+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Comments and thoughts on Flo & Zach Winning

Hi Jarrett,

I was really disappointed that Flo and Zach won.
    I would have liked it to have been Ken and Gerard.

You're right though, you can't win everything.
    So congrats to Flo and Zach anyway.
    "That's Numberwang!"

A Question Of Balance... Zdorama's Avatar
    Ha Ha!

Yeah,Ducky's more on the target-the school princess's best friend with the secret crush on her!

Re-watched episode 3 and I think you're right-at that time it DID seem like tables were the other way around... That time Zach left Flo under the bridge straddled between two boats and she had to yell "DUDE!", Zach was off in his own world, while her voice overs did indicate a possible exploration into romance...

I was under the impression that Zach did all the roadblocks as well, but my brother just reminded me that she sold the snails ("escargot") in Morocco.

By the way, hello everyone.

Oh.. I'm sorry, BravoFan. I didn't realise you posted about Flo doing the snails roadblock already.
    Last edited by tash; 12-20-2002 at 11:16 PM.

I was disappointed that Flo and Zach won as well but its something that cannot be altered. They were the first to get a taxi and the first to arrive at the finish line and therefore, they won the money fair and square.

I would've preferred Jill and John Vito, Ken and Gerard or Teri and Ian, but I agree with both of you that you can't win everything.

i would have like ken and gerard to win it~~
    they are great guys~always with a great sense of humor~
    tash n jarrettmac
    tash, are you really from brunei? didn't know brunei tv station broadcast amazing race~

As I recall without bothering to check, the title for Episode 3 was "You always just forget about me", and it was Flo saying it to Zach.

Welcome, Tash! Don't worry about re-mentioning it...It's true, and she did a good job, which was a little odd at the time.

I bet Zach was happy just to get a few minutes away from her to relax.

And that she did that roadblock before she flirted with the twins! During the beggining of the race, she was quite okay, quite motivated, but as it progressed her true colours revealed. Notice that when she is with the twins, she doesn't put up her childish behaviour, but after the twins were eliminated, she treated Zach like ________(fill in the blank)
    All good things come to an end.

Hello springkey Yeap, I really am from Brunei. In fact, I was born and bred here. Hehe. Our Brunei TV station does not broadcast The Amazing Race but we watch it on AXN Asia, which is a channel we can get on our own version of cable tv.

Thanks, John! I agree with you: she definitely did a good job with the roadblock. If I remember correctly, she actually finished selling her bowls of snails before the one of the twins did.

william8686, she was actually quite nasty to Zach even before the twins were eliminated, for example, the little incident in the cab in Vietnam in which she blamed him for slowing them down. I think the reason why she treated Zach quite badly in the second-last leg of the race was that she was frustrated with herself for not being able to do either the boats or the bikes. I don't think she's a person who handles stress, pressure and her emotions well and it's easier for her to take out all her anger at someone else than at herself.

Personally, I think Flo does deserve the money she and Zach won. After all, although she threatened to give up and nearly did, she pulled through and they still managed to cross the finish line first. I have to say that I was astonished she just didn't give up and quit the race when she felt she couldn't take it anymore. She does deserve her share of the money for that reason.

+ Reply to Thread