+ Reply to Thread

Thread: DVD wishful thinking....

FORT Fan

DVD wishful thinking....

I sure wish they would put TAR (all seasons) on DVD. If the "Simple Life" could make it to DVD I would think the only Emmy winning reality show could make it. Would be sad to think that TAR only lives on VHS tapes and a vault at CBS.

FORT Newbie
    I fully agree with you. We should organize petitions to send in to CBS. I would be first in line to buy the dvd's. The Amazing Race needs more respect.

I don't think CBS likes DVD's. They haven't released DVD's for the Survivor seasons either, and that gets MUCH better ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I don't think CBS likes DVD's. They haven't released DVD's for the Survivor seasons either, and that gets MUCH better ratings.
    John, CBS is releasing the complete first season of Survivor--the Survivor: Borneo set will be on 5 DVDs, and will be out on May 11. See this link:
    http://www.tvshowsondvd.com/newsitem.cfm?NewsID=1290

Anyway, if CBS is starting to release Survivor season sets, then there's still hope for TAR DVD sets.

Well, they're only 7 seasons behind in releasing them. Nothing like being quick on the draw

I wouldn't mind TAR dvd's, but I'm not holding my breath.

Unfortunately, the fact that a full season of Survivor is finally being released on DVD has little bearing on the eventual fate of TAR on DVD.

Paramount holds the video rights to Survivor and the DVD is being released through them. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, but I believe Buena Vista Television (i.e. Disney) has the video rights to TAR.

CBS could very well want all their shows on DVD (to promote their ongoing series), but they don't have ultimate control over the situation.

FORT Newbie
    Also, don't forget that work is underway to premiere Reality TV as a new Cable channel. They wil need every episode of every reality TV show they can get to fill up time, and releasing episodes on DVD will cut down on the demand for such a channel.

Im the biggest TAR fan!
    It would definetly be great for CBS to make a DVD version of TAR
    However, if you really want it and CBS never realese it...you can always go to e-bay
    hehehe

+ Reply to Thread