flo in the show. She's probably a great person when not in a stressful situtation. Who knows?

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree with John 100%!

I've also come to realize that when people are banned from or had posts deleted on boards it is generally with very good reason.

I love the FORT and while I lurk other places at times to see if there's anything else happening of interest, I have no interest in posting elsewhere.

I like the intelligent conversation here at the FORT and the hysterical, unique and creative features and writing that is unmatched anywhere on the Internet.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

As far as I can gather the flo posts were deleted for 2 reasons
    1)She opened up a new thread to send her message from
    a factor looked badly upon by TWOP admin

2)She flame the other posters calling them idiots and stuff this is also looked badly upon by TWOP admin

Very likely, JanAgro. TWoP has pretty strict rules on their forums, and if Flo broke them, the posts deserved to be deleted just as with anyone else.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast