+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: The Amazing Disgrace.

you know, i only watched the finale in its entirety, so i didn't have to suffer through all the flo moments with the rest of you. i have been flipping back and forth over the last couple of weeks, so i realize flo has acted like a brat in the past.

that being said...

if zach's performance last night is indicative of his past patience over the course of the show, then i'm fine with him getting the million bucks. i do agree that he should have the WHOLE million as he had to carry his partner, but i'm glad he won. it's just bittersweet that flo had to win as well in order for zach to achieve victory.

i think i'm crushing on zach now. could be out of pity!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Fluff you took the words right out of my mouth!

I think this was the absolute MOST exciting Finale of ANY show I've ever seen with the absolutely most disappointing outcome I've ever seen. Such emotions all wrapped up in one (2-hour) episode.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Re: The Amazing Disgrace.

Originally posted by fluff
    Flo has left the impression that the Race can be won by one member of the partnership showing dogged determination in the face of almost constant verbal abuse.

Zach was at times, figuratively and literally without a partner as Flo publically berated him then left him altogether to take up almost permanent residence at Drew's side.
    Fluff, you summed it up very nicely! I agree with everything you've said.

I'm not dissapointed that Zach won, but I wished he had won with a different partner. Zach deserves every bit of the million dollars because he was the only one that ran that race. He was patient, had good navigation skills, and never gave up even with the constant berating from Flo. He had to drag Flo kicking and screaming all the way to the finish line!!!

Zach must have super-human patience because I would not have been able to restrain myself, even though, I'm a pretty patient person.

Ahh, Fluff... should I just repeat what everyone else has said? This is a fantastic peice of writing.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Thanks cali.
    Thanks to everyone for their positive comments
    "That's Numberwang!"

Originally posted by shersidhe

i think i'm crushing on zach now. could be out of pity!
    Me too!

Very nice analysis fluff
    In Rrrussia, vee have proverb: Only bad soliders dont vant to be general. Sasha Pivovarova

Turandot
    well written article!
    I personally cannot believe it is humanly possible to tolerate Flo for a single day, not to say the whole race. and they are still friends? what's wrong with Zack? I think Zack deserves the whole one million dollars and extra cash from Flo for all the emotional trauma she put him through.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Welcome to the FORT Turandot!

Hope you stick around and read our TAR interviews and articles!
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Last night I kept saying to myself "Zach deserves a medal". My god. By the time it was over I actually wanted them to win so Zach wouldn't go home empty handed. Have you ever seen a more patient person? The next time he goes for a job interview he should bring a tape of that final episode. "Why yes ma'am, I react well under pressure, I deal well with irrationally irate people, I have great team spirit, I can lead when necessary as well as do what I'm told...and I have the footage to prove it." Great job Zach. Poo poo Flo, my ears are still bleeding.
    Im haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

FORT Newbie
    I have to say that the finale was one of the most emotional things that i have ever seen - and all the stress that zach went through in the first hour was what made it more sweet for him to win in the end - i cried for the first time in over 10 years when the two of them came across the hill and towards the finish line.

I dont think that its a bad thing in how it ended - i think that it was a very powerful ending and one that i will be able to be motivated from -

Zach was part of a team with Flo and she was drained - the show had taped from April until September when it was ending - 4 - 5 months on the road - in strange places, always being competitive - its very draining - and in this case, it happened to be Flo that got caught up in it -

I really wanted the wonder twins to win, and then Ken and Gerard - but after the first hour of the finale - i was really pushing for Zach and Flo - it was very motivating - and an excellent example of how teams work sometimes with only one piston firing - it was the perfect ending, to the best of the 3 seasons so far -

I dont have a bitter taste from it - i do think that you were very well spoken though Fluff

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast