Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: interviews scheduled?

Quote Originally Posted by nairb247
    THE AMAZING RACE
    World Race Productions
    4120 Del Rey Avenue
    Marina Del Rey, CA 90292
    310-577-9381

That info was compliments of Marinewife, who I assume is pretty bummed right now. Sorry about that, but life does go on.

My only concern is that CBS will not renew TAR after season 5 unless the ratings really take off.

It is the most intriguing reality show out there and the only show that you do will on your smarts and skill. The other ones are all decided by what others think and not what you can do. CBS needs to have two seasons a year like survivor.

Yeah I am pretty bummed and I can't really talk about it or I will probably cry!

It was great kindof getting to know all of you! Take care of yourselves and God Bless!

Ang

I will

give them a call and let us know what they say.
    I'm in the CTS - will call West coast sometime after noon - then repost later today.

Captain of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Wife
    Yeah I am pretty bummed and I can't really talk about it or I will probably cry!

It was great kindof getting to know all of you! Take care of yourselves and God Bless!

Ang

So you are leaving us because you didn't get called? Just put in a killer tape next time. It really would be nice to know what is going on in the casting peoples heads. I think they have done a good job casting but there are a few teams I have wondered about.

So you are leaving us because you didn't get called? Just put in a killer tape next time. It really would be nice to know what is going on in the casting peoples heads. I think they have done a good job casting but there are a few teams I have wondered about.
    I will still be around! I just won't be posting as much, because all I posted were questions about the 'applying' process.
    It is sad though to think that there are people like us who would put our heart into something like this because we like TAR that much, and there are those they pick who come from Agents and are only worried about getting famous. I guess that's the politics of it all! Oh well!

Peace and Chicken Grease!
    Quote Originally Posted by Marine Wife
    I will still be around! I just won't be posting as much, because all I posted were questions about the 'applying' process.
    It is sad though to think that there are people like us who would put our heart into something like this because we like TAR that much, and there are those they pick who come from Agents and are only worried about getting famous. I guess that's the politics of it all! Oh well!

We would have ROCKED on TAR 5 Ang! The crazy thing is, we sent in a great tape... I can't quite figure it out. They better have some awesome teams on this season....that way I don't feel so bad about not getting at least an interview :mad:

I at least hope that some of you from the boards here got called for the semi's..of so best of luck!!!!

Jason

Captain of the World
    Quote Originally Posted by SouthPaw
    We would have ROCKED on TAR 5 Ang! The crazy thing is, we sent in a great tape... I can't quite figure it out. They better have some awesome teams on this season....that way I don't feel so bad about not getting at least an interview :mad:

I at least hope that some of you from the boards here got called for the semi's..of so best of luck!!!!

Jason

Pretty interesting. I really wish they would show the tapes of those that got picked. For the life of me the only ones they do show from TAR 3 are really lame. I compare them to the survivor tapes and most of those are pretty lame too. That is what is so interesting about the process. I would love to do a documentary on casting of reality shows and see what really goes on. Hmmmm now there is an idea, anyone want to help fund that one?

It's official

Pretty interesting. I really wish they would show the tapes of those that got picked. For the life of me the only ones they do show from TAR 3 are really lame. I compare them to the survivor tapes and most of those are pretty lame too. That is what is so interesting about the process. I would love to do a documentary on casting of reality shows and see what really goes on. Hmmmm now there is an idea, anyone want to help fund that one?
    I just called World Race Productions - the lady that answered the phone stated that all semi-finalist calls had been put out there at this time. (11:50 CST 10-28-03)

In a few hours we will officially be 3-weeks-past-the-due-date. There has been speculation going both ways as to whether or not calls have been made.

First, I think on Oct 20, someone somewhere posted that they had talked to WRP and they were way behind, and calls would not be placed until early-Nov. I believe they said end of first week of Nov, or the second week of Nov. That would loosely be Nov 5 - Nov 12, or so.

Then, around the same time, others are reporting rumors of interviews already being scheduled in LA and/or Pittsburgh. Supposedly with calls having been made during the week of the 20th, with interviews possibly being the week of the 27th.

Then, there are other reports that on Oct 27 and Oct 28 people have called and been told they are all done scheduling interviews.

Unfortunately, I have no first-hand info about calls (and wouldn't be posting about it if I did). And, I am not saying that anyone who has posted here or elsewhere is lying, but I take ALL postings with a very large grain of salt. Plus those posters could be truthfully passing on false information, without knowing it.

It seems that based on the rumors and postings that maybe the calls have in fact already occurred. Only one posting somewhere reported the "being behind so early Nov" scenario. All other postings point the other direction.

But, I would say that applicants should still hold out a bit of hope, given that former Racers have reported/implied/estimated/guessed/etc that their calls came in the 2-4 weeks after the apps were due. We are still in that window.

And, even if someone calls WRP and is told all calls have been made, who's to say that is a 100% truthful statement? They (WRP) try to keep a tight lid on everything; they get bugged by a stream of phone calls; what is the quickest way to try to stop those calls? Tell the callers that interviews have been scheduled.

What harm does that do if WRP is "lying"? If you never get called, then you are no wiser--you never know you were lied to. If you call them, they lie to you and tell you they're done, then a week later you get called, will you REALLY care at that point? Me thinks not!

Just my thoughts, and hopes!
    There are three cigars in the humidor --- My yo-yo has no string --- Isn't that rather misshapen?
    It's supposed to bend that way, I'm Italian! --- I bring new meaning to the phrase 'Blown out of proportion'! --- My puzzle has one piece missing

Thanks, TAR4 ATC Dave and TAR4 ATCSteve!

FORT Newbie
    I've been thinking the same thing. I agree, the best way to stop the calls would be to tell them all calls have already gone out.

Quote Originally Posted by pokaflay
    I've been thinking the same thing. I agree, the best way to stop the calls would be to tell them all calls have already gone out.
    [COLOR=Green][I] Greetings to all. Me first posty. I wondering which would be the lie? If the receptionist was telling the truth about calls in Novemeber, then the current rumor is false. However, if the current rumor ir true (about calls being done) then the first rumor is false. If they lied the first time then they could lie again and thusly both rumors would be false. At this point, I am tired and am beginning not to care.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast