+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: ***SPOILER*** TAR Spotted in filming

Not that I disbelieve you but I HOPE it isn't true. I'd like to remain spoiler free about how the contestants do (but not about the destinations). I foolishly looked at the spoiler & regret it.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ravs
    Okay, call me an idiot but if they flew in NZ on the 21st and flew out on the 22nd (according to KiwiBelle and the subsequent spoiler posts at the other message forum), the teams were only in NZ for a day - possibly more than 24 hrs but less than 48 hrs. - Ain't that a bit short??

NEW ZELAND time

for us the 22nd was the 21st

so they wre there about 36 hours

and also a new spolier that American Film crews were spotted at a zorb place in New Zealand yesterday.
    -----

and about teh 3-4 teams thing

I remember Bertram or Elise saying that this time round they are making the course around the world less obvious...like instead of going one direction it might go west then east and west and north...to confuse and place viewers in suspense

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    so they wre there about 36 hours
    No. According to the post on the other board, 6 "teams" were seen arriving on the 21st between the hours of 11:00 am and 1:30 pm. Three of these "teams" were seen back at the airport the following day about noon.

Since the 3 teams that were seen the second day all arrived after 1:00 pm the day before, it was less than 24 hours.

Not impossible, but seems very short to me.

there were 2 days in between...They were spotted

Friday US -> Saturday Auckland (21st)
    left on Sunday US -> Monday Auckland (23rd)

2 days

and since they left Auckand noon on the 23rd, they probably were heading toward the Phillipines for the 24th via Hong Kong.

Quote Originally Posted by Sonic-TARmaniac
    there were 2 days in between...They were spotted

Friday US -> Saturday Auckland (21st)
    left on Sunday US -> Monday Auckland (23rd)

2 days

and since they left Auckand noon on the 23rd, they probably were heading toward the Phillipines for the 24th via Hong Kong.
    Re-read the posts on that other board.

First post, made on Friday 2/20 (Saturday 2/21 in Auckland) says "6 teams arrived at Auckland International Airport on February 21st....At approximately 11am, The first team arrived....At approximately 12pm the second team arrived....About an hour later team 3 arrived....Team 4 arrived not long after....Team number 5 ran right through the arrivals doors....The final team to arrive were...2.5 hours after the first team...."

Later post by same person, made on Saturday 2/21 (Sunday 2/22 in Auckland) says "Today, I was seeing off the same people who just arrived yesterday...and you will NEVER guess who were on the same flight. Three teams arrived at approx. 12pm, but I'm pretty sure there were earlier teams."

That's 1 day.

Actually somewhat less, since the 3 teams the poster saw on Sunday were the last 3 teams to arrive on Saturday.
    Last edited by LAGuy; 02-25-2004 at 01:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by LAGuy
    Re-read the posts on that other board.
    which board are we talking about?

is it legal for you to PM me the link?
    Last edited by Quinito; 02-25-2004 at 02:58 PM.
    Kick some ass...get some later...

I went looking and found all of this "NZ sighting stuff" on the other board. Quite interesting. Lots of details. The person claiming the sighting describes in fair detail the make-up of most of the 6 teams. Including BOTH first names of one team. I guess we'll see.

Really made me wish I was one of those lucky Racers scurrying around NZ!

Regarding the duration of their stay. There are plenty of reasons why they were only there for ~24 hrs.

(1) They could've already been near the end of a leg. So, they arrived, completed their last task, and headed to the Pit Stop. 12 hours later, their first clue directs them elsewhere, so back to the airport they go.

(2) They could've just started a leg, which directed them there. They arrived, spent the entire rest of the day/evening doing tasks, and just had to wait overnight to leave. Not a Pit Stop, just waiting to leave. That could be why 6 were seen arriving, and only 3 leaving. The other 3 could've got flights the previous night (what a nightmare that would be for the 3 trailing teams). Or, the 'missing 3 teams' could've just left earlier in the morning, or could be in another part of the airport. Or, they could be on the way to the airport still. Or, or, or, or, or.......!

(3) There are somewhat-rare occasions when entire legs last only a single day (or so).

(4) *sarcasm* This year the race includes 36 teams, and each Pit Stop 3 teams are eliminated. That's why 3 fewer teams were seen leaving. *end sarcasm*
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

ARRIVAL Auckland NZ -> 2/21/04 ----- 6 TEAMS
    DEPARTURE Auckland NZ 2/22/04
    ARRIVAL Manila, Phillipines 2/24/04
    DEPARTURE Manila, Phillipines 2/25/04
    ARRIVAL Calgary, Canada 2/26/04

Latest spot was Calgary Canada...I know they have their own TAR there, BUT film crews were spotted with the contestants...so...it could be a valid spolier

I want to know who this freak is reporting this stuff, who had friends fly into Auckland on Saturday, and left again on Sunday... How odd.

It's also very possible that this guy missed the rest of the teams coming in, and 100% sure that he missed at least some teams going out, so the fact that he only saw 6 teams doesn't mean anything except that there were at least 6 teams.

holy crap this seems so stupid to me. Sorry, I don't mean to offend anyone, but give me a break.

I hope that the teams go no where near NZ.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast