+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Our Interview with Derek and Drew

LG.
    Great interview. Thanks to Derek and Drew for taking the time to talk to us. My favorite part:
    If Flo hadn't helped out the Brothers, we'd all still be living in Ho Chi Minh city right now.
    Um, fellows, I don't Phil would have let you wander there forever, as eventually even the Guido were let off the hook.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Mdrio, CBS calls me at my appointed time (12:30pm Eastern) each Thursday, and I speak to them on the phone for approximately 15 minutes. I record the whole thing, and then transcribe it as soon as I hang up the phone. The whole process takes about 45 minutes. Today, they pushed the interview back to 2:30, and sometimes they move it up.

Next week, I will speak to all 3 teams, for 15 minutes each, back to back, at 12:30pm. So all 3 interviews should be up by 2pm or so. And we're still working out a time and day for the Phil interview, but it'll be next week as well.

The mods all help with questions...

FORT Newbie
    This is a stressful, physical situation so I doubt Flo is like that totally in real life (otherwise Zak probably wouldn't have agreed to do the trip). So I don't want to totally trash her and she is probably feeling a little embarrassed now. But a mellow guy would be good for her as Drew is to balance her out....

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Great interview! These guys are just too adorable, and it was such a bummer to see them go.

I was apalled early on at the "twin hunt" and glad to see they saw how ridiculous it was.

They seem to have a real sense of humor. I thought they ran the race with integrity and did a great job overall. It's not their fault they happen to be 2 strong, alpha males!

I'm sure Drew (and Zach too for that matter) will be perfectly fine and will have lots of women kicking his door down.

We'll certainly miss you. And thanks for taking time to do an interview with the FORT.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Princess
    Great questions John! As everyone else I loved the "medical treatment" one, brave asking it! Many thanks to you and D&D!!

Thanks for the interview John. I was a little wishy washy on whether or not I actually liked D&D. Then I realized, jeeze, they're not coming over for dinner tomorrow night or anything, who cares if I like them, I had a great time watching them! They worked just as hard as any other team, and I would have been just as happy to see them win as any of the other remaining teams. Good luck D&D in all your future endeavors.
    Iím haunted a little this evening by feelings that have no vocabulary and events that should be explained in dimensions of lint rather than words.
    -Richard Brautigan

Heidi, I agree that Flo's probably not like that 99% of the time in real life, the race definitely brings out the aspects of personality you only see in extreme stress. I hope she's embarassed by how she acted, though. I know I'd want to crawl under a rock and never come out. But it'll fade, and things will get better.

And on the bright side, she's apparently still in touch with Drew, and can maybe get on with her life with him after the light fades a little.

Welcome to the site!

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Welcome to the FORT Heidi

Actually I really hope Drew finds someone closer to his age and demeanor.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

and Welcome, Heidi!

I'm sure Flo is not like THAT all the time, but her behaviour during the race is so absurd. She was not the only one under stress. Zach had to be more stressed out having to concentrate on the race while putting up with the constant yelling from Flo.

Hopefully after seeing how horrible she was on TV, she'll change for the better. She must first help herself, instead of thinking that Drew can balance her life.

From the sound of his answer, it sounds like Flo is a bit embarrassed by her behavior. Overall a great interview as usual. They did give some good info about not always being first and making sure you weren't last. Just be first at the end.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast