+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Everything you always wanted to know about John, but didn't know WHO to ask:

I'm really THAT Dave

Everything you always wanted to know about John, but didn't know WHO to ask:

Last evening I had the great pleasure of meeting John, the fine proprieter of this board. We had been trying to meet for drinks or dinner on one of his trips to Chicago, but had no real luck in arranging a mutually agreeable time. Last night he managed to pop in to the bowling alley I was bowling at (yea, I really DO bowl) and we had a great chat.

Actually, thanks for working around my schedule John - you were a blast to talk to, I had a great time. I hope it wasn't too boring for you!

Dave

BTW - With John there I shot 226-257-228 for a 711 (my first 700 of this season!) I'm inviting him back next week, although he claims he's never going to fly again...I wonder why...

C'mon Without Cmon Within QuinntheEskimo's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    BTW - With John there I shot 226-257-228 for a 711 (my first 700 of this season!) I'm inviting him back next week, although he claims he's never going to fly again...I wonder why...

do those numbers represent ounces of beer

Lean mean speedin machine AR Boy's Avatar
    Dave! I'm comin around to Chicago within a month or so
    Wanna go for a game of bowling? Your 2XX ounces of beer will be paid by me I'd prefer it if you drank in millilitres instead.

Aw, Dave. I'm your good luck charm!

I realized when I got back to my hotel room that I'd forgotten to bring my PC cable for my camera, so I'll have a report on my Dave meeting, with picture, tomorrow

But needless to say, Dave's even funnier in person than on TV, and had me cracking up all night.

Of course, he couldn't resist the standard reality-tv-contestant "editing" complaint

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    Last night he managed to pop in to the bowling alley I was bowling at (yea, I really DO bowl) and...
    ...I shot 226-257-228 for a 711 (my first 700 of this season!)
    Dave, don't sell yourself short, you don't just bowl, you BOWL. Those are impressive scores. And judging by the "my first 700 of this season" remark, you must bowl well regularly. May I ask your high game and series? I guess I just did--would you answer?

I bowled quite a bit at one point when I was younger but never carried above about a 180 avg, with a high game of about 250-260, and never got a 700 series nor do I remember how close I ever was. A friend of mine regularly averages 210+ and has bowled in some regional PBA tournaments.

Hey, wait, this thread is supposed to be about John, isn't it. OK, did John bowl? Probably not, since I'm assuming you were league bowling and not open.

Dex
    Erm... can we REALLY ask questions about John as the name of this thread suggests?

lol Dex. If you want to know something about me, feel free to ask...

Dex
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    lol Dex. If you want to know something about me, feel free to ask...
    thanks John... but I er... really don't want to get hurt by that scary looking fire you've got there...
    oh what the hell I'll risk it anyway:

Why is it that you seem to know everything, especially abt TAR? You've answered a lot of our questions, posted fantastic interviews with the teams... how did you do that? Something tells me you're more than a typical hardcore fan... do you have ties to CBS?

Pls don't burn me...

I have no ties to CBS. But TAR is my favorite reality show, and I've done the interviews with the teams for 2 seasons (thanks to CBS for that one). And over the 4 seasons of TAR, I've seen most of those questions hashed through at least once.

So I guess the answer is that I am just the typical hardcore fan, and in the immortal words of The Miracles, "I don't work for nobody but me".

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by CantGetEnufTAR
    May I ask your high game and series? I guess I just did--would you answer?
    Sure, I'll answer - my highest game ever was only a 280, which I've shot once. I have about half a dozen 279s as well. My highest series ever was a 765.

And to get back to John...you all don't realize how TALL he is! I'm 6'3" and was looking up all night - and he was sitting down!

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast