+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS casting "Very hot athletic women"

CBS casting "Very hot athletic women"

this may interest some of you. I was told about a few weeks ago that the show had already been cast. Now we see that CBS is putting out a casting call for a pair of 'Very hot. Athletic females.' If I had to hazard a guess I'd say someone they cast probably fell through and they are rushing to get someone in the empty spot.
    I hate that they have to cast people through an agency though. I really prefer it when fans of the show get to do it.
    (blatantly copied and pasted from www.weezerandgeezer.com)
    Last edited by Josh; 12-12-2003 at 04:51 PM.

Its on like Donkey Kong! DarKensoul7's Avatar
    hey josh u must really like those army shorts heh
    "Only two things are infinite, the universe and human stupidity, and I'm not sure about the former."

-Albert Einstein

hmmm... that's interesting. So, either they couldn't find a team like that (rather unlikely) or as Josh said, the team they had cast dropped out.

Leo
    Premium Member
    Do not get me started on reality shows and casting agents.

not fair!

(quote)
    Look must be All American/girl next door, Blond/Brunette/Redhead. Very Melrose Place/The O.C., cheerleaders, Trista from Bachelorette, etc
    Must also be athletic
    (/Quote)

Not fair! Why are dark-haired girls excluded? Haven't these agents seen Anglina Jolie kick a$$ in Tomb Raider? They can be hot, athletic and all American/girl next door too!

Quote Originally Posted by sweet_sistah
    (quote)
    Look must be All American/girl next door, Blond/Brunette/Redhead. Very Melrose Place/The O.C., cheerleaders, Trista from Bachelorette, etc
    Must also be athletic
    (/Quote)

Not fair! Why are dark-haired girls excluded? Haven't these agents seen Anglina Jolie kick a$$ in Tomb Raider? They can be hot, athletic and all American/girl next door too!
    Uh, I believe brunette=dark-haired...
    Two things are infinite: the universe and human stupidity; and I'm not sure about the universe.
    - Albert Einstein

(quote)
    Must also be athletic
    (/Quote)

yeah, what she said.....i'm a sucka for dark haired....no wait a minute, i'm a sucka for brunettes....no wait a minute, i'm a sucka for blondes......no wait a minute, i'm a sucka for redheads.....no wait a minute......

Quote Originally Posted by oneTVslave
    Uh, I believe brunette=dark-haired...
    Nope, it's black-haired=dark-haired

Nope, it's black-haired=dark-haired
    Ok... So enlighten me. I may qualify for this. How do I get a shot at being on my all time favorite show? (Considering I live in NC I can't exactly plant myself in front of a casting agent.) Suggestions???

p.s. This whole casting agent crap is irritating since we sent in a video which I doubt anyone watched.
    Shaken, not stirred.

Quote Originally Posted by martini
    Ok... So enlighten me. I may qualify for this. How do I get a shot at being on my all time favorite show? (Considering I live in NC I can't exactly plant myself in front of a casting agent.) Suggestions???

p.s. This whole casting agent crap is irritating since we sent in a video which I doubt anyone watched.
    What, you mean there aren't many casting agents in NC???

Just my thoughts, but I believe here or possibly on another forum elsewhere this "casting call" was pretty much dismissed as bogus. And in my opinion, most if not all other so called casting calls are too. Sure there are going to be casting agents all over the place that may or may not have relationships with CBS, etc, that know that apps are being taken, so they put out a "casting call". That's the business they are in. But I seriously doubt that it is anywhere near official or sanctioned by CBS. Even the official "casting calls" that several of the CBS studios across the country have done have been reported to be little more than a point to collect applications and shoot a fairly "scripted" video if you don't already have one. But I believe that any submitted through those means end up in the ginormous piles with the rest of ours.

I'm still skeptical that over the past 4 races that there has been much so called casting by outside forces. I do not deny that some has taken place in some form, but I don't think it has been rampant. I still hold to my thoughts that I have stated in other threads here that have touched on the casting agent subject that it is actually very possible that it is just CBS/TAR agents that are finding additional applicants as they go through the semi-final interview cities. If my memory serves me correctly, I have yet to hear about anyone that was "found" outside of a city that was a semi-final interview city for their respective race.

And, regarding TAR5. Unfortunately I'd say by now it is almost a certainty that all teams have been filled. With all of the pre-race work that takes place there is almost no way they could be still looking or even could fill a replacement slot if one opened. I believe the TAR4 teams reported being finalized in mid-Dec before their race that started in mid-Jan.

I too sent in an app/video and was initially certain that we'd at least be called to a semi-final interview. Then excitement, turned to anxiousness, which turned into hopefullness, then desparation, and finally disappointment. Or something like that. But I've heard several (or a few at least) Racers say that they were not called the first time they applied, so I am even more determined for TAR6. I am again confident in our ability to be interviewed and hopefully selected. Now the only thing to wonder about is getting the renewal so that TAR6 can take place.

Do not give up. Do whatever you can to help TAR5 succeed and then go for it again when TAR6 apps roll around in several months.
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast