+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CBS Stays in 'Race' for a 4th Lap

CBS Stays in 'Race' for a 4th Lap

By Josef Adalian

HOLLYWOOD (Variety) - CBS is getting ready to run another leg of "The Amazing Race."

The network has committed to a fourth installment of the Jerry Bruckheimer-produced reality series, which has proven to be a solid performer on Wednesdays. Casting has already begun on "Race 4," which will likely bow early next year and continue the format of teams of two circling the globe in a mad dash for cash.

The current "Race" has had a tough time opposite ABC's red-hot "The Bachelor," but it continues to dramatically improve on its "60 Minutes II" lead-in among key demographics -- including by 38% in adults 18-49 (3.6 rating vs. 2.6). It's also one of the best-reviewed of the current crop of reality shows.

CBS will air this week's "Race" an hour earlier than usual, at 8 p.m., to make room for the "Victoria's Secret Fashion Show" at 9 p.m..
    They better find a new timeslot for this show, if they don't want to deal with rough ratings. That timeslot is just too tough for this excellent show to languish in.

And it's a great family show. I don't understand why it's not on at 8pm all the time. Of course we (usually) watch other stuff from 8-9 so I better shut up
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

Great news! Just hang in there maybe another year or so, TAR. Mrs. Paulie and I would love to try out when Mini-Paulie #3 is about 2 years old.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    This is the best reality show ever made, period.

Jerry Bruckheimer is a genius, period.

CBS needs help marketing it, though. And they need the 8 pm ET time slot (or a different night ---like boring Tuesdays)
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

You know what you need to do, Bravo? You need to become a reality show marketing person and drum up excitement for underrated gems like TAR and CM. I think that's your calling.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

I think you're right Paulie! That is my calling in life...to spread the joys of GOOD reality tv shows to the public that is oblivious to what they are missing.

(BF finishes out her lunch break rewriting resume... )
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)

Since I thought of it first, can I be your manager?

Sounds like a plan!

Originally posted by Paulie
    Great news! Just hang in there maybe another year or so, TAR. Mrs. Paulie and I would love to try out when Mini-Paulie #3 is about 2 years old.
    Paulie, I thought you/Mrs. P and me/Joey were gonna try out for TAR5?

Good to hear this show will be around for another season.
    It's not my favourite show as it's a little manic in the early stages and some of the editing is a little brutal.

I think the show has rallied this year after a (imo) disappointing second season.
    I still hold out hope that it won't come down to a foot race.
    I'll be so disappointed if it does.
    "That's Numberwang!"

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast