+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: I Like Them On Paper Pt 2

I Like Them On Paper Pt 2

OK, here's the rest of my list of how I feel about the teams... ON PAPER!
    I find it fun to have my favorites, then seeing how they turn out once I start watching. It is all in fun, Just seeing how I think I will like like them

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    Ken and Gerard

What is the most important item in your backpack, and why?
    Ken: My most important item is my "Just for Men" (medium brown) to dye my goatee (Vandyke). I turn white in a matter of days.

Already looking into doing endorsements apparently - 10

Have you and your partner traveled together before? If so, what was it like?
    Ken: We recently went to out cousin Annie's wedding in Michigan. We got lost traveling between the church and the reception.

Lost going from the church to the reception… I did that once, luckily that means they get + points for it +10

What will you miss the most from home (besides your bed)?
    Ken: My laptop computer and the vibe of NYC.
    Gerard: My wife and 2 kids (twins 2 1/2 years old).

One Misses his computer + 5 the other has twins +5… total here +10

What country do you feel best prepared for?
    Ken: All!

Kens READY, and I like that +5

Total “I like them on paper points”: +15

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

John Vito, 28, and Jill, 24

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    John Vito: My previous travel experience has been for either business or relaxation. The type of adventures we will encounter on this Race will be the opportunity of a lifetime.

traveled either for business or pleasure… -5 because I think that is a silly answer!

Jill: The most important item is not in my backpack, it is on my wrist. A few months after September 11th a charity organization sent family members of victims from the WTC silver bracelets with their loved one's name engraved on it. I've been wearing it ever since receiving it, and it is just one more way I feel close to my brother every day.

Damn Jill….you got some Awwww points there, and I say that sincerely +10

Why did you want to be on THE AMAZING RACE?
    Jill: I applied to the first season of THE AMAZING RACE with my brother, but never heard back. After losing him 9/11 in the WTC, I wanted to do the Race on his behalf and with his best friend. I know the reason JV and I have gotten this far is because we have my brother on our side, making this all possible.

Again, the awwww +10

What do you fear most about competing in THE AMAZING RACE?
    John Vito: My biggest fear would be a bad decision that would cause us to be eliminated. We are so excited to travel the world, and would be extremely disappointed if we didn't make it to the finish line.
    Jill: Losing.
    Honesty +5

What destination are you hoping to visit?
    John Vito: The finish line …1st.

+ 5

Total “I like them on paper points” : +25

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Dennis and Andrew

How would you describe your previous travel experience?
    Dennis: Above average. I have traveled outside the U.S. on six different occasions.
    Andrew: My travel experience has been limited to the U.S. I've been to many parts of the country, primarily for cheerleading competitions and family vacations, but haven't gotten to venture outside of our borders…yet.

Male cheerleader, I HAVE to give him points! +5

Dennis: Soap. It is important to stay healthy on a venture like this. Other than food, sanitation is the key to health. If you are not feeling well, nothing else matters.

Dennis gets, “He can prepare my dinner as his hands are clean ” Points +5

Andrew: My dad and I have traveled together within the states, but I'm an international virgin, so I'm prepared to travel with an open mind.

Lol, Andrew +5

Andrew: My biggest fear, period, is sharks, so of course I'm nervous I'll be asked to swim with them or something of that nature. "Jaws" is one of my favorite movies, so yah see, Hollywood does warp your mind.

LOL Andrew AGAIN to Hollywood warping your mind: +10

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Dennis: Andrew's strength is agility and charisma. There should be no physical challenge he can't complete, and he loves to interact with people. He never meets a stranger.
    These are all wonderful things to say about someone +10

Andrew: I've always wanted to go to Africa. I love the cultures there and the landscapes. I guess that's why my bedroom is very tribal, with leopard print and African masks.

ONLY BECAUSE I AM LOOKING TO GIVE AT LEAST ONE SET OF NEGATIVES PER TEAM:
    I have a feeling that has nothing to do with why you have animal prints in your room… -5 for perceived lying

Total “I like them on paper points” +30

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Michael and Kathy

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?

Kathy: Adjusting to different climates and time zones other than my "normal" seems to put me in a funk for a day or so.

Uh Oh “funk for a day or two, on a show where you are constantly changing time zones….. -5

Michael: My CD player and CDs. Music gives me power and can turn any mood I'm in into a good one.
    Kathy: My empty journal seems value-less right now, but once I am able to write about my travels, it will be the one item in my backpack that will be of worth to me. That, and my hairclip!

Michael: I'm a sucker for a free vacation.

Me Too, even if I have to sit through the 1 ½ hour “tour” to get it +10

Michael: Losing to a couple of squares.
    Squares Michael? Hmmmm…….. - 10

What strengths and weaknesses does your teammate bring to the Team?
    Michael: She brings salesmanship and a cute face to the Team. Men go out of their way to help her, and we'll use that obtaining directions and other help when needed. Like myself, she has no weaknesses.
    Geeeeee…. Not liking the cockiness, could prove to be OK if he can back it up without seeming like a jerk… right now –10

Kathy: Bali: I want to confirm all the hype. And any part of Europe, since I've never been.

What hype? Hoping she’ll explain to me +5

Total “I like them on paper points” -10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Teri and Ian have been married for 21 years.

Made it past the 20 yr mark +10

Ian: Dry socks, and underwear for if these items are dry, all else can be dealt with.

Well said Ian +5

Ian: There is nothing to fear but losing!

“There is nothing to fear but fear itself” Ian… again, because I’m LOOKING for something to give them negative points, I’ll pick on this! Misquoting -5

Teri: I will miss my children, Seth and Brandon. I will also miss the rest of my family.
    Ian: My two boys.

Because this is really the only acceptable answer from parents +10

What country do you feel best prepared for?

Ian: Anywhere the adventure takes me; I love adventure travel.

I like this answer +5

Total “I like them on paper points” +25

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Derek and Drew

What is the most stressful aspect of traveling?
    Derek: The most stressful aspect of traveling would be hygiene. I just hope to maintain a reasonable level of cleanliness and odor while on the Race. Otherwise, it is almost impossible for people to deal with you.

Gets points here, because cleanliness IS important! +5

Drew: It's a tossup between toothpaste, toothbrush, or dental floss. It's nearly impossible to communicate effectively with bad breath.

True that brother! Can’t have an affective conversation if your eyelashes are melting +5

Derek: I'm at a bit of a crossroads in my life, and this seems like an excellent way to discover new things about myself and what I am capable of. I also just got married, and this is probably the only time the rest of my life that I will get to spend this much time with my brother.
    Drew: I love the show, and I couldn't come up with a better excuse to spend this much quality time with my brother away from his wife after only two months of marriage. We haven't had a chance like this since he met his wife.

Hmmmm. Are they dissing the wife? Does she deserve it? Being a wife, I will say no -5

Derek: That somehow I am portrayed as someone other than the fun-loving, playful and intelligent male model that I am.

Because he is expecting great things from a reality TV show and gives me hope that not everyone is a pessimist +10

Derek: My wife. We have only been married a couple of months, so it was very hard to leave her to go on the Race.
    Drew: NASCAR.

Wife got them +5 but NASCAR got them –10 total for this answer –5

Total “I like them on paper points +10

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Recap of teams and their points:

1st: Tramel and Talicia +50
    2nd: Dennis and Andrew +30
    several ties now:
    3rd: John Vito and Jill +25
    .......Teri and Ian +25
    4th: Ken and Gerard +15
    5th: Derek and Drew +10
    ........Andre and Damon +10
    6th: Flo and Zach +5
    .......Heather and Eve +5
    7th: Gina and Sylvia 0
    8th: Mike and Kathy -10]
    9th: Aaron and Arrian -20

***************EDITED EDITED EDITED Had to take out a reference to tossing one's salad as my niave little self had no clue what I was saying!***********************
    Last edited by cali; 09-18-2002 at 08:28 AM.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Excellent stuff Cali

Ken: We recently went to out cousin Annie's wedding in Michigan. We got lost traveling between the church and the reception.

Lost going from the church to the reception… I did that once, luckily that means they get + points for it +10
    I can just imagine it cali

traveled either for business or pleasure… -5 because I think that is a silly answer!
    I agree

1st: Tramel and Talicia +50
    2nd: Dennis and Andrew +30
    several ties now:
    3rd: John Vito and Jill +25
    .......Teri and Ian +25
    4th: Ken and Gerard +15
    5th: Derek and Drew +10
    ........Andre and Damon +10
    6th: Flo and Zach +5
    .......Heather and Eve +5
    7th: Gina and Sylvia 0
    8th: Mike and Kathy -10]
    9th: Aaron and Arrian -20

Judging by this list Cali, it'll be T&T ousted early while A&A make it to the end
    "That's Numberwang!"

I know
    How very sad for me
    Either that or I'll just ADORE A&A and find T&T repulsive

LG.
    Very funny stuff, cali, but does this phrase mean the same thing in your neck of the woods that it does in the Midwest? OMG

Dennis gets, “he can toss my salad with his hands” Points +5
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

OMG! Cali, you are soooooo funny! I love your analysis. I also have to say that LG and I are on the same wavelength. While I was reading Cali's post I copied the exact same salad quote as her.

Brilliant job Cali.

not if it means the same as toss my cookies!

Thanks guys!

Edited to say AAAAAAACCCCCCCCCCKKKKKKKKKK I had no idea and have removed to refference
    Last edited by cali; 09-18-2002 at 08:29 AM.

Um, Cali, salad tossing is slang for....Oh, forget it. You can find it on the internet on sites you wouldn't let your kids visit

But, other than that, hilarious stuff! So, now we'll see how they compare on the show to your paper-points. I have a feeling at this point they'll match pretty close.

John

OK, I HAVE TO GO EDIT now as I have heard through the magic of PM's what Toss my Sald means ... I don't know WHY it means that... but.....
    shoot, dillems, do I edit making it look like you guys are talking about stuff that was never there? Wait, I'll explain my edit
    ***Nothing like talking to myself to figure out what to do ***

LG.
    Yes, people learning new things everyday here at the FORT. Glad we could be of service to you Cali.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

I'll never eat salad again!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast