+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst 123456789 LastLast

Thread: Comments and thoughts on Flo & Zach Winning

I was wondering about this (and I am not trying to take away from their win, I am actually curious). I THINK the directions said you HAD TO get your tickets from a travel agent in the twon before getting on the train. They got tickets, but they were worthless. The ones they used they got in the twon with the airport. Yes, they had them before entering the airport, but I still think they got them in the wrong place. I find it interesting.
    I am about to go write my recap so will be watching again. I guess I'll know for sure what the clue said after I rewatch
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Cali, I wouldn't see a problem with it. They actually DID get tickets in the town they were supposed to, they just traded them for tickets they could actually use later. Now, if they had said "screw it, we'll just jump on the train with no tickets and play it by ear" then I think we'd have a problem.

Yeah, I see your point. The clue didn't say you had to get the tickets you would use

On the morning show the interviewer said something about Karma being good to Zach. Zach blew it off, but I tend to agree!

FORT Newbie
    I had an impression that Flo had a thing for Zach more than the other way round at the beginning of the show. I think it was when they were leaving the castle in Scotland and Flo was talking a bit about their relationship. She sounded like she was really into it and Zach didn't seem like he was as interested. I guess I was wrong about this. They're very close though and Zach is very aware of Flo's needs most of the time. Like before they did the rappelling, Zach was commenting that Flo is going to freak out when she she see's it's like this (90 degrees angle). He knew her very well.

Well - instead of Judd Nelson in The Breakfast Club, Zach was more like Duckie from Pretty in Pink! Though Flo as spoiled princess Claire seems pretty apt.

Cali,
    They had to have tickets to enter the airport is what the clue said. They did have tickets to get in the airport. They just did not use those tickets for the flight. I thought that was pretty smart after all.
    It occurred to me that no matter how bleak things might seem at times, at least I have a head. ----Stargazer

And a fast cab.

Lawdog!

You're right, I think that Zach is the most deserving person. The poor guy had to put up with God knows how much bullshit, day & night, night & day, hour after hour, minute after minute!

Just wondering, did Flo actually Do any of the roadblocks? Can someone remember what she did? I just remember Zach doing ALL of the roadblocks.

Pay: After seeing Flo and Zach last night I'm convinced this race was fixed from the getgo. Come on, they are given two chances to go on after coming last two times. Last night's little round boat ride convinced me these two are related to the producer or someone at CBS. The rules were one person in one little round boat - period. What happens? These two are allowed to get some fisherman to row them over to the marker!!! Especially after Flo tried the heavy loaded bike and boat and failed at both. The other contestants didn't take the little round boat because it was obvious this would be tough to row. Am I the only one that thinks this is
    Welcome to the board. There were some troubling discrepancies, Pay. Too bad CBS doesn't see fit to post the rules and regs and clues before each televised leg of the Race. I keep wondering why Zach just didn't have Flo hold on to his round boat. This would have created a much more navigable figure "8" hull which he could have rowed with one paddle. The force required for Flo to keep in tow would have been so minimal that even she could have done it. Question for you, et al: How did Zach call a travel agent from the train? Does Vietnam have "directory service/1411" in English? Where did he get the number? Very suspicious. TAR3's ending was sickening.

I rewatched the first half to write my recap and noticed that Phil said "Teams have to find a way to get the bike/boat to the next clue" While teams were reading it seems like they read pedal/row, but that isn't what Phil said. I assume it was because all teams received penalties, and they didn't feel like putting that in the show. We would not have known from watching, because we never know what time they arrive, untill we see them leave. Then, I at least, assume they arrived 12 hours prior.

Interesting question about the phone call. Could be that the tickets had the travel agency phone number on it, and he called them asking for a branch or another agency in the city they were going too

Am I happy with the winners?

I guess I`m glad that Flo and Zack won. I would have preferred Derek and Drew, if not them, then Teri and Ian, but I guess you can`t win everything.
    No soup for you
    --Soup Nazi

+ Reply to Thread