+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILER*** TAR Spotted in filming

They announce the cast usually 2 weeks prior to the show.

FORT Fogey
    I'm excited can't wait for the new season!

FORT Newbie
    Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    So we have the final destinations

--------
    AUCKLAND, NEW ZELAND
    PALAWAN, PHILLIPINES
    CALGARY, CANADA
    DEVNVER, COLORADO, US
    Just a small clue, at least one of the real final destinations is missing from your list.

How is that a clue? I'm assuming that at least 7 final destinations are missing from that list, because if they only go to 4 places, it's gonna be a short race.

FORT Newbie

Another spotting

This was posted on another board that I read sometimes, dated Feb 11/04:

Today on my way back from a trip to St. Petersburg I noticed a film crew and did some investigating. I am certain that I spotted a taping of the Amazing Race.

I saw a team of two women (early 40s) travel on my flight from St. Petersburg to Frankfurt with a camera man, an audio man, and one other guy who I couldn't really figure out what he was doing. The flight left SPb at 6:55 AM and was destined for Frankfurt. I have no idea what they were doing in SPb, but they were at the depature gate when I got there (which was pretty early). This was the first flight out of SPb so they must have spent the night either at the airport or in the city. In the departure gate they were talking about bowling, so that might also be their "gimic" who knows.

The two women sat up near the front of the plane (the first row in economy). The camera man sat next to them, the audio guy was about two rows back from me near the back of the plane (I don't know where the 3rd guy was sitting). No taping happend during the flight (at least that I noticed). They did tape them boarding the plane however. Most of the crew slept for the flight.

In Frankfurt they ended up going to the same area I was which was a short "shuttle" train away. I was the only other passenger in the train besides the 5 of them and asked the camera man what they were doing, he replyed "filming a documentary". He didn't seem to interested in chatting so I left it at that.

They ended up following me to gate 41 (I was at gate 48). I noticed that that flight was going to Cario (via Greece I think). My flight had a 3 hour layover so I did some more snooping. When I went back to their gate (about 45 minutes later) I noticed another team arrive. This team was two young blond girls (early 20s). There was lots of hugs (including with the camera guys ).

I think I noticed another team of two males (early 30s) but I can't confirm. I only saw two crews but I didn't look that hard, and the gate was busy by that point.

A couple of points.
    [1] A lot of the stuff was "staged", with the "director" guy telling the team members were to stand to get good footage.

[2] An example of this was going down an escalator, the crew raced down to the bottom and then the ladies decended, ensuring a good take.

[3] I overheard the ladies talking while we walked to the gate. They said "I hope we win, but either way I have had a good time".

anyway, pretty interesting to run into them. My guess is this is a taping for the summer run. I will keep my eye out to see if I was in any shots.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Cairo...that agrees with Josh's statement

looks like its valid...but about 10 days before they go to auckland.

and to tickle...are you someone from this race?

so locations we know so far are

SPB, Russia ---- Feb 11
    Cairo, Egypt ---- Feb 12 (13?)
    |
    |
    Auckland, New Zealand ---- Feb 21
    Palawan, Phillipines ---- Feb 24
    Calgary, Canada ---- Feb 26
    Denver Colorado ---- Feb 27

I'm guessing the missing location tickle is Hong Kong on Feb 22 or 23
    Last edited by Sonic-TARmaniac; 03-19-2004 at 01:35 PM.

I'm really THAT Dave
    If I can throw in some thoughts here...

Quote Originally Posted by megge
    I saw a team of two women (early 40s) travel on my flight from St. Petersburg to Frankfurt with a camera man, an audio man, and one other guy who I couldn't really figure out what he was doing.
    Teams only travel with a crew of 2 - not 3.

The two women sat up near the front of the plane (the first row in economy). The camera man sat next to them, the audio guy was about two rows back from me near the back of the plane (I don't know where the 3rd guy was sitting). No taping happend during the flight (at least that I noticed). They did tape them boarding the plane however. Most of the crew slept for the flight.
    While not always the case, the crews generally sit together, and away from the teams. They almost always do some filming in-flight as well.

A couple of points.
    [1] A lot of the stuff was "staged", with the "director" guy telling the team members were to stand to get good footage.

[2] An example of this was going down an escalator, the crew raced down to the bottom and then the ladies decended, ensuring a good take.
    The single most telling point. Nothing in AR is 'staged' save the opening (where Phil says "go"). At no point is there a "director" travelling with any team(s). And never does a "director" tell team members "where to stand to get good footage". Camera crews may ask teams to move to a specific spot to take some shots, but this has nothing to do with the race - it is always done during the times you spend waiting, and is used only for filler.

And finally, while there were a great many purported "sightings" of us (TAR4) as we raced, the only one that was true was the one that occurred in Los Angeles on the way outbound - at LAX. (And there they only saw the last five teams!)

Dave

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    http://www.canoe.ca/NewsStand/Calgar...20/388992.html

CONFIRMATION ON CALGARY PIT STOP!!!

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    I read something on another mb tonight (not related to TAR at all) about claiming to know who one of the teams was. By the description of her and her boyfriend (seen her before, not him) it almost sounded like one of the final teams that was spotted during filming.

If the person who saw these teams saw her picture, I wonder if they could tell us if it's her or not (not sure how to post pictures or who originally saw the teams.)

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Okay, so my last post got confirmed on another message board, and they think it's the same girl who I was thinking of. Her name is Nicole O'Brian who was traveling with her boyfriend. She's a former Miss Texas Teen USA and Miss Texas USA and is an aspiring actress living in CA (last I heard, anyway.) Her boyfriend is the one with the curly hair and they were the couple that were being referred to as another Flo and Zach. I'd take this with a huge grain of salt until there's something more, though. She hasn't been confirmed by the person who actually saw the teams in the airport, but like I said she and her boyfriend match the description and she's rumored on the other board.

The other girl they were talking about on the Texas pageant boards was Christie Woods (she's the one I'd really take with a grain of salt, I think people just brought her name up out of thin air.) She's another former Miss Texas Teen USA and was Miss Teen USA 1996. It just seems weird they'd get 2 former TX beauty queens competiting on the same show with their boyfriends. Could happen though, I guess.
    Last edited by karalott; 03-26-2004 at 12:37 AM.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast