+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Drastic Changes to TAR5???

FORT Fogey

Absolutely Dave!

Definetly Dave!! Were you the Packer fan? Woohoo! Go Packers!

FORT Newbie

My List

Well obviously, everyone loved the ATC's! Who doesn't love witty commentary? I was sure bummed when they were philiminated.

But upon thinking back, these would be my candidates for 2nd chance leg.

Season 1:

David & Margaretta, they were one of the cutest older couples I've ever seen, despite the odds, I so wanted them to do well.
    Kevin & Drew, Are there people that DIDN"T like them??

Season 2:

Gary & Dave, hehe... I heart geeks
    Peggy & Clair, perhaps I just have a soft spot for sweet elderly people
    Oswald & Danny, My favorite TAR gay men. Nobody has yet to bond with locals with such finesse. Apparently, TAR 5 teams should study them.

Season 3:

Dennis & Andrew, Philiminated way too soon! They cracked me up.
    Aaron & Arianne, I was sad to see them go. They were truly dedicated to the honorable quest to philiminate the twins.

Season 4:

Dave & Steve, I'd be a fool not to say them.
    Jon & Al, I"m still weeping they didn't make the final 3.
    Monica & Sheree, They are the first all female team I was really rooting for. I just liked them.

Maybe, that could be the twist the audience could vote for the returning teams? lol, I know will never happen.

Anyway, the trip down memory lane was fun. Who would you guys liked to have had another shot at the prize?

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    I can think of at least ONE team I wish had gotten a chance to get back in. But only one.

Dave
    Me too Dave Those clowns were awesome. bwahahahaha JUST KIDDING.

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by tarRocKs
    Season 4:

Dave & Steve, I'd be a fool not to say them.
    Jon & Al, I"m still weeping they didn't make the final 3.
    Monica & Sheree, They are the first all female team I was really rooting for. I just liked them.

Maybe, that could be the twist the audience could vote for the returning teams? lol, I know will never happen.

Anyway, the trip down memory lane was fun. Who would you guys liked to have had another shot at the prize?
    Sure bummer... I wish you never mentioned about Jon and Al getting eliminated. Ahhh... That was SO sad ! -_- But it was fun to watch them all in all. The Amazing Race rocks!!!!

I'm really THAT Dave
    Quote Originally Posted by aMaZiN'RaCeGuY>
    Sure bummer... I wish you never mentioned about Jon and Al getting eliminated. Ahhh... That was SO sad ! -_- But it was fun to watch them all in all. The Amazing Race rocks!!!!
    The Jon/Al elimination story is even worse when you know what really caused them to get eliminated - a faulty credit card reader.

But I guess that the reason they don't allow teams back in is because we all have teams we would have liked to have seen do better, and unfortunately there can only be one winner.

Dave

Spiderman 2 - June 30 audiomaster's Avatar
    Faulty Credit Card Reader ?

I never heard of that story before. Dave, fill me in.

Wish I Had A FF Right Now Jughead Jones's Avatar
    The only thing I can come up with is the fact that they'll have something in addition to Roadblocks and Fast Forwards. Like, maybe a "Dead End", where you have to backtrack and start over from the beginning of the leg. They could mix them in with the Route Info clues so that teams could get them randomly to make it fair. They say that the race is entirely based on luck, and with the "Dead End" option, it'll make things interesting.

Though...I might be the only one who agrees.

Forever in the Gilles & Chmerkovskiy Camp
    Quote Originally Posted by John
    If they do a celebrity or all-star season, I will stop watching. For good. No show would be more screwed up by doing an all-star show.

The couples will always know the person they're paired with. It's an integral part of the race, that "two people with a previous relationship run the race around the world." What fun is it watching people who don't know each other break down and fight? It's much more exciting watching engaged couples, brothers and sisters, fathers and sons duke it out each week.
    All star edition I'd watch for any show. But a celebrity version? Heck no. The last thing TAR needs to do is turn into another Celebrity Mole. I could only stand about 3 episodes of that. Maybe if Anderson Cooper were there, I'd have felt different.
    While I enjoy watching 12 new teams race around the world and have the experience for the first time, I wouldn't mind seeing past teams come back. I think we'd still see fights among teams (you think Tara and Wil would come back for a second go around and not fight?) And considering there being given a second chance, there might be a lot more fighting amongst teams than before. The only thing I wouldn't like is the fact that all of the teams know each other or have seen each other and most have become friends, even with teams that weren't on there season. You wouldn't have the same interaction there, and might find everyone in some big love fest not caring who wins or not.

Quote Originally Posted by TAR4 ATC Dave
    The Jon/Al elimination story is even worse when you know what really caused them to get eliminated - a faulty credit card reader.

But I guess that the reason they don't allow teams back in is because we all have teams we would have liked to have seen do better, and unfortunately there can only be one winner.

Dave
    A faulty credit card reader? Hmmm... I've never heard of that before... but well, it's such a pity.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast