+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: TAR5 start in feb?

Burnett cannot move Survivor. CBS owns the rights, and can actually produce the show without Mark if they choose.

The same would probably be true of TAR, but I know for a fact that it's true of Survivor.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    "For midseason, CBS has "Century City" (March 16), a legal drama set in the year 2053 and featuring Hector Elizondo, Nestor Carbonell and Ioan Gruffudd ("Horatio Hornblower"). It will take over the "Guardian" time slot for six weeks. The sitcom "The Stones," with Robert Klein and Judith Light, arrives March 17, replacing "Becker," which may finally be coming to the end of its run. (CBS won't order more episodes.) New editions of "Big Brother" and "The Amazing Race" will air this summer. "

Why couldn't TAR take over hte Guardian timeslot...Tuesday 9-10 PM would be good....

Just to hijack for a second - I love Ioan Gruffudd! Sounds like an interesting premise (at least to check out once anyway).

Hijacking over!

FORT Fan
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    Could? maybe. Would? No.

Bruckheimer has 3 top-10 shows on CBS. I think if they said "no more TAR, Jerry", he'd nod along merrily.

I may have to disagree. Jerry Bruckhimer likes TAR. He could "take his ball and go somewhere else" meaning take his shows elsewhere and leave CBS with only "Survivor". I saw CBS already renewed it for a 9th and 10th season.

I think I read that Survivor and TAR are about equal in production costs. Survivor has larger budgets and larger staffs while TAR has smaller staffs but they have to fly several hundred people around the world.

I'll disagree with you, rssrara, only because I know for a fact (from Les Moonves' lips) that CBS owns the rights to Survivor in perpetuity. They very likely own the rights to TAR. If Burnett decided he didn't want to do Survivor on CBS any more, he couldn't take it somewhere else, but CBS could produce the show without him if it chose to.

The same would almost certainly be true of Bruckheimer and TAR.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rssrara
    I may have to disagree. Jerry Bruckhimer likes TAR. He could "take his ball and go somewhere else" meaning take his shows elsewhere and leave CBS with only "Survivor". I saw CBS already renewed it for a 9th and 10th season.

I think I read that Survivor and TAR are about equal in production costs. Survivor has larger budgets and larger staffs while TAR has smaller staffs but they have to fly several hundred people around the world.
    What the hell?!
    Survivor only needs 10 sticks and food bidding stuff... That costs 10 million dollars?! NO WAY

IMO, with a budget that big, I'd suggest Burnett to do another season of Combat Missions... that show is sweet, gets viewers (as many as Survivor or more? I dunno ) But he's got all the stuff ( "toy" guns, helicopters, Camp Windstorm etc) and it's fun to watch That's just me 2 cents
    Last edited by John; 01-25-2004 at 10:23 PM.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

Whats combat missions?
    I rather lurk than post.

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ravs
    Whats combat missions?
    Based on military desert missions. Me and the majority of people in HK prefer it more than Survivor. Also Combat Missions features the old guy who looks like an aged version of Sting from Survivor One.
    READ THE ALL NEW AMAZING [STORY]RACE! (CLICK)
    "Good Morning Super Nintendo Chalmers!"-Ralph Wiggum, The Simpsons.

I just read a quote that says we might not see TAR5 until the summer of 2005, and is supposedly this is coming from CBS. I hope this is not true and I cannot imagine why CBS would do this but here is the link to the article if you haven't seen it.

http://www.realityreel.com/modules.p...rder=0&thold=0

I just hope this is a totally unreliable source that has thier information mixed up.

Do the Bartman! Sonic-TARmaniac's Avatar
    I saw that too... Giving a show a 2 year break? I think that is VERY unlikely.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast