+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: News articles about the Final 3

Articles on other sites

I'm going to include some links and snippets from other sites, so we can get the full effect of what's happened.

http://www.elitestv.com/NewsPub/Stor...402921299.html

Putting the RACE in DISGRACE

Then Flo said she always thought a woman would win, but she didn't expect to be the first. Well, join the club Flo. AR has never been thought of as a woman's show, and Flo will do nothing to change that image. Flo fulfilled negative stereotype after negative stereotype about women and how they behave. She emasculated Zach for leg after leg, finally dumping him altogether when she found a new, hunkier boy toy. She was barely able to compete in any physical or mental competitions. When she was not screeching, she was sobbing. On a good day, she was ineffectual and harmless. On a *miraculous* day, she actually helped out. When she is compared to the strong, patient, skilled, productive women who excelled in the past, such as Margarita, Emily and Nancy, Mary, Paige, Jill, Teri, her being the first woman to get to the million is depressing beyond words.
    http://www.tcpalm.com/tcp/tv_radio/a...619537,00.html

Palm City couple places second in 'Amazing Race'

After a series of frantic foot races and cab rides within view of the Space Needle in downtown Seattle, Palm City residents Ian and Teri Pollack on Wednesday night clinched second place on the CBS reality series "Amazing Race 3."
    I should note on the article above, it mentions that Teri & Ian will be doing a live chat on that site at 1pm Eastern on Monday.

http://www.cbsnews.com/stories/2002/...in533530.shtml

Race Win 'Amazing' For Flo And Zach

What separated the winners from the other teams was "blind luck" said Zach. Several times Flo, with tears in her eyes, made it clear she wanted to quit and Zach was also tempted to give in.

Elitestv have hit the nail on the head.

Flo does nothing to inspire any female to take up the challenge of the race.
    Her win has set the race back in my opinion.
    It now looks as though you can win this race with only one person competing in the team.

It's depressing that she shpuld be the first feamle to win the race in the way that it was depressing for Vee to be the first African American to win Survivor.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I have a question.. Why is the fact that Vee was the first African American to win survivor so depressing?? That's the dumbest thing I have ever heard.
    Carey

It's depressing to me because I don't think she played the game well.
    I would have rather seen Nick be the first African American to win.
    That is an historical title that I would have felt happier that someone who I felt played a better game had won.

It's just my personal opinion, but I think many people would agree that they weren't happy with Vee winning.

Please don't be so rude.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Cajro, because she made it seem like she was chosen by God to win, and that the others were chosen by God to lose.

It was her divine right to win the million dollars...

Which of course is ludicrous. That's why she's so depressing as a choice to represent the first African-American to win the show. It tainted her win, just as Flo will forever taint Zach's win of TAR.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I agree with Fluff's first post 100%.

Flo winning is just simply disgraceful, and is a HORRID example of a women winning.

It was simply unwatchable to see Jill standing on the sidelines as Flo finished that race.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

LG.
    Flo has certainly surpassed Vee as least deserving winner of a major reality tv show. Vee got lots of flack for flying under the radar and just sliding by to victory while getting Kathy out of the final vote, but Flo quit. She totally pissed and moaned her way around the world and spoiled the adventure of a lifetime for Zach. Vee was the first survivor to win after coming from the underpowered tribe at the merge, and say what you want about her being InVEEsible, Flo would have gotten her ass booted out faster than Lindsey can ride her bike naked across a parking lot. Zach is some type of superhuman who has the Energizer Bunny's stamina and more empathy than Mother Theresa, who probably would have told Flo to shut up and quit your whining instead of coaxing her to take the next step like Zachy did.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Great post LG.
    I couldn't agree more.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I didn't watch that survivor had only seen the results on a news show, so that is why
    I had asked the question.
    Carey

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Yes, Flo had absolutely no right to stand on that finish mat. Zach had to race around the world with a 100 dead weight (that shrieked the whole time) attached to his hip --- sorry, but for me that wouldn't be worth $500,000 ($300k post Uncle Sam)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast