+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Applying for The Amazing Race 5

FORT Newbie

Anyone Apply for TAR 5?

My wife and I just sent in our apllications materials for TAR 5.

Anyone else gone down this road before or this time?

Jasmine Trias & Sam Milby NBCDaytimeFan's Avatar

Open Casting Calls for TAR5

Just wanted to let you know that Open Casting Calls may be happening around the country in the next few weeks.

Here in San Francisco, the local affiliate CBS5 is holding open casting calls for the 5th season.

Here is the information from KPIX.com:
    CBS 5 and Friendster.com will be holding a local casting call for the next season of The Amazing Race on Saturday, October 4 from 12noon-4pm at The Great Mall in Milpitas - Entrance 4 (near Food Court).

So check your local CBS affiliate's website to see if they are holding open casting calls in your area.

It should also be noted that these are not technically "casting calls". They are simply organized, unofficial efforts to make videotapes and help people fill out applications, in case they don't have the facilities to make their own tapes.

Me and my friend just sent in our stuff the other day, I hope to hear something soon. Good luck all!

Okay...I'll answer you since no one else is! My roommate (and future step sister) Dawn and I sent our apps in last week. If anyone is going for TAR5...acknowledge! Just curious how many FORT/TAR fans are going to go for it! As Dave stated in another thread, its a longshot, but hey, at least we got off our a$$es and put our hat in the ring.

TAR4 Dave/Steve, in case you catch this thread...should contestants be more concerned or less concerned that CBS is doing live audition in the Bay area and possibly Philly?

John~ Your a great moderator! This is the most helpful, organized and fun forum I've found...and believe me we have been snooping around for show info for a couple of months now!

God Bless. Good luck y'all!!
    Stacey
    Last edited by yecatS; 10-04-2003 at 12:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by John
    It should also be noted that these are not technically "casting calls". They are simply organized, unofficial efforts to make videotapes and help people fill out applications, in case they don't have the facilities to make their own tapes.
    They're doing that here locally. I'm wondering if there is a benefit to doing it "their" way as opposed to making your own tape?

There is no benefit. You can do it either way, and will have the same chance. Although I'd argue that you have a better chance doing it yourself, if you can find a way to stand out with your video. If you just plan to sit in front of a camera and tell them about yourself, do it either way.

FORT Newbie
    That step-sister thing is great,and unique! I bet you'll get interviewed. My mom and I are applying. Does anybody know what percentage get semi-finalled?

FORT Newbie

When will they make the calls?

I noticed on the applications it said semi-final interviews would be held at the end of October or early November. I was wondering when the producers will start to call people to let them know they made it to the next round?

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by pokaflay
    I noticed on the applications it said semi-final interviews would be held at the end of October or early November. I was wondering when the producers will start to call people to let them know they made it to the next round?
    Based on our experience, about 3 weeks after the application deadline. Could be as short as 2 weeks, could be as long as 4. After 5-6 weeks, figure you didn't make it.

Dave

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 7 1234567 LastLast